• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help - Chicken Tortilla Casserole!"

In summary, Vanessa from Portsmouth, England is interested in learning more about the chicken tortilla casserole and fajita show mentioned in the DCB. The chicken tortilla casserole recipe can be found in the current SB and is highly recommended. Variations and substitutions, such as using lean ground beef or chicken breasts and adding corn, have been shared by other users. The recipe is a great way to use up leftover tortilla chips and can be customized with added cheese.
vanessa ford
Hello

Little old me (Vanessa) from Portsmouth England here! I keep reading about the chicken tortilla casserole in the DCB and the fajita show - please do pass on your wisdom and recipes for these - they sound fab x

Thank you:chef:

The chicken tortilla casserole is in the currect SB. And it is truly wonderful.

If you do a search on it, you'll see the posts where we've contibuted our changes/additions to the ckn. tor. cass. I personally LOVE it and do it at my shows often, as well as have it here at home. If you can't find the posts, pm me and I'll email you my revisions to the recipes.

Here's the recipe. You can get them off CC.

The Pampered Chef ®
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Recipe

1 poblano pepper
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups thick and chunky salsa
4 cups broken tortilla chips
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)

Remove stem and seeds from poblano pepper using Utility Knife; slice into thin strips. Arrange poblano strips evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker. Thinly slice chicken using Utility Knife. Combine chicken, seasoning mix and salt in Classic Batter Bowl. Arrange chicken over poblano strips. Cover baker with 15-in. square of Parchment Paper, tucking corners of paper under baker. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes; stir using Mix ‘N Scraper® to separate chicken strips. Cover; microwave an additional 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Drain and rinse black beans using small Colander. Stir beans and salsa into chicken mixture. Gently stir in tortilla chips with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Grate cheese over baker using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears; sprinkle over casserole.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 31 g, Sodium 1120 mg, Fiber 6 g

Cook's Tip: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted for the chicken thighs, if desired.

Poblano peppers are dark green chiles with a rich flavor that varies from mild to slightly spicy. Poblanos are about 2 1/2 in. wide and 4-5 in. long, forming a triangular shape.

If desired, 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges, can be substituted for the poblano pepper.

Taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix, if desired. Omit salt.

Shopping List
1 poblano pepper
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 1/2 cups thick and chunky salsa
4 cups broken tortilla chips
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
1 small bunch fresh cilantro (optional)

Cook's Tips: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted for the chicken thighs, if desired.

Poblano peppers are dark green chiles with a rich flavor that varies from mild to slightly spicy. Poblanos are about 2 1/2 in. wide and 4-5 in. long, forming a triangular shape.

If desired, 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges, can be substituted for the poblano pepper.

Taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix, if desired. Omit salt.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,

Yes, there was quite a discussion about these a while back - we have used 1.5 lbs of very lean ground beef or of chicken breasts instead of the thighs. Also, we have added a drained can of whole kernel corn when we added the black beans. This recipe is a great use for that piece of a bag of broken up Tostitos that no one really wants to finish up. And you can always add a bit more cheese than the recipe calls for. :thumbup:​

Related to Help - Chicken Tortilla Casserole!"

1. How do I make the chicken tortilla casserole?

To make the chicken tortilla casserole, you will need cooked chicken, tortillas, cheese, salsa, and any other desired toppings. Layer the ingredients in a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

2. Can I use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. Simply shred or chop the chicken into small pieces before layering it in the casserole.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 6-8 servings depending on the size of the casserole dish used.

4. Can I make this casserole ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the casserole is cold from the fridge.

5. Can I make this casserole in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make this casserole in a slow cooker. Layer the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. You may also need to add a little extra liquid, such as chicken broth or water, to prevent the casserole from drying out in the slow cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheChaoticCook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies