• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Squeezable Dips in Decorator Bottles

In summary, Debbie suggests using the Decorator Bottles to put dip in to squeeze onto crackers or chips sort of like the commercial canned cheese my kids LOVE to bug me into buying... it costs a fortune... I know I saw it suggested somewhere... and I want to demo them that was as an alternative use but I don't know what dips to use... any and all ideas on this subject are welcomed!!!!!!
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Hey... was it on this board that someone mentioned using the Decorator Bottles to put dip in to squeeze onto crackers or chips sort of like the commercial canned cheese my kids LOVE to bug me into buying... it costs a fortune... I know I saw it suggested somewhere... and I want to demo them that was as an alternative use but I don't know what dips to use... any and all ideas on this subject are welcomed!!!!!! I know the subject line of squeezing dips may be a lead in for an automatic thread heist but oh well... that could be fun too as long as somewhere along the way I get some recipes! :)

LOL
Yea, I think you are pretty brave!
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, either...
Would normal dips work (you know, like our dill mix with sour cream and mayo) or would those be too runny?

dipsWow this is a great idea:
Here are a few I would like to try in my decorator bottles:

Hummus
Guacomole dip
velveeta dip
Dill mix dip
Anything with cream cheese

If you want I can post the actual recipes. I just wanted to give you some ideas.

I guess I would try to make them a little thicker than usual so they wouldn't just run out all over the crackers, bread, sandwich, etc...

Debbie :D

I have never thought of that before but that is a cool idea....

I would LOVE the recipes...velveeta dip
Dill mix dip
Anything with cream cheese

I'm going in so many directions this week... I need to stop and focus but I don't know if I can. This should be a really fun party and I'm excited about it... Thanks so much for suggestions. I hope it will work out well... I would LOVE to have something that my kids would like enough to replace that gross canned cheese and I know that most of that is just the squirting!

A cream cheese based dip would make very pretty toppers on crackers or cherry tomatoes or cucumbers or ......I could go on.(think EAD only smaller because of those tips)

If you purchase a tip with a larger opening (at a craft or cake decorating supply store), you can use a slightly thicker dip.I haven't tried it, but you could proably mix softened cream cheese with finely shredded cheese and a little mayo (to thin it). Season as desired.

Genius! It's always fun to squeeze stuff onto crackers. (Go ahead. Hit me with your best shot. I can take it.) I never would have thought of using the decorator bottle set for that. It would work whether you were letting people do their own or doing it ahead of time so your appetizers would look pretty.Again, I say GENIUS!

Awesome idea!! Cheez Whiz!

And Rae...I'm not gonna touch THAT one...maybe KG has something to squeeze onto your crackers...oops I think I might have touched it...

chefann said:
If you purchase a tip with a larger opening (at a craft or cake decorating supply store), you can use a slightly thicker dip.

I haven't tried it, but you could proably mix softened cream cheese with finely shredded cheese and a little mayo (to thin it). Season as desired.

I would suggest a #20 star tip or #199 - very decorative and easy to clean.

Y'all are so wonderful... I'm so creatively challenged... I'm thinking if I did the finely grated sharp cheese or extra sharp and some mayo ... a bit of cayenne pepper and chop some pimentos finely in the chopper we'd have ... pimento squeeze cheese??? That would use the microplane grater, food chopper, cutting board, scrapers/spreaders and the decorator bottles.... I'm going to give that a shot... I'd love additional dip/squeeze ideas ... there'a another opening for KG isn't it... :) I'm trying to think of another flavor ... maybe jsut the cream cheese/mayo and southwest seasoning??? Thanks everyone!

Make dinner fun for the kids too......you could also put Ketchup (although I'm not so sure it wouldn't discolor them), Mustard, Ranch dressing, other condiments that the kids would love.

I love the idea of a cream cheese spread w/ some dill mix and garlic.....and then hollow out some cherry tomatoes with the core n more, and fill with the mixture....chop some fresh parsley or snip some chives and sprinkle on top....how pretty and easy that would be! And I never thought of it before - thanks for this thread!!!! Oh Oh Oh - and you could do the same thing on some cucumber slices!!! mmmm.....I'm gonna have to try this today now!

I'm LOVING all these ideas! I wish I could remember where the initial idea was from... maybe it's from my cluster loop... anyway... y'all have expanded on it greatly! Please keep the ideas flowing! THanks!!!!!!!!!

Mean Mr. Mustard!Caution: Mustard will stain your Decorator Bottles!

And I think that's all I've got to contribute so far. I'll go have a cup of coffee and try again later. : )

Pampered_Marcia said:
Caution: Mustard will stain your Decorator Bottles!

And I think that's all I've got to contribute so far. I'll go have a cup of coffee and try again later. : )

"Mean Mr. Mustard!" Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! That literally made me LOL!

Love all these ideas! How great would that be for an open house? Instead of putting the dip on their plate, they can squeeze it right onto their crackers! Perfect! Thanks for thinking of this!

that would work for sour cream and guacamole on tacos or fajitas

what a good idea!!

thank you for sharing!!
Heather

oh!!! how about jellies and sauces to decorate the dessert plates like all the fancy resturants and chefs do!!!
You know like the ones you see on food nework!!

Heather

you guys are so fun and creative. Can someone please tell me how to fill these bottles? I know you can fill a baggie somehow, but whenever I mentioned that to my friend who likes to bake she said why would she use these if they required an extra step that the decorator bags don't require? Any help on what to say to that? or is there an easier way to fill these that my non creative brain is missing?

And I love the dip ideas!!!! (if I can figure out how to fill them)

I just use a butter knife to squish the frosting (or, in this case, dip) inside.

Would the small spreader work? I have ordered mine and they will be here in the next day or two so I don't know for myself...

Yeah, it just won't fit as far inside the bottle opening. You'll just need to squish some in, then tap the bottle down on the closed end to shift the whatever-it-is into the bottle.

I use the small spreader to fill mine.

Easy way to fill DBS........Use your EAD to fill the DBS, works wonders and sells another product. Show them how easy to fill EAD with Med. scoop and fill DBS and use from there, more for each person to have, or leave out on table rather than just using EAD.

I also say this for filling with frosting, it's so Mom can use EAD and kids can each have one to use of the DBS.

HTH,

Lisa

I've got a sips N Dips show on Monday, April 2nd, we're making hot dips in addition to cold dips, so I'll have to wing it with what I do.

Ooooh...oooooh...ooooh...Did someone say this already? I just tried it with creamy peanut butter and it worked great! The kids love putting peanut butter on crackers, apples, etc. Now I don't have to worry about them using knives and sticking them back into the peanut butter!

Last edited:
I have two sets of decorator bottles, one for food and one for paint. I have decorated shirts and pillow cases with them.

Kathy

Good idea. The funnel is flexible enough to push the stuff into the bottles. You guys are really imaginative.

purrbal said:
the Flexible Funnels should fill them easily don't ya think???

I never thought about the funnels! My DS may have to give up his favorite bath toys!:D (the tub is where the funnels currently are stored!;) )

thought processTo be honest I was using mine the other day to decorate my strawberry shortcake trifle and as i was trying to get the "cool whip" in the bottles I was cursing :eek: them. Something to pour in easily would work just fine without anything but when putting in less "workable" items it needs "help" so I was brainstorming when this topic came up and I suddenly thought of the FF's they would work perfectly I think. It would be at least worth trying.

What are the FF's?

Sometimes the abreviations get to me, too. I'll be reading along quickly and suddenly have to stop and think. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sign0001.gif

I suppose I should be thinking as I read, but thinking rarely works out for me.

raebates said:
Sometimes the abreviations get to me, too. I'll be reading along quickly and suddenly have to stop and think. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sign0001.gif

I suppose I should be thinking as I read, but thinking rarely works out for me.

hehehe...just remember you said that no one else...hehehe I only used the FF (flexible funnels) because we had just been talking about them in the previous posts so I figured it was a given, sorry they (acronyms) actually get the best of me some times too. ;)

Last edited:
My standard answer to, "You think so?" is:"No. I try not to think. It hurts my head and there's a weird burning smell."

Related to Squeezable Dips in Decorator Bottles

1. How do I use the Decorator Bottles to squeeze dips onto crackers or chips?

To use the Decorator Bottles for squeezing dips, first make sure the bottle is clean and dry. Then, fill the bottle with your desired dip. You can use a funnel or a spoon to help pour the dip into the bottle. Once filled, screw on the cap and gently squeeze the bottle to dispense the dip onto your crackers or chips.

2. What types of dips work best in the Decorator Bottles?

Thicker dips, such as hummus, guacamole, and sour cream-based dips, work best in the Decorator Bottles. These dips will hold their shape when squeezed and won't make a mess. Thin or runny dips may not work as well and can leak out of the bottle.

3. Can I use the Decorator Bottles for hot dips?

No, the Decorator Bottles are not designed for use with hot dips. The heat can cause the plastic to melt or deform, and it may also affect the flavor of the dip. Stick to using cold or room temperature dips in the Decorator Bottles.

4. How do I clean the Decorator Bottles after using them for dips?

To clean the Decorator Bottles, disassemble all parts (bottle, cap, and tip) and wash them with warm soapy water. You can also use a bottle brush to clean any leftover dip residue. Allow the parts to air dry before reassembling and storing.

5. Can I use the Decorator Bottles for anything other than dips?

Yes, in addition to dips, the Decorator Bottles can be used for dispensing salad dressings, condiments, and decorating baked goods. Just make sure to thoroughly clean the bottle before switching to a different type of food or ingredient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • jchesley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies