• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Rough Day: Lost Contacts & Failed Driver's Test

In summary, today was a rough day all around. The first part of the day was spent trying to take care of some business on behalf of a friend, which required driving a long distance. After that, things went downhill when the contact slips from a recent fair that were clipped together with a pen were lost. Finally, the day ended with some good news when the contacts from another fair were still there.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Today has been a rough day all around.

I got up early this morning to take my SIL to take her driver's license test. She lives 25 miles from me. By the time we got to the exam station, I'd logged 45 miles on my car.

After she failed the test, she noticed I had dropped a stack of contacts from a recent fair, clipped together with a pen. I quickly picked them up and put them back in the catalog I'd taken from the car.

On the way back to work, I went to give said catalog to a customer, and removed the paperwork from it. The contact slips were nowhere to be found.

Called the license bureau. All is not lost. Just some. They had found five of my contacts. The rest (probably about five more) had blown away.

They can't mail them to me so I won't be able to get them until she re-takes the test on Oct. 5.

According to my cel phone, I made seven calls to potential customers. Some of them were contacts from another fair, which I think I left at home. I sent a text to another contact, who is deaf. Others I called from my home phone and some I had not called at all yet. But I do not have names to go with any of these. So I have to say I "misplaced" the paper with their name on it.

At least I can comfort myself with the knowledge that all of these people got a book with my name and contact number on it ....

(((Hugs))) That stinks. At least you didn't lose all of your contacts you've accumulated in a P3 crash or something. I hope some of those contacts call you.

Sorry girl! :(

Thanks!

Well, got home and at least my handful of contacts from another fair were still there! And at least I called them on my cel so they're in my caller ID, for the most part. I do plan to try again and say I've "misplaced" the paper with their names. I'm sure they'd be upset if they knew their personal information was at the bottom of someone's tire 45 miles away!

Hi there! Sorry to hear that you had a rough day. It sounds like you had a lot going on, especially with your SIL's driver's license test and trying to keep track of your contacts at the fair. It's great that the license bureau was able to find some of them for you, and hopefully the rest will turn up soon. In the meantime, try not to stress too much about the ones that got away - like you said, at least they all have your book with your contact information. Keep up the great work and stay positive!

What is the meaning behind the song "Blowing in the Wind"?

The song "Blowing in the Wind" was written by Bob Dylan in the 1960s during the civil rights movement. The lyrics of the song explore deep questions about war, peace, and freedom, and the constant struggle for equality and justice. Many people interpret the song as a call for social and political change.

Who originally recorded "Blowing in the Wind"?

The song was first recorded by Bob Dylan himself in 1962 for his album "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan." Since then, it has been covered by numerous artists, including Peter, Paul and Mary, Joan Baez, and Stevie Wonder.

What other notable events has "Blowing in the Wind" been associated with?

The song has been performed at various significant events, including the March on Washington in 1963 and the Woodstock Festival in 1969. It has also been used as an anthem for various social and political movements, such as the anti-war movement and the civil rights movement.

What inspired Bob Dylan to write "Blowing in the Wind"?

Bob Dylan has stated that he wrote the song after being influenced by the traditional spiritual "No More Auction Block." He also drew inspiration from the poetry of artists like Woody Guthrie and the biblical stories of Jesus and Abraham.

Has "Blowing in the Wind" won any awards?

Yes, the song has won multiple awards over the years, including a Grammy Hall of Fame Award in 1999 and a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 1991 for Bob Dylan's contributions to music. It has also been inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • jcsmilez
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • WendyE