• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I effectively track and organize my contacts for my business shows?

In summary, the author is struggling with how to organize and track their contacts. They use PP, but don't find it particularly useful. They considered creating an Excel spreadsheet to track the show they went to, show date, products purchased, personal info, and follow-up notes, but this seems like a lot of extra work. They are finding themselves digging thru rec'ts for info, even though they know it is in
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I know that this was discussed before, but I’m still struggling with trying to figure out how to organize and track my contacts!!! I use PP, but don’t find it particularly useful for this.

Right now, I keep copies of all my receipts and each show is stapled together. I make CCC from those receipts. My fear now is that I will call the same person twice without really realizing it, because they have attended more then one show. (Okay, just had a "light bulb" moment as I was re-reading my post....I could separate out the shows and file by guest....something to think about!)

I considered creating an Excel spreadsheet to track the show they went to, show date, products purchased, personal info, and follow-up notes. But, this seems like a lot of extra work (which is one of my specialties, BTW!! :rolleyes:)

I’d just like to hear, in as much detail as possible (I am very visual, so detail helps!) as to what you do to track contacts.

If you do use PP to do this, what do you do? I may just need to play with it a little more. Or, can I export each show's info into Excel??

Help!!! I’m stuck……… :eek: :cry:

Funny you should post this. I'm trying to do that right now. In fact, I just printed all of my contacts & will be comparing my contacts between mediums (outlook, P3 and customer connection online). Yes, it's time consuming, but I need to do it! With all that said, I have no idea how I'm going to do this, just know that I do!

I am having tha same dilemma. I find PP too confusing (why is everything adobe?) and tedious.
My regular email will only allow me to send 100 emails at a time, so it takes me 3 hours to send a newsletter.
I am not particularly fond of PWS, and the fact you cannot personalize the emails.
I am finding myself digging thru rec'ts for info, even though I know it is in PP -- but only if I added them as a contact (another tedious task - it should be automatic).
I keep a file box an my desk w/CCCs, but that stays organized for about 2 shows worth of paper, and I have to start over.
I would love to hear suggestions as to how to handle this.

I am in the process of switching to the Binder system (Thanks Janice) I have a binder for Future Hostesses- and it has monthly page dividers Jan - Dec, then when I have a lead (DPS, note) I staple the entire slip to a piece of lined paper, and place it in the front of the binder. If they tell me they want to book in Oct, I tell them I will call 1st of September to set a date, and then file it in the Sept section. Once they book, I write all the info to Host information sheet, put it in my current host binder, then throw the slip of paper away. if I am still trying to reach them, phone tag, etc It stays in the front of the binder, and I write notes as to when I cld, left message, etc- i keep them there until the tell me, NO NEVER, then I throw them away. Once they have the show, I file the host info sheet in my past host binder, alphabetically

WONDEFUL topic!!! As an organized messy person, this still is a challenge after 8 years!!

What I have learned....keep using any system you can until something seems to work for you. We all organize differently.

I have binders right now labeled:
each has dividers by month
Bookings
Recruiting
Coaching
I will need to get another called Meetings and I may need a Customer Care one too.

So far they seem to be keeping me on track, but I still need a system that will reach a hand out of the computer and whack me up side the head to remind me of specific things to do!!

Also I will attach a worksheet I have made up for following up on bookings.

Also, not sure if you are on P3, but I find it much easier to track what an indivisual has purchased.

Attachments

• Booking Follow Up.doc
    56.5 KB · Views: 341
I have continually struggled with this but have finally found freedom in a program called Bento (for macs). It is a file management program of which there are many PC friendly alternatives ie. ACT! by Sage, File Maker Pro etc. If you are a computer person you will definitely benefit from researching some of these options and checking out the free trial that most have available.I love this method because it is both computer and paper - I can print out my weekly contact list but very quickly have access to anyone any time. I have made a database that includes Name address, etc. where I met them, booking lead, recruit lead, seasonal event contact, wedding registry, fundraiser. I also include wish list items, purchases, last contact and next contact time. I love this because I can then search for anything -- all my recruit leads for this awesome promotion, anyone that purchased or wanted chillzanne to let them know it's being retired, etc. I can also instantly pull everyone that has requested a newsletter and upload them to IContact - very nice. For just regular customer care calls I can search for "next contact time" within a certain range of dates - that way I don't "lose" anyone.I'm sorry if this is long; I am such visual person and also a bit wordy - it is difficult for me to explain how amazing it is succinctly. :)Imagine though, that You can sync with outlook, apple mail etc.
Upload to Icontact, Constant Contact etc (through a csv file)
Import from P3
Create a Spreadsheet (through a csv file)
create a daily/weekly contact list or task list etc.Hopefully, I explained it well enough - if anyone has any questions just let me know. :)

Tristen,

What is the program name that you use?

Thank you for all of this information. This sounds like it would be up my alley and work really nice.

Ashley Smith

You guys have given me a lot of great info to work with. I think I will start by pulling all my information together. It will be time consuming to organize it all, but I do believe totally worth it in the end!

Tristen...thanks for the info....not too wordy at all!! I NEED wordy!! :D I think I will have to invest in a file management program. I also use iContact, so I'll have to keep in mind the uploading feature! I have checked out ACT! quite a while ago, so I'll have to take another look.

Keep the ideas comin'!!! :D

Does Canada have P3? If so I HIGHLY recommend switching. there's an "Order History" section of the contact information and it lists everything they ever bought and with what show...you can even sort it by what's still under warranty.

P3 is always improving...if you haven't switched, you must. It's been a lifesaver for me! I'm totally unorganized and this just does it automatically for me.

Hi everyone.At the risk of sounding like a crazy sales pitch, I have to offer my suggestion for anyone looking for what I believe is the best solution out there on this topic.I use a fantastic online contact management system developed specifically for network marketers called http://www.oprius.com/affiliate.php?ref=94188&renegade=1... I have been in the industry for 11 years, and have searched for something like this. It gives you the ability to do absolutely EVERYTHING!* Contact Manager (unlimited contacts)
* Calendar Management
* Relationship Builders (Look at this feature very closely! It has saved me from dropping the ball several times)
* Web-based Email (with IMAP and POP capabilities)
* Autoresponders for automated followup with your list of contacts
* Webpage templates & hosting (no additional charge)
* And basically everything else a person in our industry needs to be organized.They also have an affiliate program where you get a referral commission from anyone else you refer (ie your cluster & team).Their customer service is above and beyond anything you would ever expect. In fact, if you need help, just call Jovan and tell him that I referred you to him. He is truly AMAZING.Here's my personal link http://www.oprius.com/affiliate.php?ref=94188&renegade=1And the 30-day free trial is JUST THAT! Free for 30 days... You don't have to provide any form of "future payment" info. You just sign up for 30 days, and after that 30 days, they deactivate your login if you decide not to upgrade the account.Feel free to PM me if you want any other info or personal feedback.Enjoy!
Cyndi

Chefstover2 said:
Does Canada have P3? If so I HIGHLY recommend switching. there's an "Order History" section of the contact information and it lists everything they ever bought and with what show...you can even sort it by what's still under warranty.

P3 is always improving...if you haven't switched, you must. It's been a lifesaver for me! I'm totally unorganized and this just does it automatically for me.

Unfortunately, we don't have P3 in Canada...yet anyway!

CyndiWilliams said:
Hi everyone.

At the risk of sounding like a crazy sales pitch, I have to offer my suggestion for anyone looking for what I believe is the best solution out there on this topic.

I use a fantastic online contact management system developed specifically for network marketers called http://www.oprius.com/affiliate.php?ref=94188&renegade=1... I have been in the industry for 11 years, and have searched for something like this. It gives you the ability to do absolutely EVERYTHING!

* Contact Manager (unlimited contacts)
* Calendar Management
* Relationship Builders (Look at this feature very closely! It has saved me from dropping the ball several times)
* Web-based Email (with IMAP and POP capabilities)
* Autoresponders for automated followup with your list of contacts
* Webpage templates & hosting (no additional charge)
* And basically everything else a person in our industry needs to be organized.

They also have an affiliate program where you get a referral commission from anyone else you refer (ie your cluster & team).

Their customer service is above and beyond anything you would ever expect. In fact, if you need help, just call Jovan and tell him that I referred you to him. He is truly AMAZING.

Here's my personal link http://www.oprius.com/affiliate.php?ref=94188&renegade=1

And the 30-day free trial is JUST THAT! Free for 30 days... You don't have to provide any form of "future payment" info. You just sign up for 30 days, and after that 30 days, they deactivate your login if you decide not to upgrade the account.

Feel free to PM me if you want any other info or personal feedback.

Enjoy!
Cyndi

Okay, so were you reading my mind or something??? :p I was just online researching my different options, and was going to post asking if anyone uses Oprius. Thanks for the info, Cyndi! :)

Last edited:
PChefPEI said:
Okay, so were you reading my mind or something??? :p I was just online researching my different options, and was going to post asking if anyone uses Oprius. Thanks for the info, Cindy! :)

Too Funny!

You are very welcome! I hope you find it beneficial and helpful.

Happy Thursday,
Cyndi

I am so old school. When I worked in Microscope sales, I love Act to manage my business, but I do not use it any more. I hate typing things in twice and I do not always take my computer with me when I am out so it is harder to make quick follow up calls. What I do now is a tickler file. It is basically a shoe box. I have dividers going the long way of the box with Jan, Feb, Mar... and 1-31. When the customers fill out their guest care cards, I tape the ones that I need to follow up with on a piece of paper (8.5x11) fold it in half and put it in the box behind the day that I need to follow up. When I look at my box, I know who needs to be contacted. After I contact them I write a note on the paper and then put the contact out to the next day that I need to contact them. I can take the day's worth of contacts with me if I know I will have time to make follow up calls when I am out and about. If I have shows booked, I use a host contact form that I have. I also have contact information forms if I meet someone not a show. I have attached them here.

As I work along, I move the numbers to the next month as I complete them for the present month. I actually have two 1-31 number sets. It is pretty basic and not pretty, but it works for me and I feel like I am really on top of my follow ups

Attachments

• catalog host information sheets.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 375
  • contact information sheets.doc
    34 KB · Views: 320
  • host information sheets.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 330
cookingwithlove said:
I am so old school. When I worked in Microscope sales, I love Act to manage my business, but I do not use it any more. I hate typing things in twice and I do not always take my computer with me when I am out so it is harder to make quick follow up calls. What I do now is a tickler file. It is basically a shoe box. I have dividers going the long way of the box with Jan, Feb, Mar... and 1-31. When the customers fill out their guest care cards, I tape the ones that I need to follow up with on a piece of paper (8.5x11) fold it in half and put it in the box behind the day that I need to follow up. When I look at my box, I know who needs to be contacted. After I contact them I write a note on the paper and then put the contact out to the next day that I need to contact them. I can take the day's worth of contacts with me if I know I will have time to make follow up calls when I am out and about. If I have shows booked, I use a host contact form that I have. I also have contact information forms if I meet someone not a show. I have attached them here.

As I work along, I move the numbers to the next month as I complete them for the present month. I actually have two 1-31 number sets. It is pretty basic and not pretty, but it works for me and I feel like I am really on top of my follow ups

I think old fashion is great if it works for you. Sounds like it is! My diliema has always been being torn between the old fashion and the high-tech. I'm a gadgets person (but just don't have them all! :rolleyes:), but like you, I don't always have my computer close by, as I only have a desktop...no laptop (yet! :D). But, I figure I will marry the two systems and make it work for me. If I keep an updated list of contacts that need to be made, then I can print off a weekly list for myself and go from there. Will see how it goes!

Thanks for the forms....those are great! :)

What are the best methods for tracking all of my contacts?

1. Utilize a contact management system: This can be a digital tool or a physical planner to keep track of all your contacts in one place.

2. Categorize your contacts: Organize your contacts into different categories such as customers, potential customers, hosts, and leads. This will make it easier to keep track of specific groups.

3. Take notes: Make sure to write down any important information or details about your contacts that will help you remember them and personalize your interactions.

4. Set reminders: Use a calendar or reminder system to keep track of important dates and follow-ups with your contacts.

5. Regularly update your contact list: Make sure to regularly review and update your contact list to keep it accurate and relevant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • jcsmilez
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • PamperedK