• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try This Delicious and WW-Friendly Apple Snack: Caramel Sprinkled Sliced Apples

I FINALLY put the replacement blades for my APCS in and was itching to see if that "fixed it" (it did!) so I tried this. Only thing I did different was a) used one tablespoon of butter, not 2 and b) only sauteed for 5 minutes total and then turned it off. Yum!I made it this morning for the kids!... I used butter instead of the oil and added some KC... yummmmmmmmy! thanks for the idea!If you chop your apples a bit finer you can add them to plain oatmeal. We do this as it is much cheaper then the pre packaged pouches. Less sugar too! I do a few apples at a time and
amy07
Some of you may already do this, I'm just slow.....but this is my newest sweet indulgence. And so WW friendly!:thumbup:

I use the apple wedger and slice each wedge into 3 more thin slices. While I'm doing that, I heat about 1/2Tbsp of olive oil in my 8" saute pan. I toss my apple wedges with 1-2Tbsp of the caramel sprinkle and then toss them in the pan. It is just pure heaven! :angel: Not to mention how good it makes the house smell.

I think I may do this just before I begin my shows and pass the slices around for people to taste before I begin my introduction. Oh wait...... I need some shows first.:rolleyes:

oh, and the reason I don't use the other thingy (can't think of the name) is because i don't have it. And my way is quick, and I'm all about that!

That sounds great! Is it the APCS that you don't have? I never get mine out any more.

Hey, Amy! How are you?That sounds awesome and I could use a little snack right now :)!What "other thingy" are you talking about?

Oh, thanks Jill! if it is the APCS, that makes sense. I don't get mine out anymore either, and I don't think I've sold even one in the little over a year I've been doing this....

JAE said:
That sounds great! Is it the APCS that you don't have? I never get mine out any more.

that's it!!

Plus by doing it with the wedger, you can keep the slices kind of thick so they still have some "crunch" to them too! My kids love them too!;)

Okay, I'm going to go make some right now and I'll report back while I'm eating my little slices of heaven :D

Ohhhhh, Amy....I think I love you! :love: Delish!!!! :thumbup:

I make something similar. I take apples cut into16th's take 2 tablespoons real butter in sauté pan and put both in. After they have sautéed for 5 min. I add Cinnamon and sugar and continue to sauté for 5 more minutes. This is great over ice cream or fresh cake.

This sounds super yummy! Once I finish my last 2 single serve fat-free caramel dips I may have to try this...

That sounds good, but I think I'd try the butter over the olive oil on apples.

I have a fabulous recipe for apple bread that I put the sprinkles over and it is to die for! I love making it in the mini loaf pan and sharing the other 3 loaves with friends and neighbors.

Whoa...total hijack...sorry :blushing:

linojackie said:
That sounds good, but I think I'd try the butter over the olive oil on apples.

I have a fabulous recipe for apple bread that I put the sprinkles over and it is to die for! I love making it in the mini loaf pan and sharing the other 3 loaves with friends and neighbors.

Whoa...total hijack...sorry :blushing:

Share your recipe please.

BethCooks4U said:
Share your recipe please.

DITTO!! (guess we are just continuing the hijack!! lol)

Posted to another thread titled "appley goodness bread":thumbup:

Yummo, thanks Jackie!

tlag1986 said:
I make something similar. I take apples cut into16th's take 2 tablespoons real butter in sauté pan and put both in. After they have sautéed for 5 min. I add Cinnamon and sugar and continue to sauté for 5 more minutes. This is great over ice cream or fresh cake.

I FINALLY put the replacement blades for my APCS in and was itching to see if that "fixed it" (it did!) so I tried this. Only thing I did different was a) used one tablespoon of butter, not 2 and b) only sauteed for 5 minutes total and then turned it off. Yum!

I made it this morning for the kids!... I used butter instead of the oil and added some KC... yummmmmmmmy! thanks for the idea!

If you chop your apples a bit finer you can add them to plain oatmeal. We do this as it is much cheaper then the pre packaged pouches. Less sugar too! I do a few apples at a time and keep the leftovers in the fridge to use all week.

also you can thinly spread cream cheese on a flour tortillia, add some flavored apples. Roll it up and grill it on your fav Exec cookware. YUM! Tastes like cheese cake!

This is what I had for dinner tonight. I used a large Granny Smith apple, canola oil, and caramel sprinkles. It was very good. Thanks for the recipe.

1. How do I make this apple snack?

To make this delicious and WW-friendly apple snack, start by slicing your desired amount of apples into thin slices. Then, place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle a small amount of caramel sauce over the apple slices and sprinkle with cinnamon and chopped nuts. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until the apples are soft. Allow to cool before serving.

2. Is this apple snack WW-friendly?

Yes, this apple snack is WW-friendly as it uses fresh apples as the main ingredient and only a small amount of caramel sauce is used. You can also adjust the amount of caramel used to fit your WW points allowance.

3. Can I use different types of apples for this snack?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for this snack. However, some varieties may work better than others for baking, so it is recommended to use a type of apple that is known for its baking abilities, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp.

4. Can I make this apple snack ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this apple snack ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble and bake the apples right before serving to ensure they are warm and crispy. You can also prepare the sliced apples and toppings ahead of time and bake them when you are ready to serve.

5. Can I make a larger batch of this snack for a party?

Yes, you can easily make a larger batch of this apple snack for a party. Simply adjust the amounts of ingredients accordingly and use multiple baking sheets if needed. This snack is a great and easy option for serving a crowd.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl