• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Clear on the 3 Contacts a Day

In summary, the definition of a "contact" in terms of the 3 contacts a day goal is a live person who is either asked to host a show or offered the recruiting opportunity. However, each individual has the freedom to make their own definition and count other forms of communication as contacts, such as customer care calls or host coaching calls. Ultimately, the important thing is to have a daily goal and make connections with potential hosts and recruits.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Okay, so I am really wanting to get to business in 2008 and do my 3 contacts a day consistantly. I'm just wondering what a "contact" is considered. Is it a whole new person you've never talked to about the business? Is a host coaching call or a follow-up call with a guest interested in a show a contact? Are customer care calls considered contacts?

I just don't want to cheat by telling myself that I've made a contact, when in fact, it's not really considered a contact. Am I making any sense?? :rolleyes:

Gee, can I say the word "contact" anymore?!? LOL

My Definition is a live person. So, if I do a show...I have met my 3 contacts that day. CCCalls count, OOB calls count, anything as long as it is three live people a day.

Robin

I am really glad you asked that question as I have wondered myself...I think a live person is a good idea vs. voice mail and emails, but I wonder too if calling past hosts and customers count in the sense that 1)they should since that is the best place to start and 2)each day you won't just up and meet folks you can talk to! I guess I answered my own question, huh!

I count my 3 contacts as CC calls, booking calls, people I meet at shows, people I meet when I am out and about - as long as I get their contact info - and host coaching calls, if I am presenting the opposrtunity during the call.I don't count it as one of my 3 contacts if I talk to an answering machine, or just leave an email.

I don't include host coaching as a contact. I do count following up with a guest that marked "interested" on their DPDS.

ChefBeckyD said:
I count my 3 contacts as CC calls, booking calls, people I meet at shows, people I meet when I am out and about - as long as I get their contact info - and host coaching calls, if I am presenting the opposrtunity during the call.

I don't count it as one of my 3 contacts if I talk to an answering machine, or just leave an email.

Same here. Like Becky, I only count host coaching if I am offering the opportunity during the call. If I do a show and there are 3 or more people there, I count that as my contacts (and if I have time during that day to make calls, I do try to make some as well). If I do a booth, I count those as contacts for the day as well. I do not count answering machines or e-mails as making contacts.

Thanks for the tips! I'll feel alot better about the contacts I make each day now! :)

I definitely count my host coaching calls because I'm so reticent to do them that I need the extra incentive. When my hosp. director offered a 3-2-1 challenge in Sept, I personally challenged myself to 5 a day (live contacts of any kind). This practice caused my business to blossom! I've got 8 cooking and 2 catalog shows on my Januaary calendar, and I've recruited 7 consultants since last July!

I found that when I simplified my definition of "contact," it took the pressure off to the point where I was willing to pick up the phone.

That's great Gretchen! I can definitely see how that could work. I think for me though, it would allow me to get into a rut of only calling the people that will more likely talk to me. For me, I need the pressure of talking to someone who doesn't have a show on the books.

It's so awesome that we can represent the same company and product, but work our business how it fits best for us individually! I love PC!!

According to Jean your 3 contacts only count (if you're using PC definition) if you talk to a live person and ask them to host a show or offer the recruiting opportunity.
Don't forget that this is your very own business and you may run it your way. Make your own 3-2-1 to fit your life and to make your business grow the way you want it to grow. If you want to count CCC's and Host coaching calls, that's up to you.

Related to Getting Clear on the 3 Contacts a Day

1. What does "Getting Clear on the 3 Contacts a Day" mean?

"Getting Clear on the 3 Contacts a Day" is a method used by Pampered Chef consultants to help them stay on track with their business goals. It involves making at least 3 new contacts or connections every day to help grow your business.

2. How do I track my 3 contacts a day?

There are various ways to track your 3 contacts a day, such as using a contact tracking sheet, creating a list on your phone or computer, or using a planner or calendar. The important thing is to choose a method that works best for you and make sure to consistently keep track of your contacts.

3. Can I count online contacts as part of my 3 a day?

Yes, online contacts can definitely be counted as part of your 3 contacts a day. This can include reaching out to new people on social media, engaging with potential customers through email, or connecting with other business owners in online communities.

4. What should I say when making my 3 contacts a day?

When making your 3 contacts a day, it's important to keep your message simple and genuine. Introduce yourself, mention your business and how you can help others, and ask if they would be interested in learning more. Remember to be friendly and respectful, and always follow up with any interested contacts.

5. Is there a specific time of day I should make my 3 contacts?

No, there is no specific time of day that you should make your 3 contacts. The key is to make it a daily habit and find a time that works best for you. Some consultants prefer to make their contacts in the morning, while others may find success in reaching out during the evening. Find a routine that fits your schedule and stick with it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sfdavis918
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • PChefPEI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • pcsharon1