• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Greek Seasoning for Jewelry Show

very soon)...I will let you know how it turns out!:)Thanks for all the suggestions!No problem!:)Didn't take notice, cuz I have not made it yet! But someone I know makes it ALL the time...:rolleyes::pI just do the whole thing and let the host have leftovers.
nikki70563
Gold Member
is there something you can subsitute for greek seasoning I thought I read it somewhere on here but can't find it? I am having a jewelry show and would like to have this what else would go good with this it can be pc or non pc food?

Look in the Seasons Best. It's probably a cooks tip on the recipe.

My own inclination would be a little oregano, some lemon zest and some garlic. Maybe a small bit of mint.

Italian Seasoning and press some garlic into it. Even if you HAVE the Greek Rub, it's better adding some garlic to it.

The recommended substitution is:1 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper.I'd also add something like garlic. I've made it with the substitution and it just isn't the same!

I've used Italian Seasoning & lemon zest at a show because had played with & "misplaced" my Greek Rub in the couch cushions (which I found later). Tasted just great!

do you think a whole recipe is alot for 10 - 15 people because it yeilds 32 servings and I will have other finger food so should I do half of recipe?

I just do the whole thing and let the host have leftovers.I also suggest that they heat it up the next day and stir it into pasta for a good pasta salad.

The best substitution I have found is Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb. You all must try it!

thanks for all the suggestions

There's a REALLY good torta recipe on the Use and Care Card for the square Holiday Platter...it's a Fiesta Cheese Torta. Same kind of idea, but with taco seasoning/southwestern seasoning and different cheese. I don't know if the Use and Care recipes are up on CC yet for the new products, but if anyone is interested in these tortas (I think they're great because they're pretty rich and feed a good number of people), you can search there.:)

Can you share it with me because it is not up yet?

nikki70563 said:
Can you share it with me because it is not up yet?

I'll have to go dig out my Use and Care card (I packed everything back up once I went through the products) and type it up. I'll try to do it in a little bit!:)

pamperedbecky said:
I'll have to go dig out my Use and Care card (I packed everything back up once I went through the products) and type it up. I'll try to do it in a little bit!:)

Ok thanks - I will watch for it.

Fiesta Cheese TortaOk, I found it!! Yum!
Fiesta Cheese Torta

16 oz cream cheese, softened
1 T. taco seasoning mix (I'm going to use the Southwestern seasoning)
2 garlic cloves, pressed
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions with tops
1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
1 plum tomato, seeded and decided
1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped

additional snipped cilantro (optional)
assorted crackers or tortilla chips

1. Line inside of small batter bowl with plastic wrap; set aside. In lg. bowl combine cream cheese, seasoning mix and garlic; mix well until blended. Stir in cheddar cheese, green onions and cilantro; mix well.

2. Spoon 1/2 cup of cream cheese mixture into bottom of batter bowl, spreading evenly. Top with diced tomato, pressing lightly. Spoon 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture over tomato, spreading evenly. Top with olives, pressing lightly. Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over olives, spreading evenly. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.

3. To serve, invert batter bowl onto Holiday Serving Plate. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle with additional cilantro, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers or tortilla chips if desired.

That's it! I'm making this for our kick off meeting on Monday night and I can't wait! :D

thanks becky:)

janetupnorth said:
I just do the whole thing and let the host have leftovers.

I also suggest that they heat it up the next day and stir it into pasta for a good pasta salad.

WOW! What a Great idea.....;)

janetupnorth said:
Hmm...yeah, saw it on here MANY times. ;):p

Didn't take notice, cuz I have not made it yet! But someone I know makes it ALL the time...:rolleyes::p

janetupnorth said:
I just do the whole thing and let the host have leftovers.

I also suggest that they heat it up the next day and stir it into pasta for a good pasta salad.

I'm new to PC --so new that I'm still waiting on my kit to get here! I just had my "intro" show this past week and I made this ....WOW..it is SO good. I did have some left overs and I never thought about adding it to some pasta...I just may have to make it again (very soon) and try it:) I also used roasted red peppers in mine. Very Yummy!

Ginger428 said:
Didn't take notice, cuz I have not made it yet! But someone I know makes it ALL the time...:rolleyes::p

Yeah, I've done it for about 5 shows already.

Don't worry, I'm branching out this next month. ;)

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, I've done it for about 5 shows already.

Don't worry, I'm branching out this next month. ;)

Yeaaaaa...please do tell???:cool:

Ginger428 said:
Yeaaaaa...please do tell???:cool:

Well, last year I used the Jerk Chicken Nachos ALL the time, so I'm thinking...

Strawberry Cream Trifle for my host that wants "light and fruity" - hope it's not too "heavy".

Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte or Trifle for my host that wants "chocolate and peanut butter" - specifically!

...and either the avocado salsa cups or the new bread bowl artichoke dip for my host that wants an appetizer.

I'm thinking of the cups and saving the bread bowl dip for colder weather.

What is Greek seasoning and why is it used for jewelry shows?

Greek seasoning is a blend of herbs and spices commonly used in Mediterranean cuisine. It is often used for jewelry shows because it adds a unique and enticing aroma to the venue, creating a more pleasant shopping experience for customers.

What can I use as a substitute for Greek seasoning at my jewelry show?

If you do not have Greek seasoning on hand, you can use a combination of dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, dried parsley, and garlic powder as a substitute. Simply mix these herbs together in equal parts and use as you would Greek seasoning.

Can I use fresh herbs as a substitute for Greek seasoning?

Yes, you can use fresh herbs as a substitute for Greek seasoning. However, keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different than using dried herbs. You can use a combination of fresh oregano, basil, thyme, parsley, and garlic to create a similar flavor profile.

Are there any store-bought alternatives to Greek seasoning?

Yes, there are several store-bought alternatives to Greek seasoning such as Italian seasoning, Herbes de Provence, or Mediterranean seasoning blends. These blends may vary slightly in flavor, so it is best to taste and adjust accordingly.

Can I make my own Greek seasoning for my jewelry show?

Yes, you can make your own Greek seasoning by combining dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. You can also adjust the quantities of each ingredient to suit your taste preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • AmyDare
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
PamperedK