• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Caramel & Cinnamon Rolls - Icing or No Icing?

In summary, the monkey bread was great, the caramel rolls were sweet enough without icing, and the crescent rolls don't need butter.
Leigh0725
Okay -

I'm looking to make some caramel rolls and cinnamon rolls (according to the package instructions on the sprinkles). Does anyone have an icing recipe to use or suggestions? If you've made them, do they really even need icing?

No you do not need the icing. Sweet enough! I used reduced fat crecent rolls, but butter to grease the rolls with (I try to cut calories, lol). I prefer the cinnamon rather then the caramel. But just a matter of preference! Let us know how you like them!

I haven't made the cinnamon ones yet, my cinnamon crumbles are coming in my supply order...hopefully soon....anyway I have made the caramel and I agree don't need icing. They were very good and sweet enough.

I just made the monkey bread for a show today and used the Caramel sprinkles.

Use the caramel sprinkles on popcorn so good!!

I actually mixed them. It was great too. I also agree ne icing needed.

Thanks! Thanks good to know that they don't need icing. My coworkers aren't getting to happy with me (in a sarcastic way) b/c I keep bringing in new recipes to try out. I tell them they're my ginnea pigs. They love the food, but hate that they're so "good" for you. A lot of my teammates are physically active and try to eat well. I'm complete opposite. ;)

For an icing... mix confectioners sugar and either milk, water, or orange juice, until you get a pourable consistency. Drizzle it over. I like the oj verison.

I didn't use icing on the caramel ones, but did think it was needed on the cinnamon. I used just confectioners sugar mixed w/very little milk.

cinnimon rollsI "stretched out" the sprinkles by putting some of our cinnimon mixed with sugar on first...(for both kinds of sprinkles I did this) that way you don't need to use as much...Kids loved them...I did put icing on them...confectioners and milk.
I also made some stacks of pancakes the other day and sprinkled just a little of the sprinkles (tried both) in between the pancakes....let it set a minute to soak in...delicious!!!!! I'd throw the sprinkles on just about anything...love them....well, maybe not steak!!!!!

Where is the recipe for the crescent rolls??? I know I read it somewhere? I want to try them for breakfast. Can someone pass it on to me?

Dawn- it's on the bottle of the sprinkles. :)

Dawn4 said:
Where is the recipe for the crescent rolls??? I know I read it somewhere? I want to try them for breakfast. Can someone pass it on to me?

It's on the bottles. I used reduced fat crescent rolls and still didn't need butter. They didn't stick. They are very yummy! :thumbup:

I sprinkled some of the Cinnamon Sprinkles in a peach cobbler I made this weekend. The Furry Guy heartily approved.

I used the caramel ones on Saturday in the recipe for the Pull-Apart Bread that we do in the 8" Exec Saute Pan. I just substituted them for the cinnamon plus. They were to die for and will be a great 2nd recipe for a show! Have it baking while the guests are arriving!

Yummy! I just made these for my husband and his coworkers this morning and indeed, they do not need icing,but I decided to make some to try it out and it was yummy! I just mixed together powdered sugar and orange juice and drizzled just a little bit over the rolls.

Dumb question, but you put the icing on after they come out of the oven???

Dawn4 said:
Dumb question, but you put the icing on after they come out of the oven???
Yep! Let them cool for a few minutes (if you can wait! LOL) so the icing doesn't melt too much and "disappear" on you!

That's what I thought. Thank you!!!

OMG... they are so good. Definately sweet enough without the icing, but I figured why not?? The icing is good too!!

Yum! All this talk about it makes me want to make them again. Hmmmm, need to see if I have any crescent rolls. I'm stuck home all day with out a car (in the shop) for the 2nd day in a row so it makes me want to cook.

Dang, no crescent rolls!:( I do have Grands biscuits, so I bet I can do it with those. Not as WW-friendly though. I have to weigh in tomorrow.:thumbdown: However, I did discover I have like SIX cream cheese bricks!! I must not pay attention when I think I need them for a recipe, I buy a couple if they're on sale. I must not look to see if I already have them.

I love these little rolls! I have to go back and read all the threads on these new sprinkles, but have people done them in the saute pan like the easy garlic bites? I think that'll be my experiment for today.:rolleyes:

pamperedbecky said:
Yum! All this talk about it makes me want to make them again. Hmmmm, need to see if I have any crescent rolls. I'm stuck home all day with out a car (in the shop) for the 2nd day in a row so it makes me want to cook.

Dang, no crescent rolls!:( I do have Grands biscuits, so I bet I can do it with those. Not as WW-friendly though. I have to weigh in tomorrow.:thumbdown: However, I did discover I have like SIX cream cheese bricks!! I must not pay attention when I think I need them for a recipe, I buy a couple if they're on sale. I must not look to see if I already have them.

I love these little rolls! I have to go back and read all the threads on these new sprinkles, but have people done them in the saute pan like the easy garlic bites? I think that'll be my experiment for today.:rolleyes:

Becky - I did them both like the garlic bites for a show a couple weeks ago, and then again at home last week.....we like the caramel better, but they were both yummy! It was very impressive at my show too - I just slid them right out of the pan onto a plate - even with all that sugar, it just came right out......they loved it!

Why do the rolls seem so dinky? When I made them, it was almost like I had used pie crust - the rolls didn't puff up, like yeast cinnamon rolls do. What was your experience?

I followed the recipe, used very soft butter, didn't stretch out the dough too much, and they didn't raise very much. Thought it was a bad batch of crescents, tried another, same thing.

I did them in an oval baker - should I have done them on a flat stone??

The sides on the oval baker will prevent the air in the oven from reaching them, which could be part of the problem. (And that's why you're not supposed to bake cookies on a pan/stone with sides.) Mine didn't puff up a whole lot, but crescents never come out as fluffy as in the commercials. And they're NEVER as puffy as yeast rolls.

Speaking of... you could make yeast versions of these using frozen bread dough. Thaw it, roll it out and make the rolls, then let them rise. mmm....

ChefBeckyD said:
Becky - I did them both like the garlic bites for a show a couple weeks ago, and then again at home last week.....we like the caramel better, but they were both yummy! It was very impressive at my show too - I just slid them right out of the pan onto a plate - even with all that sugar, it just came right out......they loved it!

Okay, I ended up making these like the garlic bites using grands biscuits. not bad. I'm glad I didn't make icing for it. The plate was clean within a half hour. Plus got four orders for the sprinkles. I did the caramel ones, so maybe I'll do the cinnamon tomorrow and see if those that ordered will also order the cinnamon. ;)

BTW - this morning when I was making them, I went to put the bottle on the counter not really paying attention and it fell. What a mess. Half my bottle was on the floor. :( :cry:

Leigh0725 said:
Okay, I ended up making these like the garlic bites using grands biscuits. not bad. I'm glad I didn't make icing for it. The plate was clean within a half hour. Plus got four orders for the sprinkles. I did the caramel ones, so maybe I'll do the cinnamon tomorrow and see if those that ordered will also order the cinnamon. ;)

BTW - this morning when I was making them, I went to put the bottle on the counter not really paying attention and it fell. What a mess. Half my bottle was on the floor. :( :cry:
Becky and Leigh....so in doing them like the garlic bites, what was the exact recipe you used? A couple tablespoons of butter and how much sprinkles? A quarter cup like the regular sprinkles recipe? Did you add extra sugar? I think I'll make them for lunch.:blushing:

Thanks for the ideas!!

I used 5 tablespoons of butter (just feel that a whole stick is too much) and 1/4 cup sprinkles. :)

pamperedbecky said:
Becky and Leigh....so in doing them like the garlic bites, what was the exact recipe you used? A couple tablespoons of butter and how much sprinkles? A quarter cup like the regular sprinkles recipe? Did you add extra sugar? I think I'll make them for lunch.:blushing:

Thanks for the ideas!!

I'm sorta stingy with the sprinkles.......I think I used 2 TBLS. per pan - but this was the 8 inch saute pan, and the small can of biscuits (the one with 5 in it).

Someone (I forget who right now) posted that they made them, and sprinkled cinnamon sugar on them before the sprinkles.....I might try that today.

pamperedbecky said:

Thanks for the ideas!!
Becky~

To make the sprinkles last longer, I added some brown sugar to the top of my bites...then the sprinkles! I used about 4 T. butter...melted it, tossed the cut up biscuits, sprinkled with brown sugar and sprinkles and baked!

I didn't even think to toss them. I will try that next time. I had just melted the butter, put the sprinkles in the pan and the biscuits on top. Once done, just flipped the pan onto a SA so that the caramel goodness was on top. I will try that with the cinnamon. ;)

That sounds delicious, and simple! Definitely doing it at my next show!

Icing, My SIL Made this, and it tasted just like Pillsberry, ok she did it by eye, but she used :
Powdered Sugar
a little HOT water(to melt sugar)
a spoon full of butter
and a little milk--- stir up to the consitancy of icing, and add when needing more.
Hopefully that helps, she did it soo fast and it came out so good, she made it look easy.

This may be a little off-topic to the thread, but has anyone tried making cinnamon or caramel sticky buns using the Pizza Crust & Roll Mix -- similar to the Giant Cinnamon Rolls recipe, but using Cinnamon/Caramel Sprinkle instead of the other filling ingredients?

KellyTheChef said:
Becky~

To make the sprinkles last longer, I added some brown sugar to the top of my bites...then the sprinkles! I used about 4 T. butter...melted it, tossed the cut up biscuits, sprinkled with brown sugar and sprinkles and baked!
Awesome, thanks! I never did make them today. Figured I should do it tomorrow after my WW weigh in. I also realized I only have about 2 tablespoons of butter, so I need to go to the store.

Thanks for all the input!!!

1. Do I need to use icing for my caramel and cinnamon rolls?

It is completely up to personal preference whether or not to use icing on your rolls. The caramel and cinnamon flavors are already delicious on their own, but adding icing can add a touch of sweetness and create a beautiful presentation.

2. Can I use a homemade icing recipe for my rolls?

Yes, absolutely! You can use any icing recipe that you prefer, whether it's a traditional cream cheese icing or a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and milk. Just be sure to let your rolls cool completely before adding the icing.

3. How do I make the icing for my rolls?

If you're using a pre-packaged mix, follow the instructions on the package for making the icing. If you're using a homemade recipe, mix together your desired ingredients in a bowl until smooth and creamy. You can adjust the consistency by adding more liquid (such as milk or cream) for a thinner icing or more powdered sugar for a thicker icing.

4. Do the rolls really need icing?

Again, this is a matter of personal preference. The rolls are delicious on their own, but adding icing can enhance the flavors and add a finishing touch. If you're short on time or simply prefer not to use icing, the rolls will still be delicious without it.

5. Can I add icing to my rolls after they have been baked?

Yes, you can certainly add icing to your rolls after they have been baked. Just be sure to wait until they have cooled before adding the icing so that it doesn't melt and become too runny. You can also warm the icing in the microwave for a few seconds before drizzling it over the rolls for a warm and gooey treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • Lifeat50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD