• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Sell the Decorator Bottle Set

In summary, three of the five guests at my party bought the Decorator Bottle set. I made the chocolate truffle cup things at home, and set them out on a platter. After our pizza was in the oven, I had someone use the food chopper on some almonds that we chopped finely right in the cup. Someone else used the bar board and knife to slice marchino cherries in half (that I drained using the can strainer, and I had brought one of the Decorator Bottles filled with strawberry (pink for HWC!) frosting. I had each of the guests come up and dollop a
IAmChefJ
I had a party tonight with 5 guests -- and 3 of them bought the Decorator Bottle set!

I made the chocolate truffle cup things at home, and set them out on a platter. After our pizza was in the oven, I had someone use the food chopper on some almonds that we chopped finely right in the cup. Someone else used the bar board and knife to slice marchino cherries in half (that I drained using the can strainer, and I had brought one of the Decorator Bottles filled with strawberry (pink for HWC!) frosting.

I had each of the guests come up and dollop a few truffles with frosting, and these women thought they were professional bakers! It looked SO pretty -- and was so easy!

And it was TOTALLY a random, last minute thing, because I was trying to figure out how to carry the truffles to the party without smooshing them, and just decided to garnish them there... and then decided to do it in front of the guests. Had NO idea it would be such a hit!

What a cool idea! I LOVE hearing those little demo tricks :)

IAmChefJ said:
I had a party tonight with 5 guests -- and 3 of them bought the Decorator Bottle set!

I made the chocolate truffle cup things at home, and set them out on a platter. After our pizza was in the oven, I had someone use the food chopper on some almonds that we chopped finely right in the cup. Someone else used the bar board and knife to slice marchino cherries in half (that I drained using the can strainer, and I had brought one of the Decorator Bottles filled with strawberry (pink for HWC!) frosting.

I had each of the guests come up and dollop a few truffles with frosting, and these women thought they were professional bakers! It looked SO pretty -- and was so easy!

And it was TOTALLY a random, last minute thing, because I was trying to figure out how to carry the truffles to the party without smooshing them, and just decided to garnish them there... and then decided to do it in front of the guests. Had NO idea it would be such a hit!

You ROCK! Way to go on selling those Decorator sets! :)

Actually, I talk people out of buying the set and getting the EAD. For one, I am upselling. Two, the DB is a PIA to clean. I tell my customers that. I would hate for them to buy something...and then never use it. That happens all to often.

Try upselling!! It works!

I encourage the sale of the decorator bottles by using them whenever I can to garnish all kinds of things and I upsell the EAD along with it - people who want one want the other. Many buy both!

As far as cleaning, it comes with a brush and if you fill it with hot soapy water right away or put it in the dishpan first and wash it last it is not that hard to do.

I love this idea! Thank you for sharing! :D

I've been selling a lot of decorating bottle sets. The idea I give is to fill them w/ peanut butter and let the kids make their own sandwiches, or put p.b. on waffles, pancakes, bananas, celery, etc. My DD puts hummus in it and puts it on crackers.

Don't forget to tell your guests that they can use the DBs for dips and spreads, too. I tell them that if they're having their buddies over they can leave the DBs out for them to use. If they're having the boss over, they can use the DBs to make pretty appetizers.

I have sold several of these at bridal showers. They, the newly wed couple can fill them with honey or whatever they preferr and use them to decorate each other.

I take them to my bridal shows, see what type of crowd I'm going to have and then bring it up.

I did a shower once givin by a mother daughter, for a close friend of the daughter, it was in conjunction with a lingerie shower the older women felt more comfortable buying the PC than bringing lingerie. Great party, some of the wild things these women came up with to do with some of our products.

Thanks guys for the support and all the other great ideas!! I love the DB's, and how easy the brush makes it to clean. I was just surprised by how much everyone else loved them too, especially since I just threw it in last minute without a lot of thought.

Honey. Hmm....

thanks for the tip! great idea!

I have neither decorator, so when I put the BBQ sauce in a bag for the aloha pizza, I said, "This is what you use when you don't have a decorator ... "

I think I sold at least one decorator bottle set at that show ...

Ouch!!!!Kinda like me burning the crap out of myself at a show because I don't have any of the oven mits! I told them it was all planned out and rehersed!:(
:rolleyes: My advertisement for the oven mitts!!!

I do not like the Bottles, so, I do not promote them. They are to much of a pain to fill to me. I have sold some but not from me talking about them.

jrstephens said:
I do not like the Bottles, so, I do not promote them. They are to much of a pain to fill to me. I have sold some but not from me talking about them.
That's the beauty of having such a large line of products. We can choose the products we want to promote. If someone asks about a product that I don't care for I will ask if anyone has it and then have them talk it up or I will say that I have had a lot of people say they like it for _____________ reasons. If they push me for my opinion I am honest and say that I prefer other things over that one but that everyone can't like everything. It gives me credibility.

BTW: I love the decorator bottles!

1. How do I use the Decorator Bottle Set?

The Decorator Bottle Set is designed to make decorating and dispensing sauces, dressings, and batters easier and more precise. Simply fill the desired bottle with your desired liquid and attach a decorating tip. Squeeze the bottle to dispense your liquid in a controlled manner.

2. Can the bottles be used for hot liquids?

The Decorator Bottle Set is not recommended for use with hot liquids, as the bottles are made of plastic and may melt or deform. It is best to stick to using them with room temperature or chilled liquids.

3. How do I clean the bottles?

The bottles and decorating tips can be washed with warm soapy water and a bottle brush. Allow them to air dry before using again. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads, as they may damage the bottles.

4. Are the bottles dishwasher safe?

The bottles and decorating tips are top-rack dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash them to prolong their lifespan. Also, the bottles may become misshapen or damaged if placed in the dishwasher with high heat settings.

5. Can I use the bottles for non-food items?

The Decorator Bottle Set is designed for food use only. Using the bottles for non-food items may contaminate them and make them unsafe to use with food products. It is best to purchase separate bottles for non-food items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindsaym
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • 4mygirls
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • Chefstover2