• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Success Books for Business: What's Helped You?

In summary, several people have recommended books to read for business success. They include The Guerilla Marketing for Home Based Businesses book by Jay Baer, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, and Hanging Up on Your Phone Phobias by Christie Northrup. These books offer different perspectives and advice on how to be successful in business.
nycchef
Just curious...does anyone have a business success book that has been helpful for your business? Anyone have a favorite that they can't do without?

I read the Guerilla Marketing for Home Based Businesses book and I'm reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.

I'm in the process of reading Hanging Up on Your Phone Phobias by Christie Northrup (The Lemonade Lady) and have found it to be extremely informative! I plan on reading more of her books!

Build it Big by the DWSA
and More Build it BigThey are easy to read and are broken down so that you can read a section, then use the ideas with the "homework" that they give you one at a time.

i actually really liked the booster 101 book from the booster
it went over all the key aspects of building and maitaining your business
of course it also focuses on using their products but the knowledge is good even if you dont use their products

kaceyleigh2 said:
I'm in the process of reading Hanging Up on Your Phone Phobias by Christie Northrup (The Lemonade Lady) and have found it to be extremely informative! I plan on reading more of her books!

So THAT is who The Lemonade Lady is... I was wondering!

Sounds like I need to make a trip to the library!

I couldn't find the Lemonade Lady books at my library, and we share with Grand Rapids metro area. I actually just bought a couple from Amazon for about $32.

Zig Ziglar has some great stuff. Several of his have given me great ideas. He's got one about closing the sale that is especially good. The Art of Closing the Sale? I can't remember the title exactly. I generally pick his up at the library and take lots of notes.

Christie Northrop's (lemonade lady) Presentations for Profits was good too. She has a website http://www.storesonline.com/site/677358/page/45029

She also gives very good customer service -- when I returned two of her other books (too simplistic due to my marketing background but excellent for those without it) she promptly called me (I was terrified!) and chatted about my likes an dislikes and thanked me for my feedback. She was really great!

MandyK said:
Christie Northrop's (lemonade lady) Presentations for Profits was good too. She has a website http://www.storesonline.com/site/677358/page/45029

She also gives very good customer service -- when I returned two of her other books (too simplistic due to my marketing background but excellent for those without it) she promptly called me (I was terrified!) and chatted about my likes an dislikes and thanked me for my feedback. She was really great!

I was able to go to a Christie Northrop Seminar when I was about 6 months into my business - it totally changed the way I run my business. After 6 months of cancellations, and low show attendance, and low sales.....I took her advice and started mailing invites myself.....I saw my show avg (For $ and attendance) more than double - and my cancellations became almost non-existant. I really credit the "lemon-aid lady" with giving me the tools I needed to keep me in business for the long-term!

For recruiting though - I recommend Belinda Ellsworth!

I just got the "Build it Big" book...I was glad it came up in this thread...thank you for all your suggestions....I will keep looking for more great thoughts on books...

katie0128 said:
So THAT is who The Lemonade Lady is... I was wondering!

Sounds like I need to make a trip to the library!

She has a website and a free newsletter that you can get in your e-mail. I'm going to a seminar in September that she is speaking at and I can't wait to hear what she has to say!!

Definitely get THE ALADDIN FACTOR by the Chicken Soup guys! It's amazing and helps one get over their fear of "asking." I'm attaching the link to amazon.com here so you can read the reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0425150755/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Okay - I had a GC for B&N, so I just ordered Build It Big! Sure hope it is as good as so many of you have said!

I love Eat That Frog!

Related to Success Books for Business: What's Helped You?

1. What types of books are included in "Success Books for Business: What's Helped You?"

The selection of books in this collection varies, but they all focus on personal and professional development, leadership, productivity, and success in the business world.

2. Are these books specifically targeted towards a certain industry or type of business?

No, these books can be beneficial for anyone in any industry looking to improve their skills and reach their full potential in the business world.

3. How were the books chosen for this collection?

The books were carefully selected by a team of experts at Pampered Chef, who have personally read and recommended each one based on their own experiences and successes in the business world.

4. Are these books suitable for beginners or more experienced professionals?

These books can be beneficial for individuals at any stage of their career, whether they are just starting out or have been in the business world for years. Each book offers valuable insights and strategies that can be applied to any level of experience.

5. Can these books be used for personal development outside of the business world?

While these books were chosen with a focus on success in business, the lessons and principles can also be applied to personal development in other areas of life. Many of the strategies and techniques can be beneficial for anyone looking to improve their overall success and well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered2007
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBevShu
  • PCCHeather0506