• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reading for Business: My Top 2 Picks

In summary, The Power of Focus: Is it about Positive Thinking? is a great reminder to be positive and focus on your goals. Eat That Frog is another good book if you are a procrastinator.
Kristina21
I was curious as to what others read for their business. I personally have two favorites that have helped in my business.

188516766001LZZZZZZZ.jpg
194.jpg

cool.........Very Interesting. Do you mind sharing a bit of info on them? Maybe I need to get them!!!! :)

he he I knew I meant to do something more! (thats what I get for posting and talking on the phone!) Well the black book of connections is written for sales people, more importantly for people who HAVE to connect and network for business & sales. (i.e. US!) I love it because the steps are simple, EASY and with all of his books you can use the tips immediately. AND THEY WORK! The power of focus was suggested by my director who has read it a million times. It's about focusing on your goals and making them happen. How many of us set a goal but not the steps to get there? I learned not to focus on stuff I'm just not good at. Why was I trying to be something I'm not? This book is by far the best I have read in a long time!

I better check 'em out!The Power of Focus: Is it about Postive Thinking?

At a Directorship Training Meeting - we watched 'The Secret' movie and it was all about positive thinking and how it will affect EVERYTHING around you. It was SUCH a good reminder to be positive positive positive! :)

stefani2 said:
The Power of Focus: Is it about Postive Thinking?

At a Directorship Training Meeting - we watched 'The Secret' movie and it was all about positive thinking and how it will affect EVERYTHING around you. It was SUCH a good reminder to be positive positive positive! :)

I'm not sure if it's the same as what you are thinking...but I can't IMAGINE being negative when I'm focusing on my business that's reaching it's goals! lol

There's a thread on here somewhere about positive thinking and that attitude is everything, I really liked what they said. But... I can't find it now though. :(

Eat That Frog is another good one if you are a procrastinator like me:balloon:

Really? I gotta read that! I am the world's biggest procrastinator because, well I'll have to explain later...lol

I still haven't finished the book, but what I have read is great!:D

Procrastinators 'R Us! LOL

Les Hewitt, one of the authors of The Power of Focus, was the guest speaker at the Director event at Conference last year. A lot of Directors had great things to say about his presentation and message.

pamperedtara said:
Eat That Frog is another good one if you are a procrastinator like me:balloon:
I was just going to add this one when I saw this thread. It is a great book - was recommended to me by Susie Lite from home office.

The most obvious one would the The Pampered Chef book. If you haven't read it, you should. I didn't know there was a book but after going to conference last year, I told my director I would just love to get into the brain of Doris and see what makes her tick, what made her do all this that has inspired tons of us! Can you imagine going from a simple house wife to Doris?? How crazy is that, she probably never imagined in a million years that she would evolved into the person she is today. That's when my director told me to get the book. It has a great amazing story in it. And to think, she almost didn't go to that first kitchen show! Great lessons for all of us!

I love The Secret, also Lyn Conway's Makeup Optional (very good & easy read). I haven't made it all the way through Focus yet..
Have you all read The Alladin Factor? The Success Factory keeps reccomending it; I think I'm going to buy it...

wadesgirl said:
The most obvious one would the The Pampered Chef book. If you haven't read it, you should. I didn't know there was a book but after going to conference last year, I told my director I would just love to get into the brain of Doris and see what makes her tick, what made her do all this that has inspired tons of us! Can you imagine going from a simple house wife to Doris?? How crazy is that, she probably never imagined in a million years that she would evolved into the person she is today. That's when my director told me to get the book. It has a great amazing story in it. And to think, she almost didn't go to that first kitchen show! Great lessons for all of us!
This is a MUST READ! It is awesome.

I recently finished "Thinking for a Change" and would recommend it

Right now I am reading a book by Martha Stewart. I have to preface this by saying I never really liked her, but have since been watching her TV show and love her! So I saw this book while shopping at the army base in the reduced section, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the book.

ITs called THE MARTHA RULES and I am only on Chapter 3 but its been great!

I have heard that The Lemonade Lady is good, but that is all that I remember (I don't remember title/writer). My director used to put several of her tips in our monthly newsletters and they were great tips.

mpkegley said:
I have heard that The Lemonade Lady is good, but that is all that I remember (I don't remember title/writer). My director used to put several of her tips in our monthly newsletters and they were great tips.
Her name is Christie Northrup and she is great! I read "hanging up on your phone phobias" which was good and am now reading "presentations for profits" which is good as well. I also got the CD "connecting your calendar to your checkbook" and there were some good tips there too.

The Energy Bus, by Jon Gordon, is an excellent book!

The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy | by Jon Gordon

About the Book:

“It’s Monday morning and George walks out the front door to his car and a flat tire. But this is the least of his problems. His home life is in shambles and his team at work is in disarray. With a big new product launch coming up in 2 weeks for the NRG-2000 he has to find a way to get it together or risk losing his marriage and job. Forced to take the bus to work, George meets a unique kind of bus driver and an interesting set of characters (passengers) that over the course of 2 weeks share the 10 rules for the ride of his life… and attempt to help him turn around his work and team and save his job and marriage from an almost inevitable destruction.”

In the mode of other best selling business fables The Energy Bus, by Jon Gordon, takes readers on an enlightening and inspiring ride that reveals 10 secrets for approaching life and work with the kind of positive, forward thinking that leads to true accomplishment - at work and at home. Everyone faces challenges. And every person, organization, company and team will have to overcome negativity and adversity to define themselves and create their success. No one goes through life untested and the answer to these tests is positive energy—the kind of positive energy consisting of vision, trust, optimism, enthusiasm, purpose, and spirit that defines great leaders and their teams. Drawing upon his experience and work with thousands of leaders, sales professionals, teams, non-profit organizations, schools, and athletes, Gordon infuses this engaging story with keen insights, actionable strategies and a big dose of positive infectious energy. For managers and team leaders or anyone looking to turn negative energy into positive achievement The Energy Bus provides a powerful roadmap to overcome common life and work obstacles and bring out the best in yourself and your team. When you get on The Energy Bus you’ll enjoy the ride of your life!

Who Moved My Cheese :)Any of the "One Minute" Books...Come to the Basement by Jay Christopher...

lacychef said:
Have you all read The Alladin Factor? The Success Factory keeps reccomending it; I think I'm going to buy it...

I'm reading this one right now and it is awesome! It very easy to read, just like Chicken Soup for the Soul books.

I had a very difficult time finding it at any of my local bookstores. I finally had one of the hold it for me so I could pick it up.

Thinking for a Change by John Maxwell is fabulous. Actually, anything by John Maxwell is great.Jeffery Gittomer's Little Red Book of Selling is also a must-read.

raebates said:
Thinking for a Change by John Maxwell is fabulous. Actually, anything by John Maxwell is great.

Jeffery Gittomer's Little Red Book of Selling is also a must-read.

I LOVE anything from Jeffery Gitomer! The Sales answers book is really good too!

Can't read "Who moved my cheese." Bad memories from my past life! I'll look into some of the others though!

I do like Presentations for Profit. I also liked Build it Big.

Related to Reading for Business: My Top 2 Picks

What are your top 2 book recommendations for business reading?

My top 2 picks for business reading are "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey and "Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead" by Sheryl Sandberg.

How can these books help improve my business skills?

"The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" focuses on developing personal effectiveness and leadership skills, while "Lean In" discusses issues and challenges faced by women in the workplace and offers practical advice for career advancement.

Are these books only relevant for certain industries or business sizes?

No, these books are relevant for individuals in any industry and in businesses of any size. The principles and strategies discussed can be applied to various situations and contexts.

Can these books benefit both new and experienced professionals?

Yes, these books offer valuable insights and strategies for both new and experienced professionals. They provide a foundation for personal and professional growth, as well as tips for navigating common challenges in the workplace.

Where can I purchase these books?

These books can be purchased at most major bookstores or online retailers. You can also find them on the Pampered Chef website under the "Reading for Business" section.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nycchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • WLMcCoy