• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried adding caramel sprinkles to your summer berry shortcakes?

In summary, to make the shortcakes from scratch, you will need flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, milk, and vanilla extract. You can also use frozen berries instead of fresh, just make sure to thaw and drain them before using. For a gluten-free option, you can use a gluten-free flour blend or substitute almond flour. Shortcakes are best made the same day, but can be made a day in advance and stored. Any type of whipped cream or topping can be used, including flavored options.
Jenni
I have never made this recipe, but a host would like to do it tomorrow night at a show. I watched the how to video a bunch of times so I feel comfortable demoing without doing a test run. My ? is in the video they talk about using the caramel or cinnamon sprinkles instead of sugar (or maybe it was in addition to sugar). Has anyone tried this? If so what flavor did you use (I have both).... Do you prefer it without sprinkles????

I have never made the Summer Berry Shortcakes with any sprinkles, only sugar as directed. However, I would make it at home first to see if the flavor mixes well with the berries. Maybe someone else on the site has used the sprinkles.

I used the Caramel Sprinkles and they were AWESOME!!!!

1. How do I make the shortcakes from scratch?

To make the shortcakes from scratch, you will need flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, milk, and vanilla extract. First, mix together the dry ingredients and then cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly add in the milk and vanilla extract until the dough comes together. Roll out the dough and cut it into circles, then bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

2. Can I use frozen berries instead of fresh for the shortcakes?

Yes, you can use frozen berries for the shortcakes. Just make sure to thaw the berries before using them and drain any excess liquid. You can also toss the frozen berries with a bit of sugar to sweeten them up before adding them to the shortcakes.

3. Is there a gluten-free option for the shortcakes?

Yes, you can make gluten-free shortcakes by using a gluten-free flour blend instead of regular flour. You can also substitute almond flour for a nutty flavor. Just be sure to check that all other ingredients are also gluten-free.

4. How far in advance can I make the shortcakes?

Shortcakes are best when made the same day, but you can make them a day in advance and store them in an airtight container. If they become too soft, you can re-crisp them in the oven for a few minutes before serving.

5. Can I use a different type of whipped cream for the shortcakes?

Yes, you can use any type of whipped cream for the shortcakes. Traditional whipped cream, coconut whipped cream, or even a flavored whipped cream like lemon or strawberry would work well. You can also substitute whipped topping for a quicker option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies