• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring 2009 Pound Cake Recipe with Filling | Easy and Delicious!

Do you mean the Tropical Torte? I see that it calls for Mango Sorbet. I would be shocked to even...Yes, that's the recipe I'm talking about.
muffetts
Gold Member
Anyone have a copy of the recipe with the Pound Cake and the filling? I can't find my recipe card anywhere, and I thought if i had the time, I would whip it up for my Mini Cluster Meeting tonight.

OK, now I am drooling!!!:chef:

1 1/2 C melted mango sorbet, divided
1 pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
1 medium pineapple
1 16-oz. frozen pound cake, thawed
blueberries (optional)Combine 1/2 C of the sorbet and pudding mix in 4-qt mixing bowl; whisk until thick. Fold in 2 cups of the topping; set aside. Place remaining sorbet and mint in small batter bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until hot. Place Strainer over 2 qt mixing bowl. Pour sorbet through strainer; set aside. Discard mint.Slice top and bottom off pineapple. Stand pineapple upright; use pineapple wedger to core and peel. Set aside half of the pineapple for another use. Slice remaining pineapple flesh lengthwise into 4 strips, then crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Place into Classic Batter bowl and toss with 2 tbsp of the mango sauce.Cut pound cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom layer on serving platter; spread with half of the filling. Place middle layer over filling; spread with remaining filling. Place remaining cake layer on top. Frost outside of torte with remaining whipped topping. Slice torte and place onto plates. Top each serving with pineapple, blueberries, if desired, and about 1 tbsp sauce.10 servings

Thanks bunches! :D

I can't wait to see what this looks like. What platter do you serve it on? Do you just build it freely, or use the torte pan?

I would put it on the Rectangular Platter, or the new Bamboo Platter!

What is this recipe called??

babywings76 said:
I can't wait to see what this looks like. What platter do you serve it on? Do you just build it freely, or use the torte pan?
It's built on a regular serving platter. It doesn't use the torte pans at all, because it's from the Keep It Cool theme for the summer, which is all no-bake desserts. It looks like a frosted brick. :)
byrd1956 said:
What is this recipe called??
It's Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple.

And, yes, it can be a torte without using the torte pans. Torte is a general name to describe multi-layer cakes with non-frosting fillings.

Made the Chicken Penne Al Fresco last night for dinner. It was good. (Pasta in the DCB in the microwave) Seemed like a good show recipe.

Could you guys that are making the new recipes post them? We would appreciate it so much! TIA. I found the new Mexican Lasagne in another post so here it is for anyone looking for it.
1 pkg cream cheese
1/4 c lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1 can (28 oz.) enchilada sauce
12 (6-in.) corn tortillas
3 c. diced or shredded cooked chicken
2/3 c. chopped onion
Additional chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)1. Place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on high 30-45 seconds or until very soft. Add cilantro and 1 1/2 c. of cheese; mix well. Spread 2/3 c. enchilada sauce over bottom of Deep Covered Baker. Pour remaining enchilada sauce into large bowl; set aside.
2. To assemble, dip four tortillas into enchilada sauce in large bowl and arrange sauce in baker using Saute Tongs, overlapping as necessary. Scoop half of cream cheese mixture over tortillas using Small Scoop; spread evenly. Top with 1 c. chicken and 1/3 of the onion. Repeat layers one time. Dip remaining four tortillas into sauce and arrange over second layer. Top with remaining chicken and onion. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over lasagna and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
3. Microwave, covered, on high for 12-15 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro.​
And I must add that this would also be good using the green enchilada sauce. (Personally, I like the green better than the red.)

Last edited:
In the directions, it mentions to dip remaining flour tortillas into sauce.....they meant corn tortillas, right?

Oops, whoever I "borrowed" this from meant "FOUR" and I didn't catch that. Thanks. I will correct the original.

I cant wait to try the lasagna!

cookin to the top said:
In the directions, it mentions to dip remaining flour tortillas into sauce.....they meant corn tortillas, right?

Yes - corn

floccies said:
Made the Chicken Penne Al Fresco last night for dinner. It was good. (Pasta in the DCB in the microwave) Seemed like a good show recipe.

Will you share the recipe??

My director pointed out that the mango recipe is crazy expensive for hosts ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
My director pointed out that the mango recipe is crazy expensive for hosts ...

Do you mean the Tropical Torte? I see that it calls for Mango Sorbet. I would be shocked to even be able to find Mango Sorbet.

I can imagine that sorbet is expensive. It calls for the mint leaves, the pineapple, frozen pound cake and the sorbet. So those things right there might add up...not sure as I am only guessing.

On the recipe card for the Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" it says corn tortillas in the ingredient section and four tortillas in the directions. Does anyone know what it says in the Seasons Best? You could use either one but I would like to know which one they are really meaning to use.

The directions say four, not flour. Use corn tortillas.

Now I feel like an idiot!:blushing: Thanks Ann, I don't know how many times I had read it never caught that it didn't have an '"l". :blushing:

PCJen said:
Now I feel like an idiot!:blushing: Thanks Ann, I don't know how many times I had read it never caught that it didn't have an '"l". :blushing:

Glad I'm not the only one who does that.

gailz2 said:
Glad I'm not the only one who does that.
Yea, me too!

We've all done it. That's why there are proofreaders. :)

Can someone who has made the new Lasagna recipe tell me if the cilantro you use has to be fresh? I have two jars of the dry cilantro (Spice Island and McCormick) on my shelf. When I used it the flavor was extremely hot and spicy. Is the lasagna that way
too, or does it tame down with the other ingredients? In other words does it become more Mexican in flavor than Italian which I generally equate with the word lasagna. Thanks for anything you can share from your experience. I did purchase the whole grain 6" tortilla rounds today to use rather than the pasta.

Can someone who has made the new Lasagna recipe tell me if the cilantro you use has to be fresh? I have two jars of the dry cilantro (Spice Island and McCormick) on my shelf. When I used it the flavor was extremely hot and spicy. Is the lasagna that way
too, or does it tame down with the other ingredients? I did purchase the whole grain 6" tortilla rounds today to use rather than the pasta.

Grandmarita said:
too, or does it tame down with the other ingredients? I did purchase the whole grain 6" tortilla rounds today to use rather than the pasta.

Fresh cilantro has more flavor and isn't really spicy. It adds a nice fresh feeling to the lasagna. The lasagna isn't spicy at all -- I don't like very spicy foods and I thought it was a bit bland. I think you at least need to make sure you season the chicken with salt and pepper. I might add some chipotle or southwest seasoning to it next time I make it.

PCJen said:

No - someone corrected it - when it was first posted it did say flour....then it was changed to four.;)

So you aren't crazy! (at least, not in this instance.:p)

Yea, I'm still crazy. I was going off the recipe card, not the one that was posted.:eek:

I made this last night -- It was spicy. I think the spicy part comes from the enchilada sauce.

Grandmarita said:

think tonight I'll make it with the green sauce
we didn't think its spicy at all guess it is what your used to i would only use fresh cilantro

Much like the salsa verde in the Microwave Chicken Chili, the brand and heat of the enchilada sauce you use will have a big impact on this recipe. I used Old El Paso mild, because that's what I saw first in the large can at the grocery store. Next time, I'm going to use one with a little more kick, at least for at home. I'm also going to add some black olives, a layer of refried beans, and serve with sour cream. I do think it would be good with the beef/onion mixture from the beef power cooking shows, too (in place of the chicken).

I made the Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" last night too. I thought it was good.
It wasn't too spicy for me, I used mild sauce (Old El Paso) and seasoned the chicken with a little bit of Southwest seasoning. I also skipped the cilantro since I didn't have any on hand.

Edie's makes a super sorbet, mango and strawberry! $3 a pint.

Haagen Dazs makes Mango sorbet as well. Usually around $2.50 here.

Does anyone have the new Jalepeno recipe made with the pizza crust? Would like to use it for our meeting tonight!

TIA

jwpamp said:
Does anyone have the new Jalepeno recipe made with the pizza crust? Would like to use it for our meeting tonight!

TIA

It's now on Consultant's Corner under the Game Day theme show. There's also a video demo for it.

Nevermind, it's up online.

1. What are the ingredients needed for the Spring 2009 Pound Cake Recipe with Filling?

The ingredients for this recipe include:

• 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
  • 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 cup lemon curd

2. How do I make the Pound Cake and filling for this recipe?

To make the Pound Cake:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and water. Mix until well combined.
  3. Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
  4. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  5. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the filling:
  1. In a small saucepan, heat the lemon curd over low heat until it becomes pourable.
  2. Cut the cooled cake in half horizontally.
  3. Spread the lemon curd on the bottom half of the cake, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge.
  4. Place the top half of the cake back on and gently press down.
  5. Serve and enjoy!

3. Can I use a different type of filling for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of filling you prefer. Some popular options include raspberry jam, chocolate ganache, or cream cheese frosting.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Pound Cake and filling ahead of time, but it is best to assemble and serve the cake on the same day for optimal freshness. If necessary, you can store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.

5. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in this recipe?

You can substitute the sour cream with plain Greek yogurt for a lighter option. You can also use a different flavor of cake mix or pudding mix to change the flavor of the cake. However, we recommend sticking to the original recipe for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
yourchef23
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
bcowdin
  • PCSarahjm