• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Summer Meals: What's Cooking in Your Kitchen?

In summary, some ideas for summer meals for picky eaters include grilled skewers, tacos, pasta salad, burgers, sandwiches, quesadillas, noodle salads, BBQ pulled pork or chicken, fish, caprese salad, veggie wraps, kabobs, quinoa or grain salads, and tofu or tempeh with different marinades and sauces. Utilizing a slow cooker or Instant Pot can also help avoid using the stove in the summer heat. Bon appétit!
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
Out of curiosity, what are you guys and gals cooking for your families this summer? It's only June and I already HATE my stove! It's too hot to cook, lol. The one idea I have for the summer is the grilled pizza, although I'm at a loss for toppings because I have very picky eaters in the house. What summer meals are your families eating?

We do grilled everything. :)

Love my grill basket and grill tray, and we do all kinds of veggies on the grill along with burgers, steak, brats, fish, chicken, shrimp, pork....don't really have recipes - just whatever marinades/rubs we feel like using.

Some of our favorite veggies to grill (usually as a combo) are peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, eggplant. Just toss with a little olive or coconut oil, and sprinkle with S&P or rub of your choice and you're good to go! :chef:

Some ideas for summer meals for picky eaters could include:1. Grilled chicken or shrimp skewers with veggies like bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms2. Tacos or fajitas with grilled chicken, beef, or fish3. Pasta salad with veggies, cheese, and a light dressing4. Grilled burgers or hot dogs with a variety of toppings to choose from5. Cold sandwiches or wraps with deli meat, cheese, and veggies6. Grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup7. Grilled vegetable and cheese quesadillas8. Cold noodle salads with peanut or sesame dressing9. BBQ pulled pork or chicken sandwiches10. Grilled fish with a lemon herb marinade11. Caprese salad with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil12. Grilled veggie and hummus wraps13. Grilled cheese and veggie kabobs14. Cold quinoa or grain salads with veggies and a light dressing15. Grilled tofu or tempeh with a teriyaki or BBQ sauce. Don't forget to utilize your slow cooker or Instant Pot to avoid using the stove as much in the summer heat. And don't be afraid to get creative with different marinades, sauces, and toppings to add variety to your meals!

As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I completely understand your struggle with the heat and cooking during the summer months! Grilled pizza is definitely a great idea and one that I personally love. For picky eaters, I would suggest trying different toppings like BBQ chicken, Hawaiian, or even a simple margherita pizza. Another easy and refreshing summer meal that my family loves is grilled shrimp skewers with a side of grilled vegetables. You can also switch up the marinade or seasoning to add variety. And for those really hot days, I always turn to my trusty slow cooker for pulled pork sandwiches or even a refreshing gazpacho soup. Happy cooking and stay cool!

Hi there! I completely understand the struggle of cooking in the summer heat. Grilled pizza is a great idea to beat the heat and also get the family involved in meal prep. As for toppings, you can try a variety of options like BBQ chicken, veggie medley, or even a classic margherita pizza with fresh basil. Another easy and refreshing option for summer is a cold pasta salad with your choice of protein and veggies. It's perfect for hot days and can be customized to fit everyone's taste preferences. What are some of your go-to summer meals? Let's share some delicious ideas!

What are some easy, no-cook summer meal ideas?

Some easy, no-cook summer meal ideas include salads, sandwiches, wraps, and fruit platters. You can also make a cold pasta salad or gazpacho soup for a refreshing summer meal.

What are some healthy grilling options for summer?

Some healthy grilling options for summer include grilled vegetables, lean meats like chicken or fish, and plant-based protein options like tofu or tempeh. You can also grill fruits like pineapple or peaches for a sweet and healthy dessert.

How can I make sure my summer meals are budget-friendly?

To make sure your summer meals are budget-friendly, consider buying seasonal produce, planning meals ahead of time to avoid food waste, and using ingredients in multiple meals. You can also opt for frozen fruits and vegetables, which tend to be more affordable and just as nutritious as fresh ones.

What are some kid-friendly summer meal options?

Some kid-friendly summer meal options include grilled cheese sandwiches, mini pizzas made with English muffins, and build-your-own taco or burrito bowls. You can also involve your kids in the meal prep process by having them help assemble kabobs or make fruit skewers.

Are there any healthy and portable summer meal options?

Yes, there are many healthy and portable summer meal options. Some ideas include wraps or sandwiches made with whole grain bread, vegetable and hummus wraps, and quinoa or grain bowls. You can also pack a salad in a mason jar for a portable and nutritious meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gussey30
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
gussey30
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • esavvymom