• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Summer Holidays/Vacation - Where Are You Going?

In summary, Kelly is thinking about where other CS users go regularly, or somewhere new they're going this year.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I just got finished booking our bi-annual trip to PEI, Canada (Prince Edward Island) and started thinking about where others on CS go regularly, or somewhere new they're going this year.

We were supposed to go last year but left the booking up to another couple who 'forgot' us when she booked the 4 trailers for her and her family and there was nothing left for us by the time we found out. So we haven't been since 06. '08 we missed out, but we're going back this year WOOHOO!!

LOOK OUT P.E.I!!!! :d

We are headed to Perdido Key, FL, which is pretty much Pensacola. Last year my whole family (my mom, sisters, brothers, aunt's family) started a tradition to take a summer vacation together. We went to Gulf Shores, AL. It was a super blast and the best vacation ever with no fighting. Can you believe it???

We are driving 10 hours (with a 3 1/2 and a 1 1/2 year old) to SW Colorado. My parents go for the whole summer and stay in a 5th wheel they keep in a camp ground. We are renting one of the cabins. The area is beautiful, right down off of the Dolores River. I think I'm a little crazy for agreeing to such a long drive with little kids. :eek:

Just Disneyland this year.... wish it could have been Hawaii, but maybe next year!

I'm heading to D.C. with my husband and 3 kids and my mom and dad. I'm so looking forward to it!

I am headed to England in August to see my husband for 2 weeks while he's on mid-tour leave! Can't wait!

My only vacation is probably going to be National Conference. My family and I had tried to plan another canoe trip but my dad couldn't afford it this year.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
We are driving 10 hours (with a 3 1/2 and a 1 1/2 year old) to SW Colorado. My parents go for the whole summer and stay in a 5th wheel they keep in a camp ground. We are renting one of the cabins. The area is beautiful, right down off of the Dolores River. I think I'm a little crazy for agreeing to such a long drive with little kids. :eek:

I moved across the country twice with small people. First time with a 5 yr old, 2 yr old & 1 month old, the second time they were 7, 3 and 1. We went in my truck pulling a travel trailer while my brother drove the U-Haul, my husband was working so he couldn't help. It took us 5 days each time.
The best thing we had with us was a mini-DVD player and new movies. It's possible, and none of us are in counseling, LOL. PM me if you want more advice.

NC in July! Waiting until after Labor Day for the longer one. Myself, DH, sister & BIL are renting an RV and heading west for 2 weeks...North Dakota, Wyoming, etc. very excited. We were always campers but my sister has never been. Really looking forward to it.

Going to Chicago and NC in July. That's pretty much it for me. Husband and I just got back from Phoenix, so we are done traveling for this year.

Oh, but I am spending the night in Lansing, MI tonight. We are having a PC training there Saturday and my director has rooms for us to hang out tonight.

We just went to North Carolina and spent a week in a cabin and snow. July we are taking a 4 day mini vacation to Tybee Island, GA, and then for our 10 year anniversary the hubby and I are going on a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas in November.

We are going to Branson/Silver Dollar City. We go there about every other year. We rent a cottage & just relax. :)

We are talking right now about heading to Vermont, Maine and/or Mass.
Wanting to go to Florida, but will have to wait.

Kelly V :chef:

Usually we go to Westin St John US Virgin Islands but this year its a no go If anyone is interest we are renting our timeshare there It really is beautiful. its the last week in Aug and the first week of Sept. Email me for more info
[email protected]

We always go to Myrtle Beach for 2 weeks and camp. We all love it and it is a big family vacation. It seems like everyone with campers in our family and can get the time off go. It's great and the kids have a ball too. This year we are going at the end of July through the beginning of Aug. Plus we go camping like every other weekend starting in may

Atleast I will be going to FL in November for my best friends wedding. I'd love for my BF to go with, and we already have a sitter lined up for the week, but it will depend on how much money I can save between now and then.

We have also talked about taking a weekend and doing a little trip with the kids. I really want to go to Salem, IL. I haven't been there since I was little and President Lincoln has always been my favorite. I love the history.

We are hoping to go to Philadelphia again this summer -- Sesame Place is THE BEST! And, we love their children's museum calle the Please Touch Museum. Love, love, love this vacation!

I also always consider NC a vacation for ME!

