• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stamps.com Review: Pros and Cons of Using Their Postage Printing Service

In summary, Tara found stamps.com to be not cost effective for mailing and found other similar services that are cheaper. Carolyn found stamps.com to be more cost effective for mailing.
Tara1021
Stamps.com? I got a thingy in the mail today and am intrigued. What do you print the postage on? Do you have to buy labels from them or can you use your own?

Just looking for some feedback!

TIA!

Tara

I looked into stamps.com. I didn't like the fees they charge. I use usps.com (the official US Postal Service website). I can print labels with postage on plain paper and tape them to packages, find zip codes, figure postage, etc. There are no added fees for these services.The one big limitation to usps.com is that labels can only be printed for express or priority mail. However, I like sending my kits priority, and when I do that from usps.com, I get free confirmation.

Yeah. I was wondering how this works too. How to you know how much postage you need? Do you weigh the mail? With what? I am clueless.

I think stamps.com is not cost effective for the amount of mailing we do.

I also use usps.com to mail host packets. The weight doesn't matter because they are flat rate envelopes.

If I am mailing something that is not going "flat rate" I weigh it on my postal scale. My packets on the most part go our "flat rate" priority mail.

I loved stamps.com before the fees went up so high. I love being able to print out postage stamps and if you needed one for 2 or 3 oz for example you could do it without paying more than you needed to. I am now just using up what money I have left in it and am going to drop it completely unless overnight I get so much business coming my way that it will pay for itself. (dream on, Harriet!)

I thought yo ucould use USPS for first class and parcel post as well?

dannyzmom said:

I know that they will pick up for first class & parcel post - but only if you also have something priority or express going out at the same time....

dannyzmom said:
I believe you can, Carolyn, I just know from my experience that to print an individual stamp(lets say 2 oz) it was easier on stamps.com than USPS.

I am using stamps.com, but still in the evaluation phase. I print out on labels or blank paper and mail. At least during the initial sign up, I have saved money over USPS (since they gave free postage and allow you to print stamps for the normal first class and postcard rates). I bought a $10 scale at staples or office depot to weigh the envelopes/packages to determine the correct postage.

You can ALWAYS ship from your home at USPS (even with stamps.com postage), you just put the packages out in your mailbox with the flag raised -- they won't make a "special" pick-up but will pick up when they deliver your mail.

Thanks for the info! The offer i got in the mail offers a free scale and $45 in free postage as well as a $5 supply kit. I think I'll just stick to usps b/c it does cost 15.99 a month after the first month.

1. Anyone use the Pampered Chef Rockcrok?

Yes, many people have used the Pampered Chef Rockcrok and have had great results. It is a versatile and durable cookware that is perfect for a variety of dishes.

2. Does anyone use the Pampered Chef Garlic Press?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Garlic Press is a popular tool for mincing garlic quickly and easily. It is also easy to clean and has a comfortable grip.

3. Anyone use the Pampered Chef Pizza Stone?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Pizza Stone is a favorite among home cooks for making crispy and delicious pizzas. It is also great for baking breads and other dishes.

4. Does anyone use the Pampered Chef Food Chopper?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Food Chopper is a handy tool for chopping vegetables, nuts, and other ingredients. It is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

5. Anyone use the Pampered Chef Mix N Chop?

Yes, many people use the Pampered Chef Mix N Chop for easily breaking up ground meat and mixing ingredients together. It is also perfect for making homemade guacamole or salsa.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Chef Endora
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies