• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Success in a Small Town: Overcoming Challenges as a Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, the person is worried about their success in a small town with a population of around 43,000 and possibly only 5 other PC consultants. However, others in even smaller towns have had success and the person may also have opportunities in nearby cities. They are encouraged to focus on their own circles and provide good customer service to succeed in their business.
emiscookin
I'm worried that my success won't last very long here in a small town. :( I'm just getting started (signing up today actually) and I'm not sure how many PC consultants are out here, but I'm gonna guess around 5. (My director didn't even know the exact numbers ;)).

I mean, this town is not super small, but it only has around 43,000 people living here and that includes the folks on Post. There are outlining cities, a couple actually, that probably raise it to 60,000 or 65,000. So, with a possible 5 other consultants, how do we not run into each others clients? I don't want people getting sick of us and Pampered Chef. You can only grow so much in a 60,000 population right? Maybe I am worrying too much but I would love to hear what any of you think and what tips you may have. ;) I appreciate it.

Any of you coming from a town smaller than this? ;)

Ok, looking it all up and the outlining cities it's more like 56,000 total.

Well I live in a COUNTY with 5K people and the neighboring counties each have a consultant (with those counties being just about the same size or smaller) and none of us have problems. Three of us have been doing this for 3+ years. We each work our business our way and have as many parties as we would like. All of us travel. It is what you make it. How many places have you been that you have run into another consultant? If you haven't seen one, the chance is either have the people you saw while you were there :)

I live in a very small town and haven't had any problems yet. I know for a fact that there are 3 other consultants in my town alone, and that's not even counting the cities nearby. I've actually been making my way into the surrounding cities and doing some shows there, too. If you make your shows fun, even people who have been to shows with the other consultant but DIDN'T book a show for her may want to have one with you as the consultant. I've had that happen a few times, and I don't mean to take business away from her, but if they prefer you, that's their own personal decision!

I live in a town of 98 POP. and the two closest towns to this one are 20 and 25 miles, POP with 212 and 170 respectively. The next town is 50 miles (the "big" town).
I've succeeded so far ;)

Ask yourself this. How many of those 45-60k people do you and the other 5 consultants all know? Probably very few! You have your own circles. THOSE people have THEIR circles, and so on and so on. If you did 2 shows a week with an average of 10 people at each show- that's 20 people a week (average). X 4 weeks = 80 people a month. Let's round up and say you encounter 100 customers/guests a month from your shows (assuming 2 a week). X 12 months = 1200 customers a year. Several of those will of course be repeat hosts and guests. SO...now ask yourself again. If there are 6 PC consultants taht you know of, and I'm sure a few you don't know of in a town about 45-60,000.....maybe 1/2 of them are women? 30k. Of those, maybe 25% will be interested in PC?? so 7500? I'm just guessing! It could be many more! But do you see what I'm getting at? Mathematically, you've got a great situation in terms of size. Now Shelby- if she can do it and count the population on her and her hubbie's 10 fingers and toes!, then so can you! :D (Just pickin' on you Shel!) OH, and don't forget...most consultants don't provide very good customer service...so they may not stick aroudn long, or do that many shows, etc.As long as you work your business, I'm sure you'll be fine!

esavvymom said:
Ask yourself this. How many of those 45-60k people do you and the other 5 consultants all know? Probably very few! You have your own circles. THOSE people have THEIR circles, and so on and so on. If you did 2 shows a week with an average of 10 people at each show- that's 20 people a week (average). X 4 weeks = 80 people a month. Let's round up and say you encounter 100 customers/guests a month from your shows (assuming 2 a week). X 12 months = 1200 customers a year. Several of those will of course be repeat hosts and guests.

SO...now ask yourself again. If there are 6 PC consultants taht you know of, and I'm sure a few you don't know of in a town about 45-60,000.....maybe 1/2 of them are women? 30k. Of those, maybe 25% will be interested in PC?? so 7500? I'm just guessing! It could be many more! But do you see what I'm getting at? Mathematically, you've got a great situation in terms of size. Now Shelby- if she can do it and count the population on her and her hubbie's 10 fingers and toes!, then so can you! :D (Just pickin' on you Shel!) OH, and don't forget...most consultants don't provide very good customer service...so they may not stick aroudn long, or do that many shows, etc.

As long as you work your business, I'm sure you'll be fine!

LOL Bobbi! The funniest part is everyone knows either me or my hubby either directly or through our parents/aunts.
It just goes to show that even in places where "everybody knows everybody" you can still get new customers!!

I had a fellow consultant from my AD's team join me at a show tonight - because she lives right here in the same town, but is new to the area so needs bookings. I was hoping we'd get a couple and be able to split them.No bookings, but I did get the chance to invite her to come check out my church on Sunday. If she joins the church, that will make 3 PC consultants in the church of less than 100 attendees! Not to mention my team mate, who is friends with most of my friends! And there are at least 2 other consultants in this town, plus several in the county. The county, by the way, of about 8000. The show I did tonight was the first one in over a year that was right here in town! It's all about expanding your network, and getting your name out there.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I think I was overracting...just a bit. ;)
I really do wanna work hard with this business and expand!

