• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Cinnamon Sprinkles as a Substitute for Streusel Topping?

In summary, some popular substitutes for sprinkles include colored sanding sugar, jimmies, nonpareils, and chopped nuts. Fresh fruit, such as chopped berries or freeze-dried fruit, can also make a delicious and healthy substitute. For vegan options, you can use vegan sprinkles, crushed freeze-dried fruit, or small pieces of vegan chocolate. Additionally, you can make your own sprinkles at home using simple ingredients like powdered sugar, corn syrup, and food coloring. For a healthier alternative, toppings like shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or granola can provide added texture and flavor without the added sugar and artificial ingredients found in traditional sprinkles.
catlwilles
Gold Member
I'm making some strawberry bread that calls for a streusel topping. Can I substitute the Cinnamon Sprinkles for the streusal? I haven't used them yet and was wondering how similar to streusal they would be.

catlwilles said:
I'm making some strawberry bread that calls for a streusel topping. Can I substitute the Cinnamon Sprinkles for the streusal? I haven't used them yet and was wondering how similar to streusal they would be.

I would add them to the struesal - in place of the cinnamon and sugar.

I agree with Becky. They definately are NOT the same as streusal...but would be a super addition TO the topping!

What are some substitutes for sprinkles?

Some popular substitutes for sprinkles include colored sanding sugar, jimmies, nonpareils, and chopped nuts. You can also use chocolate chips or crushed cookies for a different texture.

Can I use fresh fruit as a substitute for sprinkles?

Yes, fresh fruit can make a delicious and healthy substitute for sprinkles. You can use chopped berries, dried fruit, or even freeze-dried fruit for a fun and colorful topping.

Are there any vegan substitutes for sprinkles?

Yes, there are several vegan options for sprinkles. You can use vegan sprinkles made with plant-based dyes, crushed freeze-dried fruit, or even small pieces of vegan chocolate.

Can I make my own sprinkles at home?

Yes, you can make your own sprinkles at home with just a few simple ingredients. You can mix together powdered sugar, corn syrup, and food coloring to create your own colorful sprinkles. Or, you can melt chocolate and drizzle it over your baked goods for a homemade chocolate sprinkle.

Are there any healthier alternatives to sprinkles?

If you are looking for a healthier option, you can use toppings such as shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or granola. These options provide added texture and flavor without the added sugar and artificial ingredients found in traditional sprinkles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcjulie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tara1021
Replies
Views
JAE
  • Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies