• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fajitas but No Southwestern Seasoning

In summary, if you don't have Southwestern seasoning for your fajitas, you can use a homemade blend or substitutes like taco seasoning or Cajun seasoning. Regular chili powder can also be used, but it may alter the taste slightly. Italian seasoning is not recommended as it may not pair well with fajita ingredients. While you can omit the seasoning, it is recommended to use at least a basic blend of spices for flavor. For a low-sodium option, you can purchase or make your own Southwestern seasoning with low-sodium ingredients.
winklermom
I've got a show but just realize that I've run out of Southwestern seasoning and I plan to do the Fast Fajitas. Can you use the chili lime rub as a substitute? Also, can you make a dip with the chili lime rub?

i had to use the fajita seasoning from the store for one of my fast fajita shows - the guests actually appreciated that they didn't have to have our rubs to make it work, since i was using an $85 stone to cook them - but several did still order the southwest rub at that show

You can use the Chili Lime or the Chipotle Rub. One nice thing about our rubs compared to those seasoning packets is that there's no MSG. But if that's all that's available, run with it like sushimommy shared. ;)

I use 2 tsp Cumin and 1 tsp Chili Powder. I don't like the SW seasoning mix.

Love both the Chili Lime and the chipotle. Yes you can make a dip with them too.

1. What can I use instead of Southwestern seasoning for fajitas?

There are a few alternatives you can use if you don't have Southwestern seasoning on hand. You can make your own blend using a combination of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. You can also use taco seasoning or Cajun seasoning as a substitute.

2. Can I use regular chili powder for fajitas?

Yes, you can use regular chili powder for fajitas if you don't have Southwestern seasoning. Just be aware that regular chili powder may not have the same flavor profile as Southwestern seasoning, so your fajitas may taste slightly different.

3. Can I use Italian seasoning for fajitas?

We do not recommend using Italian seasoning for fajitas as it has a completely different flavor profile and may not pair well with the other ingredients in your fajitas. Stick to Mexican or Tex-Mex inspired seasonings for the best results.

4. Can I omit the seasoning altogether for fajitas?

While you can certainly omit the seasoning, your fajitas may lack flavor and may not have the same taste as traditional fajitas. We recommend using at least a basic blend of spices like chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder to enhance the flavor of your fajitas.

5. Is there a low-sodium option for Southwestern seasoning?

Yes, there are many low-sodium options for Southwestern seasoning available on the market. You can also make your own by using low-sodium versions of the individual spices or by adjusting the amounts of salt used in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • KBender295
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KBender295
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies