• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So... Where Did Your Sales Go???

In summary, John's highest fund-raising event ever closed with $4,260.24 in sales from 30 guest orders and 3 host orders. However, the poor showing in sales relative to last year may be because of the large number of orders.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I had to take a real double take after closing all my May parties. 2 for that matter. 1 was an actual cooking show with $513.05 in sales. The other was a month long Fundraising event for HWC. That one closed last night at $4,260.24. My highest ever fundrasing event. There was only one sticking point. Here is what I found: I sold 3 sets of rubber gloves, 14 kitchen brushes, 13 of the scoops; 1 Platter and Woven Rectangle combos and 2 of the Trios. That is only 30 guest products and 3 host products. (I know, I would have ordered the 4th as a past host but forgot to do so and I really did not want to influence the bad numbers.)
I would say after 43 guest orders, 2 host orders and 2 past host orders, that really was a very, very poor showing. However, thanks to the large amount of orders, the total donation to HWC is $1098.06 for 2008. I am just curious to see how everyone else did product and donation wise. I am hoping HO is looking at the staggering amount of NO SALES on the pink stuff. Maybe then they will not get so imaginative next year. Go back to some of the old and maybe a new but repeat something we already sell in good numbers and simply turn it pink. Hey, a few years back they actually asked us what we wanted to see. Maybe they will do that again as we ARE the ones out there listening and seeing what our guests buy!

I was surprised at how popular the little scoop was...and how unpopular the gloves were. Personally, I am crazy about the gloves...but not all that many guests were.

I had a sheet of paper where I was keeping track of how many of each that I sold...but I think it got tossed when I was cleaning off my desk the other day - LOL

Congratulations on an awesome month John!

Here's my stats:

25 scoops
33 brushes
10 gloves
3 bowl trios
3 SA/Woven

A far cry from last year.

Good Morning...

Here is what I managed to sell:

30 scoops
37 brushes
9 gloves
4 bowl trios
3 SA/Woven

I agree with John ~ leave well enough alone. Most all of my guests were not impressed with the pink items. BUT, you sell what you have...

Especially when one host received 4 "pairs" of Left Handed gloves? :blushing: Not sure how that happened...

I really liked the Brush, can't validate the $$ of the scoop and my gloves stitching had come apart after 3 weeks of showing them (not a real good selling point).

I did far better with the pink scraper last year.

I sold more scoops than anything--I think it's because it looked like a tata.

I had, too, had someone complain about 2 left gloves - they were looking at the "L" on the glove as whether it was right or left, rather than LARGE!

This is embarrassing:
Gloves - 2
Brush - 7
Scoop - 8
SA - 4
Bowl Trio - 5

Mine is pretty low too.

gloves - 2
scoop - 8
brush - 3
bowls - 2 (1 was mine)

I think that the pink mini-measure all was a good seller. I also like the polka dot SA pieces. Maybe some with the stripe (to match bowl trio & plates) next year. Pink twixits were good too.

My pink sales are horrible.

People just weren't into them. Now, in my opinion, next year make a pink food chopper and it would fly off the shelves. Or a pink can opener, a regular pink spatula, or even a set of pink twix-it clips.

just my thoughts.

This was the first year that I had earned the pink product. I actually booked most of my May shows because someone wanted one of the pink items.

The pink twixts were amazingly popular, I remember. Know what I think would be adorable? A Pink Mini Serving Spatula.

Ok, this is very sad, but I sold 1 set of the kitchen gloves and that's it. And that was to a retired consultant! Of my 3 cooking shows this month, 2 declined their host special, and the one who did order picked the rectangle platter. Most people said "are those the only pink items??" I had much better luck last May.

Alot of my guests weren't really thrilled with the pink products but I don't have any previous years to compare it to as I only had 1 show last May! I still have two shows to close for May but as of right now I'm at:
8 gloves
12 kitchen brushes
17 Mini scoops
6 platter/tray combo
4 pink trio bowls

I guess that's 47 so far. I know there's more from my last two shows.

I didn't sell any pink things this year.

The Simple Additions cups & square plates were far better sellers, IMO.
Also, the pink lettuce knife. I wasn't around when the pink microfiber cloths were around, but those would probably sell well again.

Pitiful here.

gloves- 7
kitchen brushes- 10
Mini Scoops- 11
Pink trios- 4

Well I think we all made our point...The home office is gonna take one look at the sales of the pink items and hopefully will say "Boy did we goof!"

I love the idea of a pink handled Mini-Spatula! Heck I would buy a ton just for me! Yep, I am so into the Pink Food Chopper Idea. AND I think it is awefull that we do not have ALL the pink products available to everyone. Remember all the requests we had to buy the pink cups? Then to make matters worse, they ended up with so many left over they had to push a second HWC month in October?
I say creat 5 items in pink or one nuetral. Then pick two and discount those for the hosts but let our guests order them too at full price. I mean come on, what's the big deal in that? I just do not get it!
I mean they want us to fail???

Mine are the worst of all, only 3 kitchen brushes and 2 scoops, 0 gloves and 4S A platters and 5 trio's. That is out of 10 shows and I showed all of the pink products at all of my shows!

I'm a UK Consultant and we had our first ever "Help Whip Cancer" month last year (07). Our pinkies included your "left-overs" from the year before I believe - pink SA dots cups and squares, pink scraper, pink mini-measure all cup and pink bar board and quik-cut paring knife - they were all great sellers!

I bet this year (our Breast Cancer awareness month falls in October) we will be getting your "left overs" from last year which I think included those cute pink SA small bowls - hope so!

But boy, on reading the current year stats I'm not looking forward to getting them in 09 - and I bet they'll have tons over!

(On an almost related matter can anyone tell me if you guys get specific PC HWC pink aprons to wear please?)

Last edited:
Belinda Wood said:
I'm a UK Consultant and we had our first ever "Help Whip Cancer" month last year (07). Our pinkies included your "left-overs" from the year before I believe - pink SA dots cups and squares, pink scraper, pink mini-measure all cup and pink bar board and quik-cut paring knife - they were all great sellers!

I bet this year (our Breast Cancer awareness month falls in October) we will be getting your "left overs" from last year which I think included those cute pink SA small bowls - hope so!

But boy, on reading the current year stats I'm not looking forward to getting them in 09 - and I bet they'll have tons over!

(On an almost related matter can anyone tell me if you guys get specific PC HWC pink aprons to wear please?)

Oooooh - you got the good stuff!!!
As for the aprons - we've had the opportunity to earn HWC aprons a few times over the years.

I just closed out my last May show last night. A total of 56 products. The scoops and brushes were my big sellers with 19 and 16 of each. I sold 6 each of the host special and 9 gloves. Not too bad for my first full May. But then again, I had over $4000 in sales and these products didn't go too well.

pampered1224 said:
The other was a month long Fundraising event for HWC. That one closed last night at $4,260.24. My highest ever fundrasing event!

WOW!!! How do you do fundraisers this great??? I can't comprehend the sales of fundraisers in the CN every month:eek: Incredible job! Any tips you'd recommend?

PamperChefCarol said:
My pink sales are horrible.

People just weren't into them. Now, in my opinion, next year make a pink food chopper and it would fly off the shelves. Or a pink can opener, a regular pink spatula, or even a set of pink twix-it clips.

just my thoughts.

Great idea!!!

Here are my sad looking stats:
1 glove
18 Measure and Scoop
19 Brushes
3 trio bowls

My numbers:

Woven Selections Basket & Platter - 11
Pink Bowl Trio - 8
Gloves - 25
Brush - 48 (this was my favorite item)
Scoop - 40

It seems to me that PC hits the mark every other year. I too would like to see twix it clips as well as one of the scrapers in pink, towels in pink stripes, pink quick stir pitcher (not just for the host), a set of 3 quick cut paring knives in pink or a pink silicone trivet or hot pad.

This is the second year that I will be matching the dollar that PC gives for each product with a dollar of my own and give anyone that orders all three pink items a free Season's Best. I had 16 guests that ordered all three items.

I also submitted $4197.89 in fundraiser show sales.

Whoo hooo. You did a great job.

Awesome job CindyThat is great! Just so everyone knows my secret, it took some major "out of the box" thinking. I wanted to do something big so I choose to "confront" 4 friends who each own resturants in different areas. Now, this may sound weird but they are all part of the Camp Heartland Fundraising Dining Out program. They sign a contract so Camp Heartland can be their only Fundrasