• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Garden Ranch Pizza Substitutions??

In summary, the conversation revolved around making a healthy and green pizza for a St. Patrick's Day party. Suggestions were given to substitute carrots and olives with green vegetables like broccoli, sugar snap peas, green onions, green bell peppers, zucchini, and blanched asparagus. Spinach was also recommended as a topping. It was agreed that green bell peppers and zucchini would be good substitutes, while opinions were divided on using green olives and cucumbers. Spinach was mentioned to be a great option, as long as it is not the frozen kind. In general, green vegetables were deemed fitting for the occasion and would add a festive touch to the pizza.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I'm having a party Saturday on St. Patricks Day and I was hoping to make the Garden Ranch Pizza for it...the hostess wants something healthy, and I'd like something I can have be some what green! So I was wondering...if I could substitute the carrots and olives for other green veggies?? What are your suggestions? Have you made this before? Do you think that would be ok?

Broccoli would probably be good. And pea pods (sugar snap peas).

Green onions, green bell peppers, green olives (not sure on that one), zucchini (small ones), blanched asparagus...just some ideas.

I loveBell peppers, spinach, cucumbers, and peas.

I have never tried this before but I do love these veggies so let us know what you end up using and how it turned out.

Debbie :D

I don't think I'd do cucumber on a cooked pizza - try broccoli, and spinach (we love spinach on pizza at our house - I add it to Tomato Basil Squares all the time!) Green Pepper, Green olives, zucchini (It already has that though doesn't it?)
Have fun with it!

It has the broccoli on it, but you could certainly substitute green pepper for the red. And green olives for the black.

Definitely green pepper instead of red. Not so sure about the olives or cucumbers. Never tried spinach on a pizza before. Sugar snaps (peas) or zucchini would probally work best.

Green peppers sliced into rings look just like clovers - perfect for St. Patty's Day! Spinach is fantastic on baked pizza, just make sure you use salad spinach and not the frozen kind, otherwise it will be too wet. Green olives IMO have too strong a flavor to mix well with veggies. Substitute a zucchini for the carrot and it will be great!

What are the most popular substitutions for the Garden Ranch Pizza?

Some popular substitutions for the Garden Ranch Pizza include using a gluten-free crust for those with dietary restrictions, replacing the ranch dressing with a vegan or dairy-free option, using different vegetables such as bell peppers or mushrooms, and adding protein like chicken, tofu, or tempeh.

Can I make this pizza vegetarian or vegan?

Yes, this pizza can easily be made vegetarian or vegan by omitting any meat toppings and using a vegan crust and dairy-free ranch dressing. You can also add extra vegetables for added flavor and nutrition.

What is a good substitute for ranch dressing?

If you don't have ranch dressing on hand, you can use a combination of mayonnaise, sour cream, and herbs like dill and parsley to make a homemade ranch dressing. You can also use a vinaigrette or Caesar dressing as a substitute for a different flavor profile.

Can I use a different type of cheese for this pizza?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese that you prefer on this pizza. Some popular options include mozzarella, cheddar, feta, or a blend of different cheeses. You can also use a dairy-free cheese for a vegan option.

How can I make this pizza healthier?

To make this pizza healthier, you can use a whole wheat or cauliflower crust, load up on veggies for toppings, use a reduced-fat or homemade ranch dressing, and opt for a lean protein like grilled chicken instead of fatty meats like pepperoni or sausage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
peichef
Replies
Views
Staci
  • dancedivine
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkitten13