1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: SPOILER... Conference is officially Over....

1. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

According to the agenda posted on CC, conference should now officially be ending. Sooooo.... LET's TALK!!

What new products are you most excited about? Sad to see go?

I am so sad about the Wovens!!!
    I think the ice bucket will be a hit...

I'd like to know more about the new customer connection features of the website...

Jul 18, 2009
  2. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

is it possible to see pictures of the new products???
    and a list of what is all being discontinued???
    thanks in advance!!

Jul 18, 2009
  3. gilchrist_pchef

gilchrist_pchef Member

Oh the wovens are gone????

4. pchefbonnie

pchefbonnie Novice Member

Please share pics - we want to see! Please :)

Jul 18, 2009
  5. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

:( So I saw the list of DC'd.

Jul 18, 2009
  6. heat123

Yes, pics would be Awesome!:D

Jul 18, 2009
  7. pc_jessica

pics pics pics!!!!! would be awesome!

Jul 18, 2009
  8. pc_jessica

where?!?!?!? can you copy and paste it here??

Jul 18, 2009
  9. jcsmilez

I don't have any pics, sorry -- I'm working on it...

I know my director is probably really excited that they redesigned the cookie press, she has been hoping for that for YEARS!

Jul 18, 2009
  10. pc_jessica

oooo you have info post more!!

Jul 18, 2009
  11. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

Since yall started- I'll add...lol...
    wovens are gone, Cookie press redesigned, new SB, new appetizer cookbook, new latin flavor cookbook, price decreases on some items, kitchen shears gone, professional shears in (combo of the old white ones and black ones...or at least thats my opinon)....

thats all I'm saying for now! LMAO

Jul 18, 2009
  12. Kimmie

Kimmie Novice Member

Oh yeah!! I forgot about that!! The Forged Cutlery Steak Knives went from $145 to only $110 - I'm excited about that!!

Some other products the 2 cup prep bowls, the "Professional" shears, snowman plates, snowman rectangular plate - 2 new sauces Maple Honey Mustard and Peanut Thai (tried both and they are FABULOUS!!!)...

Dots Martini Glasses, Ice Bucket, Shaker, Stainless Steel Mesh Colander set....

Jul 18, 2009
  13. Bluiydangl

Bluiydangl Member

Jul 18, 2009
  14. jcsmilez

Oooh, I forgot about the mesh colander set, I am soooooo excited about those!!

Jul 18, 2009
  15. pc_jessica

im still hoping for a list of the discontinued items are there more than those that are listed??

Jul 18, 2009
  16. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

Total value of new products is under $500 so not too much to report. That's why those who sold over $6,000 in SAT got 5% PC bucks.

As has been said, not too much being retired - the wovens, the easy adjustable measuring cup and spoon, changed the gift packages and reduced the # of half-price options to 4.

Other products restyled - cookie press to include a potato ricer disc, kitchen shears, adjustable measuring spoons...

Added a 4.5" serrated forged cutlery knife, ice bucket to match quick stir pitchers, cocktail shaker to match, dots martini glasses (most expensive new product - $44.50 for a set of 4), 2-cup prep bowl set, measuring cup set, easy conversions magnet (attendee gift), 2 sauces (Thai Peanut and Maple Honey Mustard), Creole Rub (we got a sample), cookie sheet (excited about this one!!), digital pocket thermometer replaces our old pocket thermometer, 5" strainer, stainless mesh colanders (3), snowmen app. plates, snowmen rect. platter, beaded cheese knife, beaded cheese plane, beaded cake/pie server, and made open stock the stainless cookware that's on the Aug. host special.

See my post under the recipes thread for the new cookbooks and theme shows.

Wish y'all could have been there!

Jul 18, 2009
  17. jcsmilez

Pictures...

Beaded server, prep bowls, cookie press

Attached Files:

Jul 18, 2009
  18. pc_jessica

thanks!! sounds exciting!!!!

Jul 18, 2009
  19. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

sounds like it was a great time...can't wait to see all the great pics!

Jul 18, 2009
  20. byrd1956

Did anyone experience using the redesigned cookie press? I always have some customers that get frustrated with it and sometime I go through a love/hate relationship with my cookie press.

Jul 18, 2009
  21. cpaylor

cpaylor Member

Thanks! I'm excited! Any word on upcoming host/guest specials? Recruiting specials? Anything else.....

Jul 18, 2009
  22. jcsmilez

Pictures...

snowmen plates, measuring cups, cookie press #2

These are not my pictures but someone elses who was kind enough to pass them along to me as I was unable to go due to being 9 months pregnant and those pesky airlines not allowing me to fly. I am indebted to her, thank you!

Attached Files:

Jul 18, 2009
  23. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Jul 18, 2009
  24. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

CUTE snowman plates! Nice to swap out with the daisy plates for winter. :)

Jul 18, 2009
  25. cpaylor

cpaylor Member

Love the snowmen plates!!!

Jul 18, 2009
  26. byrd1956

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Jul 18, 2009
  27. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

We did not use the cookie press, but watched a demo. Looked better than the old one. I know people prefer this type versus the gun type. This has a retro look to it.

Oh, there is a magnet for your fridge that has conversions on it and a Creole Rub. Dots Martini glasses, a dots shaker (for drinks).

New measuring cups - out with the adjustable ones, in with a stack of them. The handles snap together so they aren't all over your drawer.

OH! the new RUTH trivet is oblong so the DCB will sit on it!

Jul 18, 2009
  28. heat123

I totally love the snowmen, better thant he trees from last year! :p

Jul 18, 2009
  29. taterbug

taterbug Member

I thought the adjustable ones were pretty popular....

Jul 18, 2009
  30. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I agree, taterbug. I liked them.....

Jul 18, 2009
  31. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

Other people on my team said their Easy Adj. Measuring Cup kept breaking at the bottom. Perhaps it's a quality control issue. We didn't get an explanation for the change.

Jul 18, 2009
  32. byrd1956

Everyone I know likes the adjustable one....I owned TW ones that hooked together and still feel they were a pain and took up too much space. I guess everything old it new again....

Jul 18, 2009
  33. jcsmilez

I liked the concept of the adjustable ones, but I found them to be unreliable. After only a few washes they were already leaking on me! I found myself constantly searching for the mini easy read measuring cup that I thought I would never use.

Jul 18, 2009
  34. gilchrist_pchef

gilchrist_pchef Member

Okay, I don't know about you, but my whole sell on the adjustable measuring cups was that you don't have all those cups. You can get regular measuring cups at walmart.

35. byrd1956

I agree and I don't have problems w/mine leaking.

Jul 18, 2009
  36. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Anyone know what the new apron we can earn this month looks like?

37. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

W/ the new measuring cups, in addition to the typical cups they are including a 2/3 and 3/4 cup and a leveler that all snap together. They're really tightly snapped together. The twist on the cookie press is awesome! There is no back vs front to the discs, and they added a ricer disk so you can use it to rice potatos!

Delicious new theme show recipes - Comfort Food (Loaded Baked Potato Chowder ($1/serving) and Ham and Cheese Calzone)
    Sweet Favorites (Mock Lemon Meringue Cake and Mini Carrot Cake Cups which is a new consultant recipe)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
    Jul 18, 2009
  38. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Yea! I've always wanted a potato ricer.

39. heat123

Ouuhhh, yeah what does ti look like???

Jul 18, 2009
  40. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

The thing that's great about the nesting cups is that you can use your 1/2 cup one for one thing, your 3/4 cup for another, etc and not have to keep rinsing it out. I love my Tupperware ones and have always felt guilty holding onto them. At shows, I felt crippled w/o having a dry measuring cup. (I don't own the easy adj. one) I also like to pack the brown sugar and that sounds hard to do in the adjustable one. I love that I can use them to scoop ingredients, too. And they are clear so you can see if you have a big pocket of air in there.

I have a Mirro brand cookie press that I love and use every year at Christmas time. I never got the PC one cause I had the Mirro one. But I am definitely buying our new one and throwing away the Mirro one, because the PC one is REALLY nice! I love that it's that white aluminum whatever stuff, instead of metallic silver raw aluminum like my Mirro one. It always drives me nuts how excess dough scoots around the plunger and I would try to re-use it, but it always turned grey colored from interacting w/ the aluminum/metal whatever it is. So ours won't have that problem. The design is really nice. You control the amount. You can twist slowly, too and control what you are doing.

Jul 18, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted