• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Apple Crisp Prep Bowl Recipe

In summary, the conversation is about putting together a prep bowl recipe for an individual serving of apple crisp. The recipe includes using an apple wedger and paring knife to cut the apple into small pieces, mixing it with melted butter and sprinkling it with instant oatmeal and cinnamon or caramel sprinkles before baking at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. The group discusses the feasibility of fitting a whole apple in the prep bowl and suggests using smaller apples or other fruits like plums. A basic fruit crisp recipe is also shared.
whiteyteresa
I am going to put together a few prep bowl ideas and I had an idea for a recipe for one

Apple Crisp (??? - maybe will rename it)

Ingredients: (included in gift bag)
1 prep bowl
Apple Wedger
Quikut Paring Knife
Bar Board
1 Apple (??? - red or green)1 individual packet of instant oatmeal - plain
1 or 2 (???) Tablespoons of Cinnamon or Carmel Sprinkles (???)

directions:

Use paring knife to remove apple peel, use apple wedger to cut apple into wedges and then cut into small pieces with paring knife on the bar board.

Place in prep bowl. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter (???) and mix with oatmeal, pour over apples and sprinkle the sprinkles of the oatmeal. Bake at 350 degrees until apples are soften about 30 - 45 minutes (???)

Let me know what you think - especially about what is in red

Do you think that I should put the sprinkles into a small craft bag with the sprinkles info on it or should I put the sprinkles into a small/tiny cup (one that you sometimes get ketchup/ranch dressing/etc. into - I buy these at our local restaurant supply store - my daughter Lucy loves these for her dips and pancake syrup)

Do you think people would think that is okay to use ?

HELP

Thanks

:chef:

JUST BUMPING . . . . . . . . .

:chef:

Have you baked this yet? I don't think it should take that long. You might soften the apples in the microwave first....I also wonder if a whole apple will fit in the small prep bowl plus the oatmeal and butter and sprinkles. It sounds yummy once you get it all to fit. Keep us posted.
Deb

I think the prep cups are a great idea for an individual crisp. I put together gift baskets for the holidays and mix the topping ingredients and give a quart of home canned fruit. If you give an apple, I would go with using 1/3 cup of the topping mix in a cute little bag inside the prep cup. If you use a smaller granny smith it should fit. My favorite crisp by far is a plum!:sing: When baked they taste like a giant tart cherry! Usually these are perfect size for the prep bowls too! They also sound very cool for the holidays "Spiced Plum Crisp". Just cut in half, remove the seed and then cut into bite size chunks. Bake 350 degrees 15-20 minutes.

My Basic Fruit Crisp Recipe

4 cups fruit (apples, peaches, cherries, berries,plums, pears --mix and match -- be creative!)
pits removed and for apples, sliced thin..

Topping:
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup rolled oats or quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon plus
1/2 cup chopped nuts (of your choice, I love hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, or walnuts)

Combine topping ingredients. For a standard crisp... Put fruit in an 8inch by 8 inch casserole and top with the topping. Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with whip cream or ice cream... Sooooo easy!!

Hi there!I love your idea for the Apple Crisp prep bowl! It's such a convenient and fun way to make a delicious treat. As for the ingredients, I think using a red apple would be best for the color and flavor, but if you prefer green apples, that would work too.For the sprinkles, I think it would be great to include them in a small craft bag with the information on it. This way, it's easy for the recipient to see what they are and how to use them. As for the tiny cup, I think it's a creative idea, but it may be a bit messy for the recipient to use. Plus, the craft bag is more reusable and eco-friendly.I'm sure people would love to use the tiny cup for their dips and syrups, but for this particular recipe, I think the craft bag would be the better option. Let me know if you have any other questions or if you need any help with anything else. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make this apple crisp?

The ingredients for this delicious apple crisp include apples, flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and lemon juice.

2. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 4-6 servings, depending on the size of your prep bowl.

3. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of apples?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit you like, such as peaches, pears, or berries. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Can I make this recipe in advance?

Yes, you can prepare the apple crisp ahead of time and store it in the fridge until ready to bake. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap.

5. Do I need any special equipment to make this recipe?

No, you do not need any special equipment. However, a Pampered Chef prep bowl is recommended for optimal results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jen1409
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies