• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Start a Pampered Chef Club: Creative Ideas!

In summary, the author suggests starting a Pampered Chef club with a hostess who rotates monthly to receive rewards. The author suggests charging for the club, either through a fundraiser or through selling products.
I've been brainstorming this cooking club thing for a while now...since I was invited to a Stampin' Up club. My husband and I were really trying to figure out how it could work...and it's pretty much been hit on here. But here are some ideas for themes...in case anyone is interested or needs some ideas. If you don't like my 'name' you can change it...but this will give you some ideas on what you could do to make it fun and different.
Appealing Appetizers
Completely Chocolate
Decadent Desserts
Elegant Eating (recipes for this could easily come from the Fall/Winter 2006 SB or the Cooking for Two)
Family Favorites
Hot & Healthy
Irresistible Italian
Kids in the Kitchen
Mexican Madness
Super Salads

Just some thoughts.

What a great way to sell cookbooks as part of the monthly purchases. I'll have to borrow my director's cookbooks to work on those projects. Keep the ideas and recipes coming and I'll keep updating documents or adding new ones.

Well their are many differnt ways that you can come up with differnt ideas yes our catalog has 47 pages....versus a think scrapbooking idea book. BUT everyone can always use differnt ideas to cook differnt recipies, fun holiday themes, your always gaureented a night out, and everyone has an opportunity to host a show, and reep the benefits for that month!!!Their are many things that we can do as consultants to help boost our business.

Chef Kearns said:
A couple of years ago a friend of mine did this with her PC business. At first it went okay, but the ladies quickly burnt out. Unlike Scrapbooking there aren't new ideas each time. Our catalog is only 47 pages long not 400, so people do run out of things to buy. Doing it month to month is too much (just from watching someone else attempt this). It would be better to space it out every other month or every 3rd month. Especially since our catalog changes 2x a year.

It is a fablulous idea though. Much luck!

Okay...I just read page 2 of this thread. I can't remember who posted about their recruit, but she had great ideas on how to keep it fresh each month with a theme. Teaching them something like a cooking class should keep them interested. Great idea!

I just sent this email to the test kitchen. I'll let you know what I hear back.

Hi, I wondered if you could help me out. I and a few other consultants have talked about doing "make and take cooking clubs" that would meet monthly. We are trying to come up with 24 recipes that would be good frozen and reheated (or frozen prior to baking). I wondered if you could help with this by suggesting good recipes for this. Also do any of our recipes have freeze and reheating suggestions?

I am a new consultant and do not have many cookbooks yet but do have access to them.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

I wonder how long before you hear anything back. I have someone who feels she has an easy 5 or 6 friends who will want to do this so I'm hoping for lots of choices. I used to be on a one a month cooking meal loop... I'll have to search my files for what I gleaned from there as well. Thanks for all you work on this.

quiverfull7 said:
I wonder how long before you hear anything back. I have someone who feels she has an easy 5 or 6 friends who will want to do this so I'm hoping for lots of choices. I used to be on a one a month cooking meal loop... I'll have to search my files for what I gleaned from there as well. Thanks for all you work on this.

It would be great if you can find those recipes and share. I'll also go through some books I have for freezing suggestions.

I was part of a Stampin' Up thing similar to what everyone is talking about called Stamper's 12. It was 12 months long.
My opinion 12 months is too long. I would do 6 months at a time.
1. You don't have to get 12 people to committ to spending that much money/month.
2. Life changes fast and you don't know your financial situation 12 months down the road.
3. New products come out every six months. You could kick off the group/club with the new products.
4. If you have more than 6 people, for every 6 people you could have another show.
5. You wouldn't have to come up with as many ideas for different shows.

Also, the club I was in, you didn't have to have a show.
You could just use the orders from the club and pick your free products
do a catalogue show and get outside orders on your own (if you wanted more free products)
do a party and invite friends outside the club so everyone can enjoy and again get more free products.

I apologize if someone has already suggested any of these, there are a lot of pages to this thread.

Dinner ClubMight want to spin it a little and call it a Dinner Club and the First round of themes could be Tastes from around the world
First meeting- Appetizers from the Orient- January
Second meeting-Irish Stews for Lunch dishes- March
Third meeting-Sweet and simple Italian desserts-May
Fourth meeting-American Pies all the way-July
Fifth meeting-Viva Mexico for main dishes
Sixth meeting- All the worlds a stage cookie walk!

Ok Maybe I have to much time on my hands this am and it may sound corny but I might go along something along these lines for my shows next year

Have a great day everyone!

Great ideas all. I like the dinner around the world idea - sounds like a different flyer is needed.

Diner's Club FlyerHow about something like this with a little letter explaining the club idea first.

Flora

Attachments

• diners club flyer.doc
    125 KB · Views: 354
Flyer looks good. Definetely need to add an explanation for how it works.

I sent an e-mail to the activities director at my community asking if i could rent a room in the town center once it opens (december.) this is what she wrote.

Sarah,

I think a cooking club would be a wonderful idea. Would you like to be the chair committee member for this new club? I can put your information in the next newsletter (December) and hopefully we'll get some ladies that way. We have not received an updated date as far as the opening of the town center but once we do we'll let everyone know. We can either use the unfurnished Cayman Model or rotate someone's home each time like the book clubs. Let me know what you think!

Thanks
Michelle

How can i modify this for the whole community? This doesnt seem to be the same thing as having people commit to spending $30 a month on products. let me know if you have any thoughts.

Hostess CLUBI actually ran my pampered chef business this way for a long time. Here is how I did my club.

First Option:

12 People $25 each month required purchase (most purchased more depending on who the hostess was for the month)
Some people just purchased that in gift certificates to save up for the big items they wanted.

NO ACTUAL SHOW was held unless the hostess wanted to...orders were sent to me (the consultant) via email or phone and most purchases were done on the same credit card each month.

Hostess rotates so that 1 time during the year each person received $40 free plus 1/2 price item. Each hostess gets a booking for the hostess for the following month so they then also get the hostess special for the following month.

Second Option:

6 People, 6 months...same as above except the required purchase amount is higher ($50 instead of $25) and only runs for six months at a time.

The benefits of this is that you always have a $300 month, not just a minimum of $150 and it allows your customers to BUDGET this is EVERY MONTH! Works great and people love it because they don't have to clean, shop, invite, etc.

If you are wanting just a consistent business this is a great way to do that. If you are wanting bookings and higher sales you will not get them from this. This could be your foundation and build on this through other shows to get bookings and higher sales. Let me know if you have any questions!

I like the idea about the club. I was thinking maybe call it a collections club.One for Stoneware and One for Simple Additions. That way you could have 2 different shows per month. Let the customer decide which one to attend or both. Have a mystery host, and pick a recipe that best displays the products ability. Something like that could work I think. Have to work on it though. You guys have given me a great start at new kinds of shows.
Thanks!!!!

How Awesome :)
pmprdprettyinsnj said:
How about something like this with a little letter explaining the club idea first.

Flora

I love this, THANKS MOMMY HUGS AND EVERYONE INVOLVED. Even If I don't do this, not sure I could whip this up in an evening or not, Must get my new house in order first and haven't done that either!!!! LOL

Anyways, I love coming here and all this brainstorming is really GREAT.

Hope everyone shares their stories after the fact too.

liz

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • amcclanaghan
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
amcclanaghan