• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Recipe - Apple Crisp Thing

In summary, the conversation was about a recipe for an apple crisp or cobbler that was featured on the PC site in the fall and uses the Deep Covered Baker. The original poster was looking for the recipe but couldn't remember the name. Another user shared a recipe for Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp from the DCB cookbook and another for Quick Apple Crisp. The original poster was grateful and shared their struggles in finding the recipe.
kam
Staff member
Recently, (I think) there was this Apple Crisp/Cobbler type recipe that I thought I saw all over the PC site that uses the Deep Covered Baker. I am pretty sure it was a featured recipe in the fall.

I can't remember the name to find the file - ugh!

It wasn't Mom's Apple Crisp.

Can anyone post the name of the recipe?? THANKS!

Here is one from the DCB cookbook I have:
Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp

This fresh-from-the-microwave-oven dessert will have everyone
asking for seconds! Featuring an enchanting combination of
cinnamon, apples and cherries, you’ll love how this recipe
fills your home with the delicious aromas of fall.

½ cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick)
½ cup (125 mL) blanched slivered almonds
1 pkg (17.5 oz/496 g) oatmeal cookie mix
1 tbsp (15 mL) Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend
5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled
1 orange
1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
¼ cup (50 mL) sugar
1 can (30 oz) cherry pie filling (3⅓ cups/825 mL)
1 qt. (1 L) vanilla ice cream (optional)

1. Place butter into Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted,
stirring every 30 seconds. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper. Place almonds, cookie mix
and spice blend into Deep Covered Baker. Add butter and mix until moistened using Classic Scraper.
Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until mixture sizzles and begins to brown, stirring once.
Spread crisp mixture over Parchment Paper; cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, cut apples into wedges using Apple Wedger. Cut wedges in half crosswise using Santoku
Knife. Juice orange using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL) juice. Combine apples, juice, cornstarch and
sugar in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; mix well using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Add apple mixture to
baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 6-8 minutes or until apples begin to soften. Stir in pie filling; cook
7-9 minutes or until mixture thickens and apples are cooked through.
3. Remove baker from microwave. Carefully remove lid. Sprinkle crisp mixture over fruit; let stand,
uncovered, 5-10 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg,
Carbohydrate 49 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber 3 g
Cook’s Tip: To bake crisp in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Combine apples, juice,
cornstarch and sugar in mixing bowl. Add pie filling and mix well. Spoon apple mixture into Deep Covered
Baker; cover and bake 40-45 minutes or until mixture is thickened and apples are cooked through. Meanwhile,
melt butter in (10-in./25-cm) Skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes. Add cookie mix, almonds and spice
blend. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, 4-6 minutes or until browned. Spread over
Parchment Paper; cool completely. Remove baker from oven; let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with
crisp mixture.

Okay that was a microwave Apple Crisp - here is an oven one I found in that cookbook too!

Quick Apple Crisp

5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half. Place apples in bottom of baker. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in bowl. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.

Super quick version: Microwave for 18-22 minutes or until you smell it’s wonderful aroma and see lots of bubbles!!!

YES! Thank you. The Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp was what I was looking for!

I had a copy of the image and it was titled aacc - I knew one "a" was "apple" and one "c" was "crisp", but I couldn't figure out the extra "a" and "c".

And, thank you for posting the recipe. It turns out I didn't have it - which is why it wasn't coming up in my searches! :)

hahah aacc is just way too confusing! I would never remember that! Glad I could help!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Apple Crisp?

To make Apple Crisp, you will need apples, flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, cinnamon, and salt.

2. Can I use any type of apples for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apples for this recipe. However, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious apples are recommended for their tart and firm texture.

3. How long does it take to bake Apple Crisp?

It typically takes about 45 minutes to bake Apple Crisp. You will know it's ready when the top is golden brown and the apples are tender.

4. Is there a way to make this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free flour and oats. You can also substitute the flour with almond flour or the oats with crushed gluten-free cookies.

5. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of apples?

Yes, you can use different types of fruit for this recipe such as peaches, pears, or berries. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jen1409
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
tiffanypc05
  • chefa