• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sweet Biscuit Recipe: Cinnamon Sprinkle Variations

I omitted 2 of the biscuits from the recipe and it still turned out great! I also have a 10" pan and it would be great to have a bigger batch. The biscuits do get bunched up together, but that's okay because they taste amazing that way.
aksusan
isn't there a recipe similar to the garlic bites that is a sweet version with the biscuits & cinnamon sprinkle or something like that? Any other versions you guys have come up with?

I haven't tried the garlic ones yet - but thought I might try a sweet version for breakfast tomorrow.

Pull Apart Bread

Apple Cinnamon

1 stick butter
Pantry Cinnamon Plus
¼ cup sugar
1 apple, sliced and chopped
1 package Pillsbury Grands Biscuits

Caramel Pecan

1 stick butter
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 package Pillsbury Grands Biscuits

Garlic Bites

1 stick butter
Pantry Italian Seasoning
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 package Pillsbury Grand Biscuits

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in Small Sauté Pan on stovetop, over medium heat—add ingredients, except biscuits, and sauté until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Using Utility Knife, cut biscuits into quarters. Add all the biscuits to the pan, toss with butter mixture, immediately put in oven and bake 18-20 minutes.

My favorite is just to melt some butter in the saute pan and add a tablespoon of brown sugar, when melted at the quartered rolls into the butter mixer and sprinkle the PC cinnamon sprinkle over the top. My kids love them!

these sound great! thank you!! :)

Warning.... very addictive!!!!

Right. I didn't have these in my mind until she asked last night. I HAD to have for breakfast with our eggs and bacon.

Making these tonight with the SKillet Lasagna. Watch out thighs!!!!!!

Try using the Garlic Parmesan Dipping Oil stuff in place of the Italian Seasoning Mix and garlic. Fantastic!

addictive....yes!

ok so I tried this last night and it was a disaster which stinks because if my host chooses to do grilled chicken penne al fresco, I wanted to demo these while it was cooking in micro. I followed recipe and put biscuits in pan an I knew right away there were too many and there was no way they were going to cook evenly. They didn't. I had to take them out of saute pan and seperate them and try to get them to brown evenly and it was a pain in the a&&. Any thoughts? Is the 8' just too small? I don't have the 10' but I don't see that beeing large enough anyway?????

kcmckay said:
ok so I tried this last night and it was a disaster which stinks because if my host chooses to do grilled chicken penne al fresco, I wanted to demo these while it was cooking in micro. I followed recipe and put biscuits in pan an I knew right away there were too many and there was no way they were going to cook evenly. They didn't. I had to take them out of saute pan and seperate them and try to get them to brown evenly and it was a pain in the a&&. Any thoughts? Is the 8' just too small? I don't have the 10' but I don't see that beeing large enough anyway?????

I make mine in the 8" pan. Are you using 1 package biscuits quartered? I've made them several times- and they are awesome.

I used the 8'' as well at it was a huge hit at my house! Did you get the right biscuits? Quartered them? I dont know what to tell you, because mine really did work out well.

kcmckay said:
The Grands biscuits are very large, so when I make this I omit 2 of the biscuits (typically) when I'm using the 8 in saute pan. I'd really like to have a 10 in pan and then have a bigger batch. What I do is cut them up and then place them in the pan and only put in what fits. It is very full, but I stop adding when it's too hard to squeeze in any more and toss them to coat. They do bunch together and turn into more of a pull-apart type biscuit, so don't be afraid to have them be all bunched up and squished. :D

babywings76 said:
The Grands biscuits are very large, so when I make this I omit 2 of the biscuits (typically) when I'm using the 8 in saute pan. I'd really like to have a 10 in pan and then have a bigger batch. What I do is cut them up and then place them in the pan and only put in what fits. It is very full, but I stop adding when it's too hard to squeeze in any more and toss them to coat. They do bunch together and turn into more of a pull-apart type biscuit, so don't be afraid to have them be all bunched up and squished. :D

I use the regular Pillsbury biscuits (the ones in the red can). They fit perfectly. I do want to try with the Grands though because I would like a "fluffier" (if that's even a word) kind.

The Grands bisquits 5 count (shorter tube) fits the 8 inch skillet.

I melt my butter in the batter bowl, qtr and stir in the bisquits and seasoning. Then, hand place in skillet and pour butter over top. I use the Sweet Cinnamon sprinkles.

When they are done, top with a confectioners sugar glaze and add some orange zest. (My 2 year old call this "Pampered Chef Pancake" -- and asks for it all the time)

Can you make them in the 10" skillet rather than the saute pan?

ChefPaulaB said:

I always use the 8 count grands biscuits and the 10" skillet.

ChefPaulaB said:

The 10in skillet is on my wish list! :D I'm debating getting it for KEM or if I should discipline myself and wait for a month where I submit my own show or something.

I got my 10" skillet with my 7 pc set for half price when I hosted a show once... love it!

I have been making these almost every weekend for breakfast - I use the 10" saute pan and the Grands 8 count biscuits...never a problem and they always turn out fantastic! I have tried it with both brown sugar/cinnamon and carmel sauce - my husband and I like the best with brown sugar/cinnamon...here is what I do:

1/3 stick butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

I melt the butter in the 10" saute pan, add the brown sugar and ciannamon, cut the the biscuits in quarters and toss them in the mixture making sure to coat each piece, pop the pan in the oven at 350 degree for 15-18 min then I immediatley put a plate over the top and invert them onto a plate...let the gooey mixture settle for about 5 minutes then pull apart and enjoy!

I tried the garlic parmesan ones as well and I liked them, but my husband thought they tasted too much like a biscuit still...have thought about making them using crescent rolls or some other refridgerated bread like cut up the Pillsbury breadsticks or something - has anyone tried using something other than biscuits for the garlic ones?

I made the sweet version and added a twist:

1 can grands biscuts (butter flavor)
1/2-3/4 stick butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle

Melt butter in Classic batter bowl

Combine remaining ingredients in batter bowl, along with biscuts that have been quartered and mix well using Mix-n-scraper

Pour biscuts and remaining "sauce" in 8" saute pan

Pop in a 400* over for 20 minutes or until biscuts are done

THESE ARE SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

I demoed them at my last show and sold 3 saute' pan as a result!!!

The Grands I can buy in my town come in the 8 per packs. I used my 10 inch saute pan and it worked very well -- sort of made a mountain while cooking in the oven. The Garlic Bites are fabulous!

Are you using the ss pans or nonstick? These sound really good

Triciascucina said:
Are you using the ss pans or nonstick? These sound really good

Nonstick, although I'd be curious if anyone's tried it with the SS.

I made the sweet ones in my 8". I used 2 cans of the little biscuits from Aldi and quartered them. It was super easy and yummy Monkey Bread. Definitely a hit at my house and at the brunch show that I had last week!

I've only used the non-stick Executive pans. Clean up is a breeze.

I have a 30 minute chicken show coming up in July, can I use stoneware instead of the 10" skillet for the biscuit bites? I am thinking I thought I saw a recipe somewhere here where you could do them in the micro in the fluted stoneware cake pan, does anyone have that? I can afford 23 dollars before I can afford 100 dollars for the 10" pan!!

I got the mini kit, I don't have any of the cookware yet, and can't really afford to buy it just for one show, since we are packing our stuff for an overseas miltary move (to ITALY, YAY!!!) 4 days after her party, although, I will still be in the area by the time her stuff arrives, for cust. care calls, etc.

I do have my hubby convinced that as soon as we get settled and I do an open house (and if I have enough sales for a 1/2 price item) we will order the complete 5 & 7 piece set!!

I thought that I would do the chicken, then while it is in the micro, I would demo the biscuits and once the chicken comes out, and it is resting, pop the biscuits in the micro. What do you think? Then, maybe demo a few veggies on the mandoline?

What do you think?

Any advice is appreciated!!

I don't think the dough cooks the same in the microwave, but I could be mistaken.

You can do them in the 8" skillet too - I have.

The 8" is $45....if you order it as a personal order, it's $36.

I copied these recipes into a doc. I am trying to attach it, hope it comes thru. Great customer service to email them the recipe ideas. I love these, will be making lots of them to practice! I have a 30 min. chick show with the garlic bites. I have the 8 and 10" pans so will get to try them both out.

Attachments

• Biscuit Bites Sweet and Savory.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 448
Hey! What do you know, it worked!

You could do them in stoneware in the oven, but probably not the microwave.

The main reason the recipe is to do them in the skillets is to show how the cookware can go in the oven, not just stovetop :)

As for the 8" vs 10 or 12" - I bought the big can of Grands Bisquits and yeah, they were never going to fit in the 8" pan. I borrowed the 12" skillet from a teammate and made them in there for a show last weekend. There was plenty of room in the 12" pan! If you buy the regular can of bisquits that is smaller then I bet it would fit in the 8" (that sounds like what others are doing anyway).

I find that the Grands biscuits will fit in the 8 in saute pan if you melt the butter in the large batter bowl and toss them in there. Then bake. THere just isn't room to toss them to coat in the small saute pan. I've tried the smaller regular biscuits, but I didn't really think they tasted as good.Oh, and 2 cans for the 12 in skillet it good. My favorite ones are the flaky layers. :) Yum.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
magentablue
Replies
Views
JAE
  • Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies