• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substituting Fajita Seasoning: Tips and Tricks for the Perfect DCB Fajitas

In summary, the conversation is discussing preparations for a show, specifically making DCB fajitas. The original poster realizes they don't have SW seasoning and asks for substitutes. Some suggestions are made, but ultimately they decide to buy fajita seasoning from the store. They also mention dealing with recovering from surgery and car troubles. Other members offer support and prayers for the show.
pampchefrhondab
Hey Everyone,

I'm making the DCB fajitas tomorrow for a show; however, I just realized I don't have any SW seasoning left:rolleyes:! I've looked as some other recipes. One said to substitute chilli powder for the seasoning another recipe just called for fajita seasoning. Has anyone ever substituted for this recipe?

Rhonda - can you call someone in your cluster and see if you could borrow it? I have never sub anything for it.

I just made the fajitas with a taco seasoning that I mixed up. I bet if you go to allrecipes.com you could find a fajita seasoning mix.

Actually I just picked up a fajita seasoning from the store by McCormicks. I will just use it. I don't have anyone from my cluster close enough to get some SW seasong by tomorrow.

I'm just so out of it for this show tomorrow! I'm still recovering from my gall bladder surgery 2 weeks ago. Besides that we have had major car issues!!! First off my car broke down while my husband was taking me to the hospital to have my drain tube removed after my surgery. We got it home and it has been sitting in the drive way. My DD has been driving me to my part-time job this week - not fun as an adult. Now our van was having problems starting. My husband replaced the starter. I went to drive it to the store to get the food for tomorrow and it just died on me in the middle of the road!!! Luckily some friends of ours saw us and helped us push it back home! Come to find out he didn't have a connection tight and it fried the battery! Now we have to get a new one! My Dad is letting us borrow his car now that we are down to just my daughters truck and she has to work tomorrow!

I'm so stressed out I just want to go to bed and sleep! I have got to change this mood before my show tomorrow!! She says she has 10 coming - I hope it's true! I hate weekend shows because most people don't show up in my past experience.

Thank you everyone for your help:)! Please say your prayers for me if you get a chance.

pampchefrhondab said:
Actually I just picked up a fajita seasoning from the store by McCormicks. I will just use it. I don't have anyone from my cluster close enough to get some SW seasong by tomorrow.

I'm just so out of it for this show tomorrow! I'm still recovering from my gall bladder surgery 2 weeks ago. Besides that we have had major car issues!!! First off my car broke down while my husband was taking me to the hospital to have my drain tube removed after my surgery. We got it home and it has been sitting in the drive way. My DD has been driving me to my part-time job this week - not fun as an adult. Now our van was having problems starting. My husband replaced the starter. I went to drive it to the store to get the food for tomorrow and it just died on me in the middle of the road!!! Luckily some friends of ours saw us and helped us push it back home! Come to find out he didn't have a connection tight and it fried the battery! Now we have to get a new one! My Dad is letting us borrow his car now that we are down to just my daughters truck and she has to work tomorrow!

I'm so stressed out I just want to go to bed and sleep! I have got to change this mood before my show tomorrow!! She says she has 10 coming - I hope it's true! I hate weekend shows because most people don't show up in my past experience.

Thank you everyone for your help:)! Please say your prayers for me if you get a chance.

Rhonda, I will pray that you get a wonderful healing and restorative sleep tonight!

You will rock at your show, and your cars will be fixed soon! I am sending blessing prayers your way! :) Take it easy and enjoy the show!

Oh Kacey I know I can always count on you for support. Thank you so much:)!

I've got everything ready for the show. My husband gets to go w/me tomorrow since I can't carry anything over 20 lbs. He'll stay in the car during the show. He was hoping to drive the van since it has a t.v. in it - he was going to watch football. Now he's not sure what he will do! I'm just checking one last time for new posts and my emails - hoping for some outside orders for tomorrows show - then I'll be going to bed.

Thanks again - you always lift my spirits. God bless you!

You could use Chipotle seasoning if you have it. Hope you feel better soon.

StacieB said:
You could use Chipotle seasoning if you have it. Hope you feel better soon.

I did this at my show last night, and it was a hit! They loved the extra BAM as they all said as I added it.

I was also going to suggest the Chipotle Rub. I actually pass both around the room (SW and Chipotle) and let the guests choose which one they'd like. The one with the most votes wins. :)

Great - I'll take the Chipotle w/me and ask them.

What is the difference between a fajita pan and a regular skillet?

A fajita pan is specifically designed for cooking fajitas, with a long handle and a shallow, curved shape to evenly cook the meat and vegetables. Regular skillets have a flat bottom and higher sides, which is better for cooking other dishes like sauces or stir-fries.

Can I use a fajita pan on an induction cooktop?

Yes, most fajita pans are made with materials that are compatible with induction cooktops. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions to be sure.

Do I need to season my fajita pan before using it?

It is recommended to season a fajita pan before the first use to help prevent sticking and improve the flavor of the food. This can be done by coating the pan with oil, heating it, and then wiping off any excess oil before cooking.

Can I use a fajita pan in the oven?

Yes, as long as the handles are oven-safe, you can use a fajita pan in the oven. Be sure to check the manufacturer's instructions for the maximum temperature the pan can withstand.

How do I clean my fajita pan?

Most fajita pans are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions. If hand washing, use a non-abrasive sponge and mild soap for best results. Avoid using metal utensils on the pan to prevent scratching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • PamperedSD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • ericadboone