• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Fajita Bites...allergy to Seasoning?

In summary, the chicken fajita bites may be causing my headaches. The ingredients list does not specify which spice is causing the reaction, but other spices in the recipe may also be causing the headache.
Lilamyw3
Gold Member
Ok, I love the chicken fajita bites. They taste wonderful, look beautiful on display and are always a big hit. I've eaten them 3 times (2 times of which I made them) and I end the night with a raging headache! It's not a normal headache from stress or lack of sleep, but not really a migraine either. I lay in bed of hours trying to fall asleep, then making up the next morning feeling exhausted.

The only thing I can equate the headache to is the chili lime seasoning. The other ingredients I've eaten my entire life with no issues, but the CFB was my first experience with the chili lime seasoning. My SIL is allergic to certain foods and dyes, and when I described how I felt after eating it, she said it sounds identical to what she gets from eating red onions.

Anyone else have a similar issues with any PC rubs or seasonings? Any suggestions on what may be triggering the headaches?

I get those with MSG, corn products and a few other food allergies. I would say your SIL is right on. Check the ingredients against other spices you use (and have no problems). You can at least par down what the culprit may be for you.

darlinclem said:
I get those with MSG, corn products and a few other food allergies. I would say your SIL is right on. Check the ingredients against other spices you use (and have no problems). You can at least par down what the culprit may be for you.

I was hoping the ingredient list might help, but it's pretty generic.. From the Product Information page on CC:

"Spices, Sea Salt, Paprika, Dehydrated Onion, Crushed Aleppo Peppers, Citric Acid, Less than 2% of Dehydrated Garlic, Lime Juice Powder (Corn Syrup Solids, Lime Juice Solids, Natural Flavors), Jalapeno Pepper Powder, Natural Lime Flavors, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking). "

Maybe try it by its self and see if you get a headache. Might not taste great to eat a spoonful of it but it might help you figure out if you are or aren't

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience with the chicken fajita bites. I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing headaches after eating them. I have not personally heard of anyone having a similar reaction to any of our rubs or seasonings, but everyone's body can react differently to certain ingredients. I would recommend consulting with a doctor or allergist to determine the cause of your headaches. They may be able to pinpoint if it is a specific ingredient in the chili lime seasoning that is triggering your reaction. In the meantime, I would suggest trying a different seasoning or omitting the chili lime seasoning altogether to see if that helps alleviate your symptoms. I hope you are able to find a solution and continue to enjoy our delicious products without any discomfort. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Take care!

1. Can I use a different seasoning for the Chicken Fajita Bites if I have an allergy?

Yes, you can definitely use a different seasoning for the Chicken Fajita Bites if you have an allergy. We recommend using a seasoning that is safe for your specific allergy, such as a homemade spice blend or a store-bought seasoning labeled as allergen-free.

2. What ingredients in the seasoning should I be cautious of if I have an allergy?

The specific ingredients to be cautious of will depend on your specific allergy. It is best to carefully read the ingredient list on the seasoning and consult with your doctor if you have any concerns.

3. Are the Chicken Fajita Bites made in a facility that also processes allergens?

Our products are made in a facility that also processes allergens, so there is a chance of cross-contamination. We recommend checking the ingredient list and consulting with your doctor if you have severe allergies.

4. Can I omit the seasoning altogether if I have an allergy?

Yes, you can omit the seasoning altogether if you have an allergy. The Chicken Fajita Bites will still be delicious without the seasoning, or you can use a substitute seasoning that is safe for your allergy.

5. Are there any other allergens in the Chicken Fajita Bites?

The Chicken Fajita Bites contain wheat, milk, and soy. If you have an allergy to any of these ingredients, it is best to avoid the product or consult with your doctor before consuming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • KBender295
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KBender295
  • wadesgirl