• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substituting a Wedge of Brie for a 'Round': Tips & Advice

In summary, the best way to substitute a wedge of brie for a round is to make sure the wedge is of comparable size to the round. You can use any type of brie as long as it is a similar size, and you can experiment with different flavors. There is no need to adjust the cooking time, but keep an eye on the brie to ensure it is fully melted. You can substitute a wedge of brie in any recipe, but may need to adjust the amount. Tips for using a wedge of brie as a substitute include letting it come to room temperature and cutting it into smaller pieces for more even melting.
trisigma730
I wanted to try one of the baked brie recipes and I could not find a 'round' of brie. The recipe said an 8oz wedge could be substituted. Has anyone tried this? How did you slice it? Did it run? Any information/suggestions you have would be great!

The wedge will run a little bit more than the round does, just because it's "open" on the sides with no rind to hold it together. But it works fine and is still yummy!

A host of mine a few months back bought the wedge instead of the round brie because it was all she could find. It worked the very same, just a pie shape instead of round and it did not run. I dont remember how we sliced it - its so good it was sliced and eaten up in no time! Probably started at the point, cut off a little piece and worked up from there! I dont think that really matters! Good Luck - it will be fine!

ets - Ann says hers ran a little - even if it does, dont worry about it! Thats the ooey-gooey part!

It's cheese, not rocket science! :DI use that line all the time at my shows, replacing "cheese" with "pasta" or "dinner" or whatever we happen to be making. :)

MMMM........ I love the Tangy Pecan Brie recipe!

I think anything other than "cheddar" makes people think it's complicated! HA!

What is the best way to substitute a wedge of brie for a round?

The best way to substitute a wedge of brie for a round is to make sure the wedge is of comparable size to the round. This will ensure that the brie will melt evenly and provide the same amount of coverage on the dish.

Can I use any type of brie as a substitute?

Yes, you can use any type of brie as a substitute as long as it is a similar size to the round. You can also experiment with different flavors of brie, such as herbed or smoked, to add a unique twist to your dish.

Do I need to adjust the cooking time when substituting a wedge of brie for a round?

In most cases, you do not need to adjust the cooking time. However, keep an eye on the brie and make sure it is fully melted before removing it from the oven.

Can I substitute a wedge of brie for a round in any recipe?

Yes, you can substitute a wedge of brie for a round in any recipe that calls for melted brie. Just make sure to adjust the amount of brie if necessary, as the wedge may be smaller than the round.

What are some tips for using a wedge of brie as a substitute?

One tip is to make sure the brie is at room temperature before using it as a substitute. This will help it melt evenly and prevent any clumping. Additionally, you can try cutting the wedge into smaller pieces to ensure it melts more evenly on the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tamzin1020
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies