• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spoiler... Conference Is Officially Over....

the new stainless steel mesh colander set. Been wanting one of these! Thanks for the pics!The agenda posted on CC said the conference should now officially be ending. Sooooo.... LET's TALK!!
DebbieJ said:
I think the ice bucket is ridiculous. $32 and NO TONGS!!!! Shame on Pampered Chef!
Yeah, :( When I posted that I didn't know the price! I am also very surprised that there are no tongs.

Sarah K. said:
I am bummed about the measuring cups and spoons too. One of my big selling points was that they replaced several with one. :(

I am so excited about the new cookie press having a potato ricer it is probably the only reason I will get it.

The snowmen plates are really cute too.

Excited to get a new digital thermometer had one before but lost it when our house flooded. Does anyone know if it is like the old one w/ a timmer?

The new digital pocket thermometer is not like the old digital thermometer (that had the wire connecting from inside your oven with it in your meat to the display out on your counter.) It's just a pocket thermometer w/ a digital display of the temperature. There is still a reference list on the sleeve of it, and you can push a little button on the top to switch it from F to C.

babywings76 said:
Hold on a minute...they changed the knife block itself? I'm not sure about that. They didn't mention that, that I caught anyway. I thought when they introduced the new knife it was said that it'll be great to add to our knife blocks. I thought their discontinuing the knife block set was because it was a set--hence they need to include now the new knife and the restyled shears. They didn't say the knife block itself was getting discontinued and a new one coming out. I'm pretty sure the holes in the knife block are suitable for the new shears.

And I just compared the new catalog to the old one and don't see any mention of a new knife block.

Does the new set now have 9 knives instead of 8? I just ordered this...:rolleyes:

Belle4562 said:
Does the new set now have 9 knives instead of 8? I just ordered this...:rolleyes:

It has 9 knives:
Bread, Chef's, 7" Santoku, 5" Santoku, 5" utility, 5" boning, 4 1/2" serrated, 3 1/2 in paring and 3" petite paring

Plus, the block, honing tool, and professional shears. It now costs $415

babywings76 said:
I love my Tupperware ones and have always felt guilty holding onto them.

ME TOO!! I think the adjustable ones are way too big! I keep an old tupperware 1/2 cup scoop inside my sugar canister and a 1 cup scoop in my flour! I think these are great!

chefjeanine said:
That's what happened to me so I didn't try to sell them. Glad they are going!

I broke the bottom off 2 of them. Glad to see them go as well!

DebbieJ said:
I think the ice bucket is ridiculous.

$32 and NO TONGS!!!! Shame on Pampered Chef!

I asked the pampered chef 'crew' about the tongs and they suggested using the egg separator. This would work, but doesn't exactly match the ice bucket... kinda clashes (metal on plastic).

So does anyone know what the Sept. specials are??? I have a show tomorrow and would love to know.
Thanks

Thanks, everyone, for the news! I always showed the adj meas. cup, but didn't find it convenient at home. The SS mesh colanders look super!!

No...I wasn't suggesting that we could all send in our old cookie press for the new one. Someone said they had just ordered one...if that is the case then they could send it back within the 30 days and then order the new one. That is what I would do...if I hadn't used it. If I had used it I would keep it and later order the new one. However, if you use it once and don't like it you can send it back within 30 days.

Now...what about the martini glasses? Are they dainty and fragile like the wine glasses? I didn't order the wine glasses because I thought they were too fragile. I am hoping the martini glasses are thicker. I don't drink at all, but thought they would be cute for desserts...or dips.

Shawnna said:
I don't drink at all, but thought they would be cute for desserts...or dips.

I agree! They would be delightful to serve custard or mousse in. :D I hope they are less fragile.

Hmmmmm.....

I'm glad they are restyling the cookie press and kitchen shears .... I get a lot of complaints on those two items. Now if they would only make the egg slicer more sturdy ...

How, oh how, does one RICE a potato?

I'll have to tweak the DCB bundle ... I don't throw in a free pocket thermometer but I might throw in something else and replace the salad choppers with those two.

I got three sets of bamboo toaster tongs in my $10 surprise box ... maybe I'll toss one in with every ice bucket sold.

I loved those little toaster tongs.

squirrelzan said:
$50 for every recruit from July 1 - August 31. If you have more than 4 recruits, you get a bonus gift (choose between watches, handbag, ear-rings, video camera, etc). If you recruit 8, you get 2 bonus gifts.

Each recruit in that time period and does $1250 in first 30 days, will get 2 stoneware free.

Is it four or more than four - just wondering where to set my goal. at 4 or 5. Thanks

Di_Can_Cook said:
I got three sets of bamboo toaster tongs in my $10 surprise box ... maybe I'll toss one in with every ice bucket sold.

When I was bartering with my suprise boxes I was willing to give up ANYTHING (including stoneware) for those tongs. I LOVED mine that I got 11yrs ago and wanted a new pair (as the ex has them). The new bamboo ones just don't cut it (IMO) for down in the toaster. I jumped with joy when I found someone willing to part with 2 Tongs, now I have a reserve. :D

Maragib said:
Is it four or more than four - just wondering where to set my goal. at 4 or 5. Thanks

For the first 4 recruits, you get one gift. For the second set of 4, you get another gift.

Someone, and I'm pretty sure it was Lisa Flynn at the new director's reception, told one of my cluster members that they had worked on tongs but the design didn't come together right. Or something to that effect. So they know we need it, just didn't get it worked out in time.

Good to know. The small bamboo tongs work well for somethings but I just prefer how thin and petite the old tongs were for the toater. New ones feel so cumbersome to me in comparison to the more delicate slice of bread. JMO. Thanks for the info!

Or if you meant tongs for the icebucket (oops!) good to know that too! I'm not at all excited about the ice bucket or shaker, nor do I think my guests will be. I'm not in that type of market. My guests are more the beer drinking type and and not martini's or anything in a shaker. Heck I'd bet most the people in my neck of the woods don't even use a glass for their beer....Hello Redneck Country! :D

I think the dots glasses are cute but I will never sell any. I am in the center of the bible belt ;) I was soooo hoping for some dots tumblers or iced tea glassed. I get asked for that all the time. I sent a product request to HO, so maybe next season!

I'm going to tweak it to include the new RuH trivet, it is designed for the DCB!!!

QUOTE=Di_Can_Cook;666048]Hmmmmm.....

I'm glad they are restyling the cookie press and kitchen shears .... I get a lot of complaints on those two items. Now if they would only make the egg slicer more sturdy ...

How, oh how, does one RICE a potato?

I'll have to tweak the DCB bundle ... I don't throw in a free pocket thermometer but I might throw in something else and replace the salad choppers with those two.

I got three sets of bamboo toaster tongs in my $10 surprise box ... maybe I'll toss one in with every ice bucket sold.[/QUOTE]

gilchrist_pchef said:
I think the dots glasses are cute but I will never sell any. I am in the center of the bible belt ;) I was soooo hoping for some dots tumblers or iced tea glasses. I get asked for that all the time. I sent a product request to HO, so maybe next season!

Now, there's some dots items I could sell here for sure! Great idea!

I love the looks of the new Trivet! Very Elegant and pretty!

The martini glasses are cute....just a bit thicker than the wine glasses, but not much. For the non-drinkers, they are adorable for appetizers or desserts. They have a pic of ceviche served in the martini glasses, and it looks great. Much more versatile than the wine glasses.

The shaker can also be used for protein shakes, mixing powdered drinks, making non alcoholic mixes.

I would love tumblers in the dots pattern.

I too would like to know how to "Rice" a potato. What does that mean, and what is the end result? Why do this? Very curious!

They did a demo of using it as a potato ricer. What you do is cut and boil your potatoes like normal for making mashed potatoes. Then you just put the cooked potatoes in the cookie press and crank them out. They'll be perfect for smooth, creamy mashed potatoes. After the guy was done getting them through the ricer blade, he just added milk and butter and then used the masher and put out mashed potatoes super easily and fast.

When you rice a potato, you cook it first (like you are going to mash them) and then push them through something with very small holes. It REALLY makes fine pieces...and then you just fold in your milk, butter, salt and pepper GENTLY and you have the best mashed potatoes! Here is a link.... How to Use a Potato Ricer | eHow.com

KellyTheChef said:
When you rice a potato, you cook it first (like you are going to mash them) and then push them through something with very small holes. It REALLY makes fine pieces...and then you just fold in your milk, butter, salt and pepper GENTLY and you have the best mashed potatoes! Here is a link.... How to Use a Potato Ricer | eHow.com

Kelly, when did you go blonde? Weren't you red before? Looks good! :)

Does anyone have the list of new recipes for the season? I read through, and don't know if I missed them or they weren't listed.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
The martini glasses are cute....just a bit thicker than the wine glasses, but not much. For the non-drinkers, they are adorable for appetizers or desserts. They have a pic of ceviche served in the martini glasses, and it looks great. Much more versatile than the wine glasses.

The shaker can also be used for protein shakes, mixing powdered drinks, making non alcoholic mixes.

I would love tumblers in the dots pattern.

I love the idea of using them as dessert type cups! :) I'm not a martini drinker so this is a GREAT idea!

lockhartkitchen said:
Does anyone have the list of new recipes for the season? I read through, and don't know if I missed them or they weren't listed.

I can't remember which thread they were listed under. But you can view the pages of the SB cookbook on DessertDivaFL's profile page. :)

Here are the new theme shows:

Comfort Food
Loaded Baked Potato Chowder (made in the DCB)
Ham & Cheese Calzone (this looks so yummy!)

Sweet Favorites
Mock Lemon Meringue Cake
Mini Carrot Cake Cups

New recipes for other theme shows:
Dinnertime in No Time
Zesty Ravioli Skillet

Keep it Cool
After Dinner Mint Triangles

Sorry if this is already posted but is there any price increases ? ? ?

Thanks

:chef:

whiteyteresa said:
Sorry if this is already posted but is there any price increases ? ? ?

Thanks

:chef:

I didnt cross check ALL prices, but not that I saw, and there was no price list increase chart, like the one for price decreases.:sing:

babywings76 said:
Shucks...:blushing: You're very welcome. :D

We'll have to see how they bundle things together. We do get to buy samples at 50% off, but sometimes they group certain items together so if you have a couple things in mind, you might have to get a few that maybe you weren't necessarily intending to get. They do put some things by themselves that we can get, but there will be groupings. And it did vary from the SAT groupings that were set up last time, so I'm curious what they do. I have a huge wish list for this season! :D

I am new to this PC stuff just started last week! So all this new stuff is very exciting. I am just wondering you are talking about ordering things early, when does that happen? How will I know do they post a list somewhere??? TIA

Thanks everyone for the news posted so far! Can't wait to get my Changeover kit in a few weeks!

pc_jessica said:
I am new to this PC stuff just started last week! So all this new stuff is very exciting. I am just wondering you are talking about ordering things early, when does that happen? How will I know do they post a list somewhere??? TIA

You should check out a thread that ChefAnn started: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/your-guide-season-changeover-54107/

It has a bunch of info that will help answer your questions. :)

Didn't see this, might have missed it, but did shipping go up?

pamperedpals said:
Didn't see this, might have missed it, but did shipping go up?

We'll find out when we get our changeover kits and look at the order forms. They usually do not announce this.

DebbieJ said:
We'll find out when we get our changeover kits and look at the order forms. They usually do not announce this.

Thanks Debbie.

I thought last year they made announcement that they were not going to raise shipping. I will watch for my change over kit.

They did announce it last year. I believe they would have let us know if it were going up.

<h2>What new products are you most excited about?</h2><p>I am most excited about the new ice bucket. It is perfect for entertaining and keeping drinks cool during the summer months.</p><h2>Sad to see go?</h2><p>I am sad to see the Wovens go. They were such a versatile and popular product for both cooking and serving.</p><h2>I'd like to know more about the new customer connection features of the website...</h2><p>The new customer connection features on our website allow for better communication and engagement with our customers. You can now easily track orders, browse recipes, and join online cooking classes all in one place.</p>

What new products are you most excited about?

I am most excited about the new ice bucket. It is perfect for entertaining and keeping drinks cool during the summer months.

Sad to see go?

I am sad to see the Wovens go. They were such a versatile and popular product for both cooking and serving.

I'd like to know more about the new customer connection features of the website...

The new customer connection features on our website allow for better communication and engagement with our customers. You can now easily track orders, browse recipes, and join online cooking classes all in one place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Tracie
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates