• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spice Up Your Churro Recipe with Cinnamon Sprinkles: Tips and Alternatives

In summary, there are several alternative spices that can be used for churros besides cinnamon, such as nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, and allspice. Ground cinnamon can be used as a substitute for cinnamon sprinkles and can be sprinkled on warm churros for best results. To make cinnamon sprinkles, mix equal parts ground cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the churros while warm. Cinnamon sugar can also be used as a substitute, but the texture and flavor may differ. The amount of cinnamon needed for a churro recipe varies and can be adjusted according to personal preference, with the option to sprinkle extra on top for more flavor.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I wanted to make the churro recipe for tomorrow but realized that I only have 1 T of cinnamon sprinkles. The recipe calls for 4. I have a couple choices, what do you think would work best:
1 T cinnamon sprinkles and 3 T sweet apple sprinkles (do you think it would go well with the dip?)
1 T cinnamon sprinkle and some amount of cinnamon
Any other suggestions?

a simple cinnamon and light brown sugar mixture, shake it on with the Flour/Sugar Shaker

Oooh, yummy! Maybe I'll do half and half!

At our taste testing Cluster meeting, the consultant who made the churros used the apple sprinkles - and the Churros were the hit of the evening! They were so incredibly good - and so was the dip with them!

I have the ingredients to make these. Now I just need everyone home at the same time so I don't eat them all myself.

1. What are some alternative spices to use for churros instead of cinnamon?

Some alternative spices that can be used for churros include nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, and allspice. These spices can add unique flavors and enhance the overall taste of the churros.

2. Can I use ground cinnamon instead of cinnamon sprinkles?

Yes, ground cinnamon can be used as a substitute for cinnamon sprinkles. Make sure to sprinkle it on the churros while they are still warm to ensure it sticks to the surface.

3. How do I make cinnamon sprinkles for churros?

To make cinnamon sprinkles for churros, mix together equal parts ground cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture over the churros while they are still warm for the best results.

4. Can I use cinnamon sugar instead of cinnamon sprinkles?

Yes, you can use cinnamon sugar as a substitute for cinnamon sprinkles. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different. Cinnamon sugar is a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, while cinnamon sprinkles are just cinnamon.

5. How much cinnamon should I use for my churro recipe?

The amount of cinnamon needed for your churro recipe may vary depending on personal preference. It is recommended to start with 1-2 teaspoons and adjust according to taste. You can also sprinkle extra cinnamon on top of the churros after they have been fried for more flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aksusan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
Replies