• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Seasoning Substitutions for Chicken Tortilla Casserole Recipe

In summary, the best seasonings for chicken include garlic, rosemary, thyme, and paprika, but can vary depending on personal preference and dish. Dried herbs can be used in place of fresh, but less is needed due to their concentration. Seasonings are best added at the beginning or end of cooking, and can be adjusted to taste. Marinating involves soaking meat or vegetables in a mixture of seasonings and liquids, while seasoning simply enhances flavor. Homemade seasoning blends can be made by combining herbs and spices in a jar.
dsmegnky
I had a show on Saturday and we made the Chicken Tortilla Casserole, which is a wonderful recipe.
The host just called me and asked if the Chipotle rub could be used in the recipe instead of the Southwestern Seasoning and since I don't know I thought I would write and ask all of you.
Is there certain recipes that you have used with other seasoning that you could send me?
Please let me know.

Thanks so much,

I say tell her to try it! A lot of them taste great in many of the same dishes.

Sounds like it would work to me. I change out seasonings when I cook at home frequently.

Do you think a rub works a lot differently than a seasoning would?

How do you think the measurements would workout?

Thanks

Someone posted a few days ago that they made the Jerk Chicken Nachos with the chipotle rub and it was great.

I think the Chipotle has a little more bite than the SW.

Related to Exploring Seasoning Substitutions for Chicken Tortilla Casserole Recipe

1. What are the best seasonings for chicken?

Some popular seasonings for chicken include garlic, rosemary, thyme, and paprika. However, it ultimately depends on personal preference and the type of dish you are making.

2. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh for seasoning?

Yes, you can use dried herbs in place of fresh ones. Just keep in mind that dried herbs are more concentrated, so you will need to use less than what the recipe calls for.

3. How do I know when to add seasoning while cooking?

It is best to add seasonings at the beginning of cooking for a more intense flavor, and towards the end for a more subtle taste. However, it is always a good idea to taste your dish and adjust the seasoning as needed before serving.

4. What is the difference between seasoning and marinating?

Seasoning involves adding herbs, spices, and other flavorings to enhance the taste of a dish. Marinating, on the other hand, involves soaking meat or vegetables in a mixture of seasonings and liquids for a period of time to tenderize and add flavor.

5. How can I make my own seasoning blends?

You can make your own seasoning blends by combining your favorite herbs and spices in a jar and shaking them together. Some popular homemade blends include Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and taco seasoning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanessa ford
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
c00p
Replies