• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe with Salad Berry Spinner

In summary, the strawberry spinach salad can be made in the salad spinner by adding the spinach and berries to the different baskets. Coffee filters help to make fruity coffee. There is a training video online or DVD that has information about the salad spinner, but it is also good for so much more than just salads. The lettuce can be spun to keep it fresh for longer, and it lasts weeks if wrapped in a produce bag and covered in a paper towel.
Tanya423
I have a show tonight and I am making the Strawberry Spinach Salad. I have no idea how the salad berry spinner works...do I do the spinach and the strawberry separate or do I put everything in the spinner at once and then spin? Also, does anyone have a recipe for the strawberry spinach salad that says to use the spinner?

Do the spinach alone in the big basket...

Then do the berries alone in the small basket!

I add a paper towel to the berry basket when I spin berries. It keeps them from pressing up against the basket and getting indents. (The real solution is not to spin the berries at full speed, but DH loves that it goies 11.5 miles per hour)

leggy

legacypc46 said:
I add a paper towel to the berry basket when I spin berries. It keeps them from pressing up against the basket and getting indents. (The real solution is not to spin the berries at full speed, but DH loves that it goies 11.5 miles per hour)

leggy

That is a great tip!

Coffee filters what a great idea. Then you could have fruity coffee.

Is there a training video online or DVD that has info about the salad spinner? OR does anyone want to share all the interesting facts about the Salad and Berry Spinner. I just started using mine last week. My kids love to help me spin my salad greens, but I would have never bought this for $50 (I paid $20).
CHALLENGE: Sell it to me so I wouldn't mind paying $50.

It is good for soooo much more than just Salad Greens!!!I have used it to spin dry rotini pasta - so when you make pasta salad, the dressing sticks to the pasta instead of all sinking to the bottom of the bowl.
It's great for:
Beans (black beans, kidney beans, etc....for salads)
Mushrooms
Berries of all kinds
Cherry & Grape Tomatoes
Grapes (for grape salad!)
Wash your herbs - spin them dry and then chop them - they chop much easier when they are completely dry.The bowl can be used as the salad bowl - and the baskets also double as colanders.......

Last edited:
If you are buying bagged lettuce and eating salads on a regular basis it will pay for itself quickly. I had not idea howmuch money I was wasting on pre-cut washed lettuce in a bag (that goes bad once you open the bag) until I started using mine. I get lettuce usually for less than 90 cents a head. I buy either Romaine, Red or Green leaf - What's on sale that week Bagged lettuce averages about $2 a bag and my hubby and I only get about a salad and a half each. The lettuce goes bad so quickly.
Spin your lettuce - Wrap it in a clean produce bag with a paper towel and it will last weeks.

I like the saving money angle. I wonder how much lettuce you'd have to buy to justify the $50 paid for the spinner. BUT, if you use it for all the things BeckyD was listing it is multi-usable. I really like the idea of using the huge bowl for a large salad-never thought of that.
Keep them coming.
(Does anyone know the horse power? CC says the speed is actually 13.5 mph, but it says nothing about horse power.)

Last edited:
Don't forget olives

I make a yummy chopped salad with chicken, tomatoes, black beans, corn, black olives and lettuce and make it Spicy Ranch Dressing - It's yummyh

ChefBeckyD said:
It is good for soooo much more than just Salad Greens!!!

I have used it to spin dry rotini pasta - so when you make pasta salad, the dressing sticks to the pasta instead of all sinking to the bottom of the bowl.
It's great for:
Beans (black beans, kidney beans, etc....for salads)
Mushrooms
Berries of all kinds
Cherry & Grape Tomatoes
Grapes (for grape salad!)
Wash your herbs - spin them dry and then chop them - they chop much easier when they are completely dry.

The bowl can be used as the salad bowl - and the baskets also double as colanders.......

Thinking outside the spinner...

The baskets can be used as "frogs" for flower decoration. I know, this is a bit far out there, but invert either one inside the large bowl and insert flowers and make a great flower arrangement.

I recently used this idea for a party, and lo and behold after I told people how I did the arrangment, I sold 3 of the spiinners. And it wasn't even a PC show/party!

PamperChefCarol said:
Thinking outside the spinner...

The baskets can be used as "frogs" for flower decoration. I know, this is a bit far out there, but invert either one inside the large bowl and insert flowers and make a great flower arrangement.

I recently used this idea for a party, and lo and behold after I told people how I did the arrangment, I sold 3 of the spiinners. And it wasn't even a PC show/party!
Wow, you are very creative. I need to learn to think outside the box, but until I do, keep the ideas coming.

I've been selling it as multi-function tool, as well. I tell guests that since getting the spinner, I no longer have any other colanders. I have two, one for smaller items and one for larger. I also tell them that the bowl itself makes a great salad bowl. And, I use it for pasta, berries, lettuce, etc. too.

I made the mandarin pasta salad at a party not too long ago. I used the spinner as a colander to drain the pasta, then spin it. I then used it to spin the spinach, and then (quick washed it) and served the salad in the bowl.

I sold three!!

are you using htis to drain hot foods with ?
I wonder over time what it would do to the inserts?

If you're trying to reduce fat in your diet, you can also use it to spin the salad dressing through your salad. Just put your salad in, pour in a bit of dressing, let it sit a minute or two, then pump it once and let it go until it stops on its own. This will coat your salad and remove the extra dressing.You can use it to spin dry your hand-washed delicates. I know it sounds goofy, but, especially with the heat and humidity we've had lately in Indiana, you want to remove as much water as possible from anything you hang to dry. Everything but the lid is dishwasher safe, so you can make sure everything is food-ready after you use it for this. I've sold several with this tip.

Last edited:
raebates said:
If you're trying to reduce fat in your diet, you can also use it to spin the salad dressing through your salad. Just put your salad in, pour in a bit of dressing, let it sit a minute or two, then pump it once and let it go until it stops on its own. This will coat your salad and remove the extra dressing.

You can use it to spin dry your hand-washed delicates. I know it sounds goofy, but, especially with the heat and humidity we've had lately in Indiana, you want to remove as much water as possible from anything you hang to dry. Everything but the lid is dishwasher safe, so you can make sure everything is food-ready after you use it for this. I've sold several with this tip.

Yep! I had one host who bought it specifically to spin dry swimsuits!:D

I love the spinner. At my last show I had the host use it, and it was like she had gotten a new toy.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have used it to spin dry rotini pasta - so when you make pasta salad, the dressing sticks to the pasta instead of all sinking to the bottom of the bowl.
I never thought of that!! I make pasta salad all the time. I stand there shaking the colander forever! Not anymore! Thanks Becky!:D

salad berry spinnerI use my spinner for corn on the cob. I cook the corn with a little water onthe bottom of the pan, more like steaming but it still gets full of water. I can fit 4 pieces of corn in there. After spinning it's dry and no more drippy butter.
Yesterday I spun 3 heads of romaine lettuce at one time. I love this tool.:)

Thanks for all the great ideas!!

It makes great storage for watermelon, especially when taking it with you somewhere. Set cut watermelon in the large basket, put it in the large see-thru bowl, and the lid keeps the flies out. Being in the basket allows the juice to fall to the bottom so it's not setting in the juice when people are served.

...and did anyone mention draining frozen spinach? That was a pain before this tool!

I am a devoted fan of Alton Brown... he used his for draining potatoes before frying (because the less water on the potato, the less oil the potato will absorb)... I think he used it on his fish before flouring and battering, too.

I used my spinner so much today. I spun spinach, romaine, olives and grapes. Fun!
I don't know, still, if I would ever pay $50 for this. I do live in Dutch country and am married to a Swede. Anyone have a "commercial" or something just really convincing. I know I only have it because I was able to purchase it as a host special for $20. I love the stones and the cookware and would have no problem "selling" those because I really see the value. Hopefully, because I talk about the great qualities of the spinner others will see the value because it's what they really care about. I guess, I'm more of a cooker and baker.
Help if you want.

Related to Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe with Salad Berry Spinner

What is a Salad and Berry Spinner?

A Salad and Berry Spinner is a kitchen tool designed to clean and dry lettuce, greens, and berries quickly and efficiently. It consists of a spinning basket with a colander insert, a lid with a pump mechanism, and a bowl to catch excess water.

How does the Salad and Berry Spinner work?

To use the Salad and Berry Spinner, simply place your produce in the colander insert, secure the lid, and pump the handle several times to spin the basket. The spinning motion will help remove excess water from the produce, leaving it clean and dry.

Is the Salad and Berry Spinner dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Salad and Berry Spinner is dishwasher safe. We recommend placing it in the top rack of your dishwasher for best results.

Can I use the Salad and Berry Spinner for other foods besides salad and berries?

While the Salad and Berry Spinner is primarily designed for cleaning and drying lettuce and berries, it can also be used for other produce such as herbs, green beans, and cherry tomatoes.

How do I clean and maintain my Salad and Berry Spinner?

To clean your Salad and Berry Spinner, simply disassemble the parts and wash them with warm, soapy water. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before storing. You can also use a mild vinegar solution to remove any stains or odors. Regularly cleaning and drying your Salad and Berry Spinner will help maintain its effectiveness and longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • meowmix