• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spin Speed of Salad Spinner: 13.2 mph...Maybe?

In summary, the conversation discusses the speed of a salad spinner, with various individuals sharing their thoughts and experiences. The general consensus is that the Salad Spinner spins at a speed of 13.5 miles per hour, with one person mentioning that it can also stop quickly thanks to its brake feature. There is also some lighthearted banter about comparing the spinner's speed to a car's speed, with one person jokingly mentioning that their DH calls it "the Porsche." Overall, the conversation is filled with humor and enthusiasm for the product.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Someone posted this once, but I don't remember. How fast does the Salad Spinner spin? I'm thinking it's 13.2 mph....maybe?

I thought it was 30mph. I've also heard 5 mph per pump up to 30mph.

does someone know for sure?

I don't know how fast it spins (never even thought about it) but my son sure has fun "putting on the brakes"!

I was told thirteen and a half last year.

the PIG on CC says 13.5 mph.

ChefBeckyD said:
the PIG on CC says 13.5 mph.
I didn't think to look there! I thought it was just a little factoid that someone passed on. Thanks Becky!

I didn't know without reading the PIG, but I know I can shoot a cherry tomato across 3 rooms of a very large house. (Accidentally lifted the lid before applying the break fully at a show while drying my tomatoes for salsa - it brought QUITE the laugh!)

FIESTA--------cute Janet---

LOL! Has someone actually ased the MPH at a show or something? That is too cute!

I tell the speed at every show. That gets a lot of laughs!

I always tell the speed. I put it in the middle of the table, or floor, or wherever is central, and then I show them all of the parts, and talk about all of the uses, and I say "and watch this - one of the coolest things about this puppy is that it will spin at 13.5 mph......but wait, the very coolest thing is that it also has this incredible brake(press the brake) and when it stops that quickly, it shakes off all the water.."

13.5 miles per hour -.... Yup I tell them that too and always add that it gets better mileage then my suburban!! (and that is a good thing with gas prices lately!!) We should all know how fast our spinner spins right? LOL!!

I always tell guests that my DH calls our salad spinner "the porsche" for two reasons: one, it goes over 13 MPH and two, it is $50. It always generates a laugh, but then I get excited and tell them why it's worth every penny.

(Before PC came out with this one, I had searched several years for a decent spinner. I had one, but it was like having a Monza (for those who remember that car). Then I upgraded to a nice honda/toyota, but still had to do two loads to get enough salad for DH and I. I totally love the PC spinner' :))

PamperedDor said:
13.5 miles per hour -.... Yup I tell them that too and always add that it gets better mileage then my suburban!! (and that is a good thing with gas prices lately!!) We should all know how fast our spinner spins right? LOL!!

ROFLOL!

Doreen the engineer in me is dying laughing right now...

miles per hour is not miles per gallon...if your suburban can only go up to 14 miles per hour, you'd better trade it in, you aren't getting ANYWHERE fast! :D

Related to Spin Speed of Salad Spinner: 13.2 mph...Maybe?

What is the spin speed of the salad spinner?

The spin speed of the salad spinner is 13.2 miles per hour (mph).

How does the spin speed affect the performance of the salad spinner?

The spin speed determines how quickly and efficiently the salad spinner can dry the greens. A higher spin speed can result in drier greens in a shorter amount of time.

Is 13.2 mph a good spin speed for a salad spinner?

Yes, 13.2 mph is considered a high spin speed for a salad spinner and should be sufficient for most types of greens.

Can the spin speed be adjusted on the salad spinner?

Yes, the spin speed can usually be adjusted on most salad spinners. However, the specific speed may vary depending on the model and brand.

What other factors besides spin speed should I consider when choosing a salad spinner?

In addition to spin speed, you may also want to consider the capacity, material, and ease of use when choosing a salad spinner. Some spinners may also come with additional features such as a built-in colander or non-slip base.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tanya423
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • doughmama