• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Southwestern Seasoning Vs. Chipotle Rub?

In summary, the main difference between Southwestern Seasoning and Chipotle Rub is the ingredients used, with Southwestern Seasoning containing a blend of chili powder, cumin, garlic, and other spices, while Chipotle Rub is primarily made up of smoked chipotle peppers. While both can be used in Southwestern and Mexican cuisine, they are not exact substitutes for each other. Chipotle Rub tends to be spicier and is a popular choice for grilling, while Southwestern Seasoning has a more versatile flavor profile. It's important to check ingredient labels for dietary restrictions when using either seasoning.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Has anyone substituted the new Chipotle Rub in a recipe that originally called for Southwestern Seasoning?

I have a 15 minute fajita show coming up, and was wondering if I could do that. I haven't used the Rub yet at all....

Becky, your the one we usually ask for recipe tips! I haven't used the Chipotle Rub. I love the Southwestern. I've been making a lot of fast food at my house lately. The kind I can pull out of the freezer that's already put together.

I haven't replaced it but I made dip out of it on Saturday - pretty good...I think it would be a fun try! Maybe you could do some of each type.

Chipotle is a bit more spicy so if you do substitute, use less.

I love Chipotle's smokier taste and not so salty taste as SW. I used the Chipotle in the Chicken Tortilla Casserole along with Asian (I was out of SW) and it turned out even better than before!!!

What is the difference between Southwestern Seasoning and Chipotle Rub?

The main difference between Southwestern Seasoning and Chipotle Rub is the ingredients used. Southwestern Seasoning typically includes a blend of chili powder, cumin, garlic, and other spices, while Chipotle Rub is primarily made up of smoked chipotle peppers, along with spices and herbs.

Which seasoning is spicier, Southwestern Seasoning or Chipotle Rub?

This largely depends on personal preference and the specific brand of seasoning used. However, generally speaking, Chipotle Rub tends to be spicier due to the use of chipotle peppers, which are known for their smoky and spicy flavor.

Can Southwestern Seasoning and Chipotle Rub be used interchangeably?

While both seasonings are commonly used in Southwestern and Mexican cuisine, they are not exact substitutes for each other. Southwestern Seasoning has a more well-rounded and versatile flavor profile, while Chipotle Rub has a distinct smoky and spicy taste. It is best to use each seasoning according to the specific recipe or dish being prepared.

Which seasoning is better for grilling, Southwestern Seasoning or Chipotle Rub?

Both Southwestern Seasoning and Chipotle Rub are great options for grilling, as they add flavor and depth to meats and vegetables. However, Chipotle Rub's smoky flavor pairs particularly well with grilled meats, making it a popular choice for BBQs and outdoor cooking.

Are there any dietary restrictions for Southwestern Seasoning and Chipotle Rub?

It is important to always check the ingredient labels of both seasonings, as they may contain allergens or ingredients that do not align with certain dietary restrictions. Some brands may use additives or preservatives in their seasonings, so it is best to choose a brand that caters to your specific dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • mmilus
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • KBender295