When I went to national conference, one of the TPC in SALES was from a population of 500! That's when I knew that you could make a solid biz and make money. If she could sell that much in such a small community...

Also, my neighbor across the street joined my team 3 weeks after I did. We have never had conflicts. She and I both have success in bookings AND growing our team....in fact, she just may be promoting to Director very soon!

No worries...just get out there and ASK everyone. If they have a consultant, they'll tell you and you then respect that connection and move on. :D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
When I went to national conference, one of the TPC in SALES was from a population of 500! That's when I knew that you could make a solid biz and make money. If she could sell that much in such a small community...

Also, my neighbor across the street joined my team 3 weeks after I did. We have never had conflicts. She and I both have success in bookings AND growing our team....in fact, she just may be promoting to Director very soon!

No worries...just get out there and ASK everyone. If they have a consultant, they'll tell you and you then respect that connection and move on. :D

Wow! That's awesome! :thumbup: I feel better now! :D

well, I just had to jump in here!!! I live in a very rural town and a very poor county! I'm talking about 5000 people in the town....I have had my business a little over 4 years and after 3 yrs I earned a trip to Paris,, TPC and my sales keep going up and up! My sales for last year were $80,000, November I was #40 in the company and I was just notified that I was #29 last month! All this to say none of my team or my upline's team cross over and bother one another....there's always lots of business for everyone...I just think you are afraid of the unknown and just need to jump in there and enjoy yourself!!!:love::love:

millthayer said:
well, I just had to jump in here!!! I live in a very rural town and a very poor county! I'm talking about 5000 people in the town....I have had my business a little over 4 years and after 3 yrs I earned a trip to Paris,, TPC and my sales keep going up and up! My sales for last year were $80,000, November I was #40 in the company and I was just notified that I was #29 last month! All this to say none of my team or my upline's team cross over and bother one another....there's always lots of business for everyone...I just think you are afraid of the unknown and just need to jump in there and enjoy yourself!!!:love::love:

You're right. I am a little. ;) I'm kind of shy too (until I get talking with someone and then I am fine). That's one of the many reasons why I want to do PC, to get out of my comfort zone, meet lots of people and grow. :)

Does it get easier when you just DO IT!

I have a consultant in a small town of 300 with close by towns of a couple thousand. When she signed up she thought her sales would be small b/c of the income level in the area. She was thinking $300 or so shows. I encouraged her to think higher.

Guess what? She has the highest show average of any of my consultant's and I'm based in Kansas City, MO. She averages $750/show. Her first was over $1,000!!! Dream BIG! You can do it!!!

Just think of it this way.....if you were to walk into a stadium, lets say like the King Dome when it's full of people and looked around at that crowd, you should be thinking to yourself "look at all those kitchens out there!!!"

Well I am in Houston, so there is no need to tell you how big the city is and how many pc consultants there are here.... there is a LOT of us here and we still don't run across each other :)

emiscookin said:
Wow! That's awesome! :thumbup: I feel better now! :D

Good.....just go for it...be enthusiastic and share what you love about our products, our recipes and how much fun our shows can be...and definitely follow the 3-2-1 model....treat it like a biz and it will reward you like a biz.

Wishing you much success!

emiscookin - I'm so glad you started this thread. I was just searching for this same information. I come from a small area, and I have had an amazing three months and was thinking of setting goals for the future (like could I possibly dream of being a director)..and wondered how many folks out there had upper level success from small towns. It looks like there are quite a few. Dream big is right.

Nep2nfly said:
emiscookin - I'm so glad you started this thread. I was just searching for this same information. I come from a small area, and I have had an amazing three months and was thinking of setting goals for the future (like could I possibly dream of being a director)..and wondered how many folks out there had upper level success from small towns. It looks like there are quite a few. Dream big is right.

Darn! Where IS that like button?! Oh well, this way I get to give it two thumbs up! :thumbup::thumbup:

REMEMBER everyone of those people has a kitchen

What are some common challenges facing Pampered Chef consultants in a small town?

Some common challenges may include limited potential customers, competition from other direct sales companies, and difficulty finding a suitable location to host parties or events.

How can I overcome the challenge of limited potential customers in a small town?

One strategy is to expand your network by reaching out to friends and family in nearby towns or cities. You can also utilize social media to connect with potential customers outside of your immediate area.

What makes a successful Pampered Chef consultant in a small town?

A successful consultant in a small town is someone who is passionate about the product, has a strong work ethic, and is willing to think outside the box to reach potential customers. Building relationships with customers and utilizing word-of-mouth marketing can also be key to success in a small town.

What are some creative ways to host parties or events in a small town?

Consider partnering with local businesses to host joint events, such as a cooking demo at a kitchen supply store. You can also offer virtual parties or utilize outdoor spaces for cooking demonstrations and tastings.

How can I stand out from other direct sales companies in a small town?

Focus on the unique benefits of Pampered Chef products, such as their high quality and versatility. You can also offer special promotions or host themed parties to differentiate yourself from other companies. Building strong relationships with customers can also help set you apart in a small town.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjill
  • melissalough
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • Melissa Burkett
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies