• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surgery Success - Thanks for the Prayers!

the side effects of Levothyroxine are worse than the cancer! :( I think it's a good sign that they put you on Synthroid. (remember I'm not a Dr, I just play one here;)) They did not put me on Synthroid after my surgery, because I think they saw the cancer at that time. I didn't start Synthroid until 2 days after my RAI. You can't be on the medication if they are preparing your body for the RAI. They had planned all along to do a TT, even thou the FNA didn't show anything. I think their main clue was the Sonogram back in April, it showed several nodules
chefshawna
Gold Member
Well, I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers during my surgery for my thyroid. I had it yesterday. It went well, they took my whole thyroid and so far it looks good. They will send it away and let me know in a few days if it is cancer or not. So, thank you all for the prayers! You all are GREAT!!!! I am still very sore and my throat hurts like crazy, but all in all I'm good. Well, it's back to bed! I will get my husband to take a pic and post it since I know how much you all love to see pics!!:D

I'm so sorry you are sore.:( I am so glad you are home and recouping.:sing: I will pray for good results when your tests come back.

Glad to hear that your surgery went well. Take care of yourself & don't try to do too much right away!

I'll keep you in my prayers! :)

Glad to hear things went well. Take good care of yourself, get plenty of rest, and do what the doctor tell you. I'll be praying for quick healing.

Thank you for giving us an update. I will continue to pray for you. Like Rae said, take it easy.

I am glad you are doing ok...thanks for the update, but GET SOME REST!! lol

Prayers that your results are CANCER FREE!!

Hope everything goes well, I was surprised how quickly I felt better after the surgery. Hope you get results from the path soon, I didn't hear for 10 days, it nearly drove me nuts!! Did they put you on Synthroid?

pjpamchef said:
Hope everything goes well, I was surprised how quickly I felt better after the surgery. Hope you get results from the path soon, I didn't hear for 10 days, it nearly drove me nuts!! Did they put you on Synthroid?

Yeah, I'm on Synthroid now and Calcium. My arm is very swollen and sore from the I.V., so I'm a little worried about that, but I am keeping an eye on it. I hope my path doesn't take that long!! So, was your path o.k. from the surgery and then it was bad from the whole piece? Sorry if I'm not making any sense! LOL

Glad to see everything went well. Sorry that you're so sore, but hopefully that will change quickly.
Let us know when you get your results. I'll keep praying.

Glad to hear it went well. Make sure you get lots of rest and get DH to spoil you! :D Don't forget to visit us once in a while! :) Will be praying for good test results!

chefshawna said:
Yeah, I'm on Synthroid now and Calcium. My arm is very swollen and sore from the I.V., so I'm a little worried about that, but I am keeping an eye on it. I hope my path doesn't take that long!! So, was your path o.k. from the surgery and then it was bad from the whole piece? Sorry if I'm not making any sense! LOL

I think it's a good sign that they put you on Synthroid. (remember I'm not a Dr, I just play one here;)) They did not put me on Synthroid after my surgery, because I think they saw the cancer at that time. I didn't start Synthroid until 2 days after my RAI. You can't be on the medication if they are preparing your body for the RAI. They had planned all along to do a TT, even thou the FNA didn't show anything. I think their main clue was the Sonogram back in April, it showed several nodules, but three of them were "cold", and looked different than the rest.

Glad to hear that it turned out so far so good. They put me on Syntroid but my body took an allergic reaction and my arms broke out in a rash. I'm now Levothyroxin and calcium.

PampMomof3 said:
Glad to hear that it turned out so far so good. They put me on Syntroid but my body took an allergic reaction and my arms broke out in a rash. I'm now Levothyroxin and calcium.

Well, I'm actually taking Levothyroxine, which I thought was a generic Synthroid?? I am taking calcium right now because my levels are low. My hands and feet keep tingling! It's annoying! I also have congestion and keep coughing, so that hurts my neck! But, enough complaining!!! I'm on Vicodin, so as long as I keep taking that my pain level is o.k.

Send your DH to a Walgreens if you have one, and have him pick up their brand of "Mucus Relief". That will help! If you don't have a Walgreens then just get Mucinex, same stuff, just more expensive. For some reason congestion is a problem!

chefshawna said:
Well, I'm actually taking Levothyroxine, which I thought was a generic Synthroid?? I am taking calcium right now because my levels are low. My hands and feet keep tingling! It's annoying! I also have congestion and keep coughing, so that hurts my neck! But, enough complaining!!! I'm on Vicodin, so as long as I keep taking that my pain level is o.k.

OH Shawna, how I understand! I had my surgery and was supposed to be released the same day but I was in for 4 1/2 hours!! I ended up staying for 5 days b/c my levels were SO low. MY hands and nose will still get tingling sometimes but my doctors knicked my para thyroid glands so I'll be on calcium FOREVER. :cry: I HATE taking pills. They also found cancer in my thyroid during surgery so now I have to have an ultrasound every year in December.

I do Levothyroxine too -- it's the synthroid generic. $10 for a 90 day supply at Kroger or Walmart!

IAmChefJ said:
I do Levothyroxine too -- it's the synthroid generic. $10 for a 90 day supply at Kroger or Walmart!

Is it really? I think I do $12 for a 30 day supply!! I"ll check into that.

See what you can learn on CS? :p

Different brands of levothyroxine may not work the same. If you get a prescription refill and your new pills look different, talk with your pharmacist or doctor.
It may take several weeks before your body starts to respond to this medication

I have been taking Synthroid for over 30 years, and a couple things I have ALWAYS been told, #1 Don't change brands, once you start taking one stay with it. and #2 Most Endo Dr's warn against taking the generic.

1. How did the surgery go?

The surgery was a success! The doctor was able to complete the procedure without any complications.

2. Did the patient experience any pain during or after the surgery?

The patient was given anesthesia during the surgery, so they did not feel any pain. After the surgery, the doctor prescribed pain medication to manage any discomfort.

3. How long is the recovery process?

The length of the recovery process varies depending on the type of surgery and the individual's overall health. It is best to follow the doctor's post-operative instructions for a successful recovery.

4. Are there any restrictions or precautions the patient should take after the surgery?

The doctor will provide specific instructions for aftercare, including any restrictions or precautions that need to be taken. It is important to follow these instructions to ensure a smooth recovery.

5. Can the patient resume their normal activities after the surgery?

It is best to consult with the doctor before resuming any normal activities. The patient may need to take some time off work or refrain from certain activities for a period of time to allow for proper healing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tlag1986
Replies
Views
rennea
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates