• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Supportive Person Cookout: Fun Ideas for Your Cluster's Annual Event

C
chefjanet
Has anyone ever hosted or attended a "Supportive Person Event" for their cluster? We have one every year and let each consultant in the cluster invite the person who has supported their business during the year. We've had the guests participate in fun activities ranging from product quizzes to recipe demos, and always award special recognition to the guests as a big thank you from the cluster. New ideas are always welcome, however, and I'd love to hear some! If you have any good ones, please let me know ASAP so we can incorporate them. Thanks for your help!! :D

That is such a great idea! If I wasn't already planning our teams family picnic I would be all over that! I am racking my brain trying to think of ideas for you. How about making them super heros.... or doing a race were they have to put on bras or something (get it, support). I am kinda goofy like that with my team!

ShanaSmith said:
That is such a great idea! If I wasn't already planning our teams family picnic I would be all over that! I am racking my brain trying to think of ideas for you. How about making them super heros.... or doing a race were they have to put on bras or something (get it, support). I am kinda goofy like that with my team!

There is nothing WRONG with Goofy - I LOVE your idea!!:p

ShanaSmith said:

That would be pretty hysterical!!! I don't think that I'd want to offer up my bras, though, for that contest! :eek: Unfortunately, the location of our meeting wouldn't be very good for races, and we typically eat on the porch and have the meeting inside. I think I need ideas for games we could play during the meeting. I was thinking of putting a lot of parts of popular products in a bag, such as the blade guard from a Food Chopper, or the cleaning tool from the Garlic Press. I'd pass around the bag and ask the guests to pull out an object and guess the tool it belongs to and what it's used for. They could "ask a consultant" for hints if they got stuck. We'd award points for correct answers and give some little prizes.
I also like the idea of making them "superheroes" by awarding medals of honor or something. Thanks for sharing!

Any other ideas??? HELP!!!

Thanks, everyone!

Our cluster has a Christmas party that spouses (supportive persons) are welcome. They did a Newlywed style game this year with a few of the couples. They sent wives out of the room and asked questions like "If you're wife could pick anyplace to go for an incentive trip...where would it be?" and "What's the number one reason your wife started her PC business" and so on...then they switch! It was fun and pretty funny!

Can you post the questions you used?

How about using your bag idea, but they have to be blindfolded, pull out an item and guess what it is for by feel...

Note: For safety reasons avoid sharp objects! :)

Teresa Lynn said:
Can you post the questions you used?

I was just there, as a consultant & spectator. My director and a couple of the directors under her came up with the game & questions...I only vaguely remember a few of the questions:( sorry

janetupnorth said:
How about using your bag idea, but they have to be blindfolded, pull out an item and guess what it is for by feel...

Note: For safety reasons avoid sharp objects! :)

Great minds must think alike!! I ended up putting a bunch of "parts" from popular products into a bag and had the supportive people each pick something without being able to see what it was. The rest of the product was sitting on a table. When it was each person's turn, they got up and matched up the piece in hand, with the appropriate product (ex. blade guard with Food Chopper.) Points were awarded if they chose the correct product, if they could provide the correct name of the product, and finally, if they could tell everyone what the product can be used for. Besides the Food Chopper, I included the Deluxe Cheese Grater (handle), Adjustable Measuring Spoon (grey slide), Microplane Adjustable Grater (clear food holder press), the Rice Cooker Plus (clear insert), ane Ice Cream Sandwich Maker (grey handle.) It was easier for those supportive people who have Pampered Chef products up to their ears at home! The newbies made the game very comical with some of their guesses! Oh, and I also told everyone that if the Supportive Person got stuck, he/she could "ask a consultant", but the consultant had to be from the other team AND the consultant may or may not give a truthful answer! (Kinda like "I doubt it...") We had a lot of fun with this.

I also made up "SSP" certificates for each of our "Super Supportive People". Each consultant e-mailed me with a tribute written for their SSP which we read. Some of them brought tears to our eyes!

Finally, each SSP was given an envelope with two inexpensive lottery scratch tickets enclosed. I put labels on the envelopes that read, "We feel so lucky that you are supporting "Jane's" Pampered Chef business! We hope that you will be the lucky one tonight! (Ironically, my husband won $34 on his scratch tickets!!)

If you've never done this type of meeting, it's a great way to recognize the spouses, parents, children, sisters, friends, etc. who work behind the scenes to keep us going! :)

What a great idea! I'm not sure if my team does anything like this... well, considering I've been with PC for a year and we haven't yet, I'm guessing not, but I'll have to bring it up! What a great way to say thank you to the person/people that have made the business possible!!!

Glad it went well - also like the lottery ticket thing. I had a coworker at Master Lock that would put a $1 scratch off ticket in everyone's Christmas card. It was kind of fun!

We are doing our annual Family BBQ on Aug. 5th. Lots of great ideas here... love the lottery ticket thing, and doing up something special for the Supportive spouses.

We open ours up for kids too, so we will do some fun kids games using our products... maybe a bean toss into the mini muffin pan, or something like that.

For the spouse part, you could have 25 words written on pieces of paper. Just like the $ pyramid game...one spouse describes what the word is while the other tries to figure out the words.

We have also played Chefardy at our meetings as well... with much fun and success.

I will be doing some awards for sales over the last 6 months or for the last year just to show what is achievable.

ALSO this year I am encouraging my consultants to invite their potential recruit leads and their family members! I have been really trying to bond with my team recently, and it has been making a HUGE difference. My team had a record month this last month and had my SuzieQconsultant accept directorship and my Dwyerkim promote to Future!! YEAH TEAM!

Related to Supportive Person Cookout: Fun Ideas for Your Cluster's Annual Event

1. What is a "Supportive Person Event" for a cluster?

A "Supportive Person Event" for a cluster is an annual gathering where each consultant in the cluster invites someone who has supported their business throughout the year. It is a way to show appreciation and recognize the important role that these individuals play in the success of the cluster.

2. What types of activities are typically included in a "Supportive Person Event"?

Some common activities at a "Supportive Person Event" may include product quizzes, recipe demos, and special recognition for the guests. These activities are meant to be fun and engaging, while also highlighting the products and services offered by the cluster.

3. How often is a "Supportive Person Event" held?

A "Supportive Person Event" is typically held once a year, as an annual tradition for the cluster. However, some clusters may choose to hold it more frequently, such as every six months, depending on their needs and preferences.

4. Can anyone attend a "Supportive Person Event"?

The guests at a "Supportive Person Event" are typically chosen by the consultants in the cluster, and are usually individuals who have supported their businesses in some way. However, some clusters may choose to open up the event to a wider audience, such as including potential customers or business partners.

5. What are some fun and creative ideas for a "Supportive Person Event"?

Some fun and creative ideas for a "Supportive Person Event" may include hosting a themed party, such as a luau or a movie night; organizing a scavenger hunt or a team-building activity; or inviting a guest speaker to share their expertise and insights. The possibilities are endless, and it's always a good idea to ask for suggestions and feedback from the guests to make the event even more enjoyable for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefjeanine