• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamlining Recipe Demos: Is This Normal Consultant Practice?

In summary, with my busy September schedule, I am thinking about emailing a list of recipes to choose from to my hosts from now on. I am going to make the garlic bites standard, so the host could then choose a main dish or dessert as the main demo.
angmillar
Until now, I have allowed hosts to choose any recipe demo they want. I've given guidance when asked, but I've given the decision entirely up to them. But, with my busy September schedule, I just don't have the time to practice all the recipes hosts choose. (11 cooking shows could mean 11 new recipes... YIKES!)

So, I'm thinking about emailing a list of recipes to choose from to my hosts from now on... 3 main and 3 desserts. I think I will make the garlic bites standard, so the host could then choose a main dish or dessert as the main demo.

Question... Is this sort of thing most other consultants do??

Thanks as always!

I did this a while back, but have gotten away from it. I'm going to go back.

In fact, when I was doing this before, I actually gave them 1 choice: savory or sweet. I had 2 recipes each month, 1 savory and 1 sweet. That's it. Then my kit was packed and ready to go, and I could pick recipes that focused on the current guest special and future host special. Most people were OK with it, and I would work with them if there was an issue with the recipe (like allergies).

I give a choice of just a few. I get tired of always doing the same recipes myself & I also use most of my products at home, so I can't have a kit ready to go anyway.

For fall, I chose 3 recipes for each theme. I'm going to ask them to choose a theme in the first host coaching call so I can mail out invites with it (I'm doing the full page ones from HO). Then I'll give them the three choices for that theme & let them choose. I'm going to offer one extra recipe each month--trying to focus on future specials--that is already done.

Hmmm.... maybe I'll lower my choices. In fact, I think I'm sure I will. I think I'll do 2 main or 2 desserts.

I just don't want to be stressed out about show demos. I want to know them inside and out, ya know! I've only been in the biz for a less than 4 months, so I'm still very green!

For a long time now (2-3 years) I have given my hosts very little choice w/ recipe - I pretty much chose a couple recipes per month and then asked them if they wanted an appetizer show, or dessert show. Now, because I love all 3 of the theme shows for this season - and am already comfortable with several recipes - I think I'll offer more of a selection.

My reasoning behind choosing the recipe myself was so that I can make sure I am using a recipe that uses the most amount of products in the shortest amount of time. Whatever I am making, I want to make sure I am demoing the "Big 4" - Cookware, Stoneware, Forged Cutlery, and Simple Additions.

This is why I tested the Truffle Brownie Cups as one large brownie instead of in the mini muffin pan. I really like that pan - but would probably never do it as a demo recipe the way that it is written, because it doesn't meet my criteria. However, by making the brownie in the Med. Bar Pan, and toasting some almonds on the stove in the 8 in. saute pan - I feel much better about it as a demo recipe.
So - for the Fall - I am going to offer:
Bevs and Bites - Baked Brie or Mini Pesto Pizzas w/ Fizz
Real Food Real Fast - Chicken or Pork in DCB w/ Garlic Biscuits in Cookware
Chocolate Bliss - Truffle Brownies, Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, or Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie

With these recipes, even though I am offering more options than I normally do, I feel like I am still in control of my demo recipes.

I tried the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. Wow! are those sweet!!! Definitely serve with vanilla ice cream or even MILK. Anyone else out there have an opinion?

When I first started, I thought I needed to have a TON of recipes for them to choose from. I made myself nuts by doing not one, but two recipes for them. Then, I decided that instead of having a nervous breakdown (I am someone who, even though I cook and bake a ton on my own, wants to be "sure" of a recipe when I am demoing it!) I was going to change things.

I do ONE recipe at my demos. If it sounds like it's gonna be a HUGE party (12+ people) I may- at my own discretion and as a surpise usually- make something extra...garlic or cinnamon bites or beer bread and a dip. This way, if I don't have the time, my host is none the wiser. My sales have actually GONE UP since this change! Probably cuz I am more relaxed!

I think I will offer some of the theme shows (this is really the first season that I am in love with all of them!) with ONE recipe from each. So, if they want Real Food, Real Fast I will make the Pork (or chicken) Noodle Skillet. That way, I am not making myself nuts trying to figure out a demo for 12 different recipes!

That's what is great about PC- you can do what works for YOU!

Good luck!

chefjwr said:
I tried the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. Wow! are those sweet!!! Definitely serve with vanilla ice cream or even MILK. Anyone else out there have an opinion?

My opinion is different from most. (SHOCKING!) I don't care for them too much. I think they are okay served warm - but I also thought they were way too sweet. And I didn't care for them cold. I just think there are better chocolate recipes out there.

I am going to utilize the new theme shows this Fall.

I will offer 3 recipe choices: 1 from each category and the option to do the Raspberry punch or Cocoa.

I agree with Ann in that the easier it is on use to pack and demo a recipe - the easier it will be to show our guests how EASY the business is.

I try to stay more focused on product vs. the recipe...

I start by asking if they want a particular theme and then if they want a dessert or appetizer (that could become a main dish but for the show it's an appetizer). Depending on the answers I give them a choice or two but if nothing is hitting their fancy I ask what they might have in mind and if they have a particular ingredient they like or hate (like chocolate, chicken, ham, garlic...) and we go from there.

I like to do a variety of recipes but have found that lately everyone has picked the same 2 recipes and it is so easier for me to pack up so I think I will be changing things up a bit and giving less choices.

For my standard menu selections I change it each with each new product season. I offer 3 sweet, 3 appetizer and 3 main dish. I only do one recipe at a show. If a host insists on a 2nd, I do that during set up. I do often bring ingredients for a small amount of salsa fixings right now; in the fall I'll do the sweet bites.

I've never been able to bring myself to be a "this is the recipe of the month and this is what we are making" kind of gal...although I know successful folks who do this.

Funny thing though, most hosts tend to pick the same things so I really only tend to make 3-4 recipes throughout a season.

And then, of course, is the wonderful question from some hosts "what do you think I should make".....at that point I usually advise them the item that gets the most ooh's and ahhh's (and sells more products!).

For the upcoming fall season, these are my offerings:

Sweet: Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake, Nutty Caramel Brownies, Peach Melba Trifle

Appetizer: Baked Bried w/bread chips; Jerk Chicken Nachos, Pepperioni Pizza Twist

Main Dish: Savory Chicken & Veggies (30 minute microwave); Asian Pork Ramen Skillet Dinner; Tex-Mex Layered Chicken Salad

At the bottom of my menu listing sheet, I say "Theme Show Ideas Available...and then list several.

Wow, thanks. I am definitely getting some ideas.

I LOVE hearing everyone's way of doing things.... It helps a newbie like me tremendously!!

I

I offer 3 recipe choices. Right now, they are Spinach Artichoke Briad, Chicken Broccoli Braid and Three Cheese Garden Pizza. That's it! I also tell them that if they have 15 or more people AT their show they may choose a second recipe. These choices are Caramel Apple Dip, Creamy Chocolate Mousse Fondue or Mom's Apple Crisp. I put both of these sheets in my host packets with the "shopping list" needed for each recipe. I have never had a problem. Someone did request something different once.

In response to the warm nutty caramel brownie recipe post. I thought they were sweet too so I ammended the recipe a little bit. They are fantastic and you don't get the diabetes (as quickly).

Last edited:

1. How do I know which recipes to include in my demonstration?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to choose recipes that showcase the versatility and quality of our products. Consider selecting recipes that utilize multiple products and highlight different cooking methods. You can also ask your host or customers for their preferences and dietary restrictions to ensure everyone enjoys the demonstration.

2. Is it necessary to use Pampered Chef products for the recipe demos?

While it is not mandatory to use Pampered Chef products for your recipe demos, it is highly recommended. Our products are designed specifically for our recipes and provide the best results. Using our products in your demos also allows customers to see the quality and functionality firsthand.

3. How can I make my recipe demos more efficient and time-saving?

There are a few ways to streamline your recipe demos and save time. You can prep ingredients beforehand, use time-saving tools like our Quick Cooker or Food Chopper, and practice the recipe beforehand to ensure smooth execution. Additionally, using our Simple Slicer or other products that cut down on prep time can also help speed up the demo process.

4. What if a customer has questions or struggles with a recipe during the demo?

It is normal for customers to have questions or face challenges while following a recipe during a demo. As a consultant, you should be prepared to assist and guide them through any issues. You can also provide tips and tricks or share your personal experience with the recipe to help them overcome any obstacles.

5. Can I modify the recipes for dietary restrictions or personal preferences?

Yes, you can absolutely modify the recipes to accommodate dietary restrictions or personal preferences. It is important to communicate any changes to your customers during the demo and provide alternative options if needed. However, it is recommended to stick to the original recipe as closely as possible to showcase the true potential of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Usafwife10
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies