• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamlining Contact Info Management for Successful Prize Drawings

In summary, the author is looking for suggestions on how to maintain contact with potential hosts and/or guests. They have a file box with dividers for survey slips, index cards, and other information, and a set of dividers to keep track of who has been contacted and when. They also have a set of file dividers for taking notes on follow up calls. They have a set of order form, door prize, and memory dividers, and a lead binder to keep track of guests and hosts.
dwyerkim
I'm sure this has been discussed in the past but I'm new here so please forgive me! I would love suggestions on how to maintain the contact/prize drawing slips. I usually note right on my slips the date and results of follow up calls (like "left a message" or "call back in May"), but it is cumbersome to be going through piles of them to make calls. I also have piles of "not interested" that I don't want to pitch but I'm not sure where in the cycle they should go--like call them in 6 months, call in a year, ? I do have a phone log and if someone wants me to call back further out than a month, I write their info there, but then I still have the slip to deal with. Pitch it? File it? Help! Right now I have a huge pile of them on top of my printer... not a good system!

I have my slips sorted by show in a XL index card holder.... with the maybes and yes's at the front. That way I can flip through each tab and just look at the first 2-3 and get the info. Hope that helps! (Oh yeah, I also got the idea from here to write down all contact times and such on the back to keep track of them!)

I got this from a friend and have been using it, I love it!

BUSINESS IN A BOX

YOU WILL NEED:
- a 4 x 6 card file box which can fit the survey slips
- 1 set of January - December file dividers for the box
- 2 sets of 1-31 file dividers for the box
- A blank set of file dividers
- Blank index cards size 4" x 6"

TO ASSEMBLE:
1. Take the January - December cards and put into the file box.
2. Place set 1-31 in current month (month 1) and in the next month slot. If it is the 14th – take number 1-13 and put in the following month. You will become a rotating calendar.
3. Made a few other dividers to keep track of things:

1. Recruit Info cards – put into rotation if a task or follow up is needed.
2. Potential Recruits - put into rotation if a task or follow up is needed.
3. Potential Hosts - put into rotation if a task or follow up is needed.

FILLING THE BOX
• Fill out a Host Info sheet for each host and file under the date of your next follow up.
• After show, fill out Host info sheets and file along with entry slips according to follow up. Be sure to take notes on what you will be calling about on the back of each slip!
• Fill out an entry slip for EVERYONE you do not meet at a show so you can file them accordingly.
• When making follow up calls, take notes on entry alip or take notes on new sheets and file according to the day you will need to take action (i.e. follow up on an exchange or return, replacement , booking several month out, etc.)

It's easy to transport around, too!

Also look up business in a binder -- someone has a really good detailed thread on that method, too.

I shouldn't give advice considering I am drowning in paper but here is the theory of my paper tracking.

I transfer info from order form, door prize slips and memory into Pampered Partner using the notes section to write down about guest. If they might book a show, I use the print option in Pampered Partner to have a full sheet of info about guest. Then, I file under the month I want to call them, having a folder for "potential host." I also have 31 manila folders to have a tickler file to place papers as I call them but can't seem to remember to look on a daily basis.

there is a thread on here about a lead binder ... i think its a great idea and it eliminates the very messy when your making calls drawing slips. i'm just transfering everything over to a regular sheet of paper and hen throw out the drawing slip. and you can organize it any way you want ... seperating it into months to call, current mnth days etc, potential recruits, mailing list, booked a show, past hosts etc. i love it cuz everything is right in one spot and you dont have 50 little pieces of paper flying around when the dog comes running in or you have to pick up really quick when your child comes looking to grab something!!!

Our cluster started a lead binder in January, and I posted how we did it.

Basically, you take a blank piece of paper, write their name on top. Under that you write their contact info. Under that I write notes about them (examples: very busy with new baby, just had shoulder surgery, Mom is very sick, etc. , how many kids, whatever you might want to remember later, just to keep as reference ) At the bottom, I staple the Drawing slip.

Under the contact info, I write down show #, sales, host number, Date of show, and expiration of 10% discount.

This keeps all the info handy.

I have mine alphabetized by last name. Some like to keep a date index so they know whom to call.

You can pitch the no's or staple / tape several of them on a sheet of paper, just for reference until you get a better customer base.

Here is the thread on it. http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=18044

Hope this helps with all the little papers.

I started printing my own "Guest Care Cards" on card stock, so they're more stable. I do throw out the ones that I know are not interested, after I transfer their information into PP. Once I get on the ball about CCCs, I'll be in contact with them anyway!

The others I punch a hole in and put a little ring through them to make rotating, portable card files, one for current and recent hosts (for host-coaching on the go), and one for leads - hosting or recruiting, that I'm still trying to get an answer from. If someone tells me to call back in X months, I have an accordian file with months and I file their card in the appropriate month. I also write down contact info on the back.

These are the scribbled pages from the lead binder. I would like to make a nice cover, but haven't yet. Obviously, I made up the lead page, because I didn't want anyone's personal info on the internet, but it is made the same as all the others. Not sure how they will show up, but hopefully good enough to see.

Attachments

• lead cover.JPG
    lead cover.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 363
  • gibson lead page.JPG
    gibson lead page.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 376
THANK YOU for all the ideas! I think the lead binder might work best for me since I already started a phone log binder. MY phone log has tabs for the month (well, actually just one for each season b/c I ran out of tabs! :eek: ). For each month, I have a spreadsheet type page that has columns headed "date, name, number, connection (ie what show, fair, etc, did I meet them at), reason to call, result". So once i make that initial call from the drawing slip, or my customer care call, if we agree that I'll follow up in June, I just write down the person's name under June. But having read this, I now see that I can staple my maybe, interested, and preferred customer names to the bottom of a sheet of paper, and then let that paper float between the months of my binder rather than rewriting all the info each time! Genius! Thanks again!

I do really like the business in a box idea and love the portability of it, but since I'm already started on a binder this may be the way for me. And I'll just make a tab in the back for "no-no" people--maybe call those six months after their show to touch base and once they tell me to never call them again I can shred their card! :D

I write when I call them on their sheet also, and if and when I am supposed to call them again. I am also going to add my no's to one sheet per party (I think) and toss them as they say no again and again or as I get a better business base.

That is a good idea for the no's--group them all together and then pitch eventually if there is no interest.

What is the best way to update my contact information with Pampered Chef?

To update your contact information with Pampered Chef, you can log in to your online account and make changes directly. Alternatively, you can reach out to our customer service team and they will be happy to assist you in updating your information.

How often should I update my contact information with Pampered Chef?

We recommend updating your contact information with Pampered Chef whenever there is a change. This could include a change in your address, phone number, or email address. By keeping your contact information up to date, you ensure that you receive important updates and communication from us.

Can I have multiple contact information listed on my Pampered Chef account?

Yes, you can have multiple contact information listed on your Pampered Chef account. This is especially useful if you have a business and a personal contact information that you would like to keep separate.

How do I opt out of receiving marketing emails and texts from Pampered Chef?

If you would like to opt out of receiving marketing emails and texts from Pampered Chef, you can click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email or reply with "STOP" to the text message. You can also update your email and text preferences in your online account.

What should I do if I am not receiving any communication from Pampered Chef?

If you are not receiving any communication from Pampered Chef, please make sure that your contact information is up to date in your online account. If your information is correct and you are still not receiving communication, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tracyt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • DVasquez
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Shell Northway