• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitution for Cool & Crunchy Tacos

In summary, the person will be making the salad form of the C&CTs this weekend and has read about using chipotle rub instead of cayenne. They have a show tomorrow and realized they are out of chipotle. They are wondering if Moroccan rub will work as a substitute. Another person suggests using Southwest Seasoning instead or just using cayenne or cumin. The consultant believes that the Moroccan rub can work as a substitute, but it will have a different flavor. They advise adjusting the amount to taste.
Liquid Sky
I will be making the salad form of the C&CTs this weekend. I have read others substituting the chipotle rub for the cayenne. Of course, i have a show tomorrow with this demo and realized I am out of the chipotle. Do you think the Moroccan rub will work ok??

Liquid Sky said:
I will be making the salad form of the C&CTs this weekend. I have read others substituting the chipotle rub for the cayenne. Of course, i have a show tomorrow with this demo and realized I am out of the chipotle. Do you think the Moroccan rub will work ok??

If I didn't have chipotle, I'd use Southwest Seasoning. If I didn't have either of those, I'd just use the cayenne, or leave it out all together. I don't think I'd use Moroccan in it's place - not the same flavor at all.

ChefBeckyD said:
If I didn't have chipotle, I'd use Southwest Seasoning. If I didn't have either of those, I'd just use the cayenne, or leave it out all together. I don't think I'd use Moroccan in it's place - not the same flavor at all.

PERFECT! I didn't even think of the Southwestern Seasoning...even tho I did actually throw it into my bag....for some reason. Now I know why :)

FWIW I don't add the cayenne or anything in its place. I just do the cumin.

Hi there! It's always great to see fellow consultants trying out new recipes and making adjustments to suit their needs. In my experience, the Moroccan rub can definitely work as a substitute for the chipotle rub in the C&CTs salad. It will add a different flavor profile, but I'm sure it will still be delicious. Just make sure to adjust the amount used to your taste preference. Good luck with your show tomorrow!

1. Can I use a different type of taco shell for the Cool & Crunchy Tacos recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of taco shell you prefer for this recipe. Keep in mind that the texture and flavor may vary slightly, but it will still be delicious.

2. Can I substitute the ground beef with a different type of protein?

Absolutely! You can use ground turkey, chicken, or even tofu as a substitute for ground beef in this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. I don't have any salsa on hand, what can I use as a substitute?

You can use diced tomatoes or a can of Rotel as a substitute for salsa in this recipe. You can also add some extra seasoning, such as chili powder or cumin, to give it more flavor.

4. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese you prefer for this recipe. Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend of Mexican cheeses would all work well.

5. I have a gluten intolerance, can I make this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. You can also use a gluten-free taco seasoning mix and double check that all of your other ingredients are gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• augmommychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferm
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies