• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sunday Bazaar: Selling Simple Additions & Batter Bowl Mixes!

In summary, the author is doing a holiday bazaar and is planning to take a few of her recent orders to have on hand in case someone wants to buy them. The author charges $20 for the batter bowls with the mixes already in them. Some people have found her event and purchased items, while others have not. The author wishes she had advice for those doing a similar event.
ahammons
Okay, I am doing a Holiday Bazaar on Sunday and was just thinking that I may take a few things that I have ordered recently (but haven't opened) to have on hand, just in case someone wants to buy them. Most of them are Simple Additions pieces. Has anyone done this before, and what item(s) seem to be the favorites in your experience? Like I said, I have these and will just order myself another set if I sell them. Several people that I've talked to so far have said that it's nice to go to these things and buy stuff that you can take home with you that day. I'll also have some batter bowl mixes made, just in case someone wants to purchase one. (I already have 7 orders for them!!:D )

What do you charge for the batter bowls with the mixes already in them?

I'm charging $20 for them. Personally, I thought that was too much at first, but I wouldn't really have made my money back if I charged less than that. I was actually surprised at how many people wanted one so soon!

I wish I had advice for you. I too am doing a Holiday Shopping Boutique type event. I emptied all the boxes in my garage and came up with nearly $400 in product!!! I am hoping this will boost my sales since most of the other vendors will have take with products. Will try to encourage orders and bookings too. I have prep bowls, a pan, a mandoline, simple additions, garlic press, citrus press, spatulas, I-Slices, Forged cutlery, its a sin all the un-opened product I have Oi! YAY for successful Holiday Shopping, or Selling rather hehe!

Just remember that none of these sales will have the guarantee in case of damage/breakage, etc. that the customer would have if they bought it from you as a show order.

Best sellers are mini serv spat, quikut knife sets, seasons best, cran scrapers, scoops & dec bottle sets this time of year. Make sure to have everything priced. True that there is no warranty, but many people don't care. They aren't likely to bother trying to replace it if something happens anyway. I don't bring anything very expensive b/c people love to grab the little things.

Customers do love to have something they can carry away with them. I've found that if I have little door prize type things that they can ADD to an order, but carry away, then everybody's happy. I don't need to have stock (because no matter what big items I have, it's not what people ask for), they don't have to worry about warranty, they don't have to lug a 12" skillet around all day, but they get something tangible they can use right away. SBRCs, Quickuts, bamboo tongs, iSlices, etc., are all good cash and carry items.

ooohhh...and Mix N Chops! I had 10 and sold out at my last expo. I wouldn't have had that many but at a couple smaller ones I was selling 2 or 3. That and i-slices. Tell them they are great for wrapping paper!! Also, only have the quikut knife sets...they WILL buy them!

I do great with my cash and carry items at vendor events-I suggest bring whatever you have, big or small-some few ideas that I have come across as hits are-mini serving spatula, can strainers,quickcut paring knives,medium scoops,micro-cookers,scrapers,seasons best,small spreaders,jumbo turner,scewers,bbq basting bottle, silicone basting brush just to name a few.

As far as warranty is concerned, some people do just take and go, however, I try to fill out receipts for everyone, and then I just replenish these items and process as new orders-that way, they do get warranties and I replenish my supply for the next event. Usually the smaller priced items, people don't care if they get a receipt, they are more excited about getting an item that they have been looking for. I usually tell my customers, if they have a problem or need to make a return to contact me, that way I can find how I placed the order on that show, and make the adjustment-this also gives great customer care relation. With my experience, so far, I haven't come across anyone who had to have anything returned. Since I don't charge shipping on these items, I usually process all the cash and carry items on one order and just eat the cost of the shipping-I figure I received most of my cash and carry as free items thru shows I have submitted, so $4 is no big deal to pay. I just make sure that I staple all the cash and carry receipts, or mark someway what order I put them down as, for future reference.

I hope this helps-good luck at your event.

What are the benefits of hosting a Sunday Bazaar party?

Hosting a Sunday Bazaar party is a great opportunity to earn free and discounted products from Pampered Chef. As a host, you will also have the chance to learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and have a fun and interactive experience with your guests.

What are Simple Additions and Batter Bowl Mixes?

Simple Additions are versatile serving pieces that can be used for a variety of dishes, such as appetizers, main courses, and desserts. Batter Bowl Mixes are pre-measured dry ingredients that can be used to make delicious and easy recipes in the Pampered Chef Batter Bowl.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to host a Sunday Bazaar party?

No, anyone can host a Sunday Bazaar party! It's a great way to introduce your friends and family to Pampered Chef products and earn rewards for yourself.

How do I prepare for a Sunday Bazaar party?

As a host, you will receive a party planning guide and invitations to help you prepare for your party. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for tips and advice.

Can I earn rewards for hosting a Sunday Bazaar party?

Yes, as a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales at your party. You will also have the opportunity to purchase exclusive host-only products at a discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • slapsappyhappy