• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baked Brie With Apples and Cranberries

I just made it at a show yesterday - only my host liked it- I did not even like it.The other great recipe that I get rave reviews/request for is the Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomato Tapenade for the spring 07 Season's Best. I just leave it on my website because I'm constantly getting requests.I just made it at a show yesterday - only my host liked it- I did not even like it.
lockhartkitchen
Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries Our Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite. Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 12-15 minutes 1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium) 1/4 cup sliced natural almonds 1/4 cup dried cranberries 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon 1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter) Canapé French Bread , toasted Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple with Food Chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on Small Bar Pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers. Yield: 8 servings Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber less than 1 g Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (1/2 carb) Variation: Baked Brie with Pesto & Mushrooms: Using Food Chopper, chop 4 ounces mushrooms (1 cup) and 1/2 cup seasoned croutons. In Small (8-in.) Sauté Pan, cook mushrooms in 2 teaspoons olive oil 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat; remove pan from heat. Add chopped croutons and 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto; mix gently. Assemble and bake Brie as recipe directs. Garnish with red bell pepper strips. Cook’s Tips: Brie is a French cheese known for its soft texture and downy, white rind. When preparing Brie, leave the rind on the cheese. The entire cheese is edible, including the rind. An 8-ounce wedge of Brie can be substituted for the round. Source: Pampered Chef

reviews anyone??? Is this better then the Tangy Pepper Pecan??

which cook book is this from?

It's from the Celebrate cookbook (retired). Whenever i make this, it's the first one finished at every single party and is my most requested.

I like it better than the jalapeno.. sometimes that can be too spicy.

finley1991 said:
It's from the Celebrate cookbook (retired). Whenever i make this, it's the first one finished at every single party and is my most requested.

I like it better than the jalapeno.. sometimes that can be too spicy.

Are you sure?
I can't find it in there.

Celebrate cookbook page 6. :) picture on page 5.

I LOVE love love this one... way better than the Tangy Brie... it has become a family favorite for my family now. Seems to appeal to more taste that the Tangy and is also very "season" appropriate for the fall through the holidays. I am also going to offer for my Jan and Feb "Big Game" themed shows.

finley1991 said:
Celebrate cookbook page 6. :) picture on page 5.

LOL - found it...my pages were stuck together - LOL

I've been doing the savory version at all of my recent shows... it looks really festive served on the cranberry SA pieces. Instead of baking it, I microwave it for 90 seconds. Still shows the cookware and then I put it on the SA stands. Very pretty.

I couldn't agree more! People go gah gah over this recipe... it looks great, makes the whole house SMELL terrific and people love the "idea" of Brie... it just sounds classy. I did it for my open house on Saturday and it was a HUGE hit... always is.

The other great recipe that I get rave reviews/request for is the Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomato Tapenade for the spring 07 Season's Best. I just leave it on my website because I'm constantly getting requests.

I just made it at a show yesterday - only my host liked it- I did not even like it.

Brown Sugar one is WAY better- should have made that

Wow, I made this for a get together, and every guest wanted the recipe! I then used it as a show recipe and again, everyone wanted the recipe!

What ingredients do I need to make Baked Brie With Apples and Cranberries?

To make Baked Brie With Apples and Cranberries, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 round of brie cheese
  • 1 apple, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
  • 1 egg, beaten

Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese for this recipe. Baked Brie With Apples and Cranberries can also be made with camembert or goat cheese.

Do I need to cook the apples before adding them to the brie?

No, you do not need to cook the apples before adding them to the brie. The apples will cook and soften while the brie is baking in the oven.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, this recipe can be made ahead of time. You can prepare the brie and wrap it in puff pastry, then cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before baking. You can also freeze the prepared brie for up to 3 months before baking.

What is the best way to serve Baked Brie With Apples and Cranberries?

The best way to serve Baked Brie With Apples and Cranberries is warm, straight out of the oven. You can serve it with crackers or sliced baguette for dipping. You can also add a drizzle of honey or balsamic glaze on top for extra flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • sarahmarie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
Replies
Views
sharalam