As for traveling with kids, a portable dvd player is the best invention EVER! My kids are becoming pretty good travelers, but my first big trip with them was 12 hours to North Carolina (very southern Outer Banks region) when dd was 3 and ds was 14 mos. It was interesting getting there -- my two kids slept a combined 1 hour on the way down and on the way home. Yep, 2 total hours between them in 24 hours of traveling. About 1 hour left on the trip down, we finally broke out the dvd player (I had waited to get it out b/c my son was not interested in tv AT ALL at the time). After about 3 straight hours of screaming, he was SILENT watching the dvd! I am not a big fan of turning kids into tv zombies, but I'm also not a big fan of blinding headaches from the screaming in the car and trying to drive/navigate! My kids travel pretty well now BECAUSE we put the dvd player on as soon as they ask into the trip. Then, the other stuff we do along the way is truly a break for them, and they really enjoy it. I do make them take several hour breaks, lest you think it's non-stop tv watching. If you have car-sleepers, you are blessed, and 10 hours shouldn't be too bad!

One other thing I do, which my son LOVES is I have a bag of hats, scarves and sunglasses/glasses. I may have gotten the idea here, I'm not sure. It's a bag he can't see through, and it is STUFFED to the gills with crazy hats and sunglasses. HOURS of entertainment come out of that bag! He loves to try every hat on and pick hats out for everyone else. My husband paid a turnpike toll wearing a fuzzy girly hat, a fuzzy scarf and plastic clear glasses. That was some look!

South beach Miami for our family THANKS Pamperedchef Then DH is taking me to Vegas for 4 days for my 50th Bithday in May can't wait

I plan on going to France and Italy. And going to England this Fall. Keeping fingers crossed :)

Hmm.. the back deck? :blushing:

Gina M said:
I'm heading to D.C. with my husband and 3 kids and my mom and dad. I'm so looking forward to it!

jealous! i love dc.

vwpamperedchef said:
I am headed to England in August to see my husband for 2 weeks while he's on mid-tour leave! Can't wait!

vanessa that is going to be the vacay of a LIFETIME (for more than 1 reason!) :p

chefjeanine said:
Hmm.. the back deck? :blushing:

us too. we were planning on lake shasta. but we decided marriage & home ownership were in our near future so we've scrapped vacations for the next year while we save our pennies.

Haha thanks Meghan...we're actually traveling around, so it won't be restful, we're staying with family too...plus I've been there three times. But it will be Dennis' first... nonetheless, will be awesome! I cannot wait!

Good luck saving those pennies!! Its hard but can be done!

The Furry Guy just learned that they'll be cutting back to 4-day weeks at work for the next month or so. (Thank God for PC!) I'm guessing that means that our vacation will be camping for a long weekend at a nearby state park.

NC isn't a vacation. It's strictly business. (I've almost gotten to where I can say that with a straight face.)

Those all sound like wonderful destinations. I am going to lay low this year, as DS's Bar Mitzvah is ONE YEAR FROM TODAY !!!

If I can find hotel rooms cheap and leave my dogs with friends, I might take DS into downtown Chicago and pretend we are tourists. I've heard it's alot of fun - no worries about where to park and the long drive to and from.

Gina M said:

Gina, when are you coming? I live VA. Are you coming for the Cherry Blossom Festival?

Business vacation will be NC in July. Soo excited. But, we're going to California for Easter. Will see, Mom, older sister, younger sister who lives in OK, her youngest son and youngest daughter . . . and my son, whom I haven't hugged since August!! Can't believe it's only one and a half weeks away.

thecougchef said:
but we decided marriage & home ownership were in our near future so we've scrapped vacations for the next year while we save our pennies.

Just remember that the Marriage ceremony does not define the marriage. We don't always needs the biggest and the best. JMHO

Hubby and I are going with my sis and BIL to Alaska and Seattle in August - July we will be chillin at our beach house on FI and all summer we will be doing tournaments with the kids for LAX and soccer! So far we know we have 2 in Hershey! OH and in my spare time, traveling around looking at colleges for DD #2!

pampchefsarah said:
Gina, when are you coming? I live VA. Are you coming for the Cherry Blossom Festival?

Business vacation will be NC in July. Soo excited. But, we're going to California for Easter. Will see, Mom, older sister, younger sister who lives in OK, her youngest son and youngest daughter . . . and my son, whom I haven't hugged since August!! Can't believe it's only one and a half weeks away.

We're actually coming June 12 - 19th - waiting til school is out since I have older kids who would miss too much if we went during the school year. I've heard the Cherry Blossom Festival is beautiful though! Any suggestions of must sees?

I went last week with my husband to a place called Tropical-Islands which is located 60km south of Berlin/Germany. It was wonderful. It is a indoor Tropical paradise to relax and have a short vacation in your neighbourhood. Check it out.Tropical Islands > Besucher
Michelle

I think the only place we will make it to is a visit or two to my dads, 3 hours away, in the Myrtle Beach area. I would love to go back "home" to Massachusetts to visit family, but don't think it is in our budget this year. We usually return home 1-2 times a year. I am going to try to make a few day trips to the zoo, mountains, etc.

Big trip currently planned this year is Chicago/NC. My DH and two boys will be joining me- they'll be site-seeing while I'm at conference. We'll then hang around for a few days before/after just outside of the city in the NWest suburbs (have family there).We will probably do short 1-2 night trip to the beach at some point this summer/fall (while still warm), and maybe the Blue Ridge area (western NC) this fall if possible. But going to try to keep it as cheap this year as we can. We went to Hawaii in Feb '08 and Disney World Dec '08...so it was a big year last year! Need to give the budget a rest! :D

We are going to Ridgedale, MO - to Big Cedar Lodge just outside of Branson. Looks awesome, and I can hardly wait to go.

Big Cedar

tlag1986 said:
Just remember that the Marriage ceremony does not define the marriage. We don't always needs the biggest and the best. JMHO

oh ive already got it planned - i just need him to quit teasing & pop the question already :blushing:
small (family & close friends), intimate backyard wedding at my parents house. nothing fancy. just an evening surrounded by loved ones. but even that is going to cost a little cash. nothing PC cant take care of though :chef:

We are headed to Riveria Maya, Mexico for our big trip. Went there last year and totally loved it. Originally we planned on going to a different island in the Carib., but our children REALLY wanted to go back there....We always do something big right before back to school, cause when that starts...busy,busy,busy. Yes it is right in the same area as this years PC trip....didn't earn that, but my commission check is paying for the airline tickets!!! Planned this early and we are saving $700+ from last years prices on airlines:eek:!!! (it is actually cheaper to fly into Cancun than Miami)Woo Hoo...we are also gonna be hanging at my DS and BIL house on LBI, and of course in our own all-inclusive in the backyard pool, and on the hammock just chillin!!!

Well, I just booked and paid off a condo in North Myrtle Beach for the week of July 18-25. I'm so excited. This will be the first trip we've ever taken with just us and the kids. We went 3 years ago when DD had just turned 1 and step DS was 6, but we went with all of DH's family and stayed in one big house together, and although they paid for it I said I would never do that again! Now we have another child, so they will be 4-DD, 9-step DS and 23 months-DS. We usually go home to see our parents every three months or so, but this is the first true family vacation with just us and I can't wait!!

Oh, and a side note, to all of those visiting Mexico. They are having a lot of trouble there and have had a lot of American kidnappings, so be careful and stay in the resort areas.

PamperedDor said:
Hubby and I are going with my sis and BIL to Alaska and Seattle in August - July we will be chillin at our beach house on FI and all summer we will be doing tournaments with the kids for LAX and soccer! So far we know we have 2 in Hershey! OH and in my spare time, traveling around looking at colleges for DD #2!

august & september are my favorite months in seattle. you are coming at the perfect time! ... atleast i hope. it still seems like winter here even though we are 10 days into spring :grumpy:

We are headed to the Oregon Coast in Aug. It is usually a bi-annual family trip (with aunts uncles and cousins) that started back when I was about 7 years old and I never missed it, but in 2007 I had my DD a month before the trip so we skipped it. Now she is 2 and it's going to be a blast! can't wait.

1. Where are some popular destinations for summer holidays/vacations?

Some popular destinations for summer holidays/vacations include beach destinations such as Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean, as well as popular cities such as New York, Paris, and London. Outdoor destinations like national parks and camping spots are also popular choices.

2. How do I choose the perfect location for my summer vacation?

When choosing a location for your summer vacation, consider your budget, interests, and preferred type of vacation (relaxing, adventurous, etc.). Research different destinations and their attractions, as well as the time of year and weather conditions.

3. Can you recommend any family-friendly vacation spots?

Absolutely! Some popular family-friendly vacation spots include Disney World, Universal Studios, and various theme parks. Beach destinations like Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and San Diego, California are also great options for families.

4. What are some tips for saving money on summer vacations?

One tip for saving money on summer vacations is to be flexible with your dates and destination. Consider traveling during the off-season or to less popular destinations. You can also save money by booking flights and accommodations in advance and looking for deals and discounts.

5. Is it better to book a vacation package or plan everything separately?

It really depends on your personal preference and the type of vacation you are planning. Booking a vacation package can often save you money and make planning easier, but planning everything separately allows for more flexibility and customization. Consider your budget, time, and desired level of convenience when making this decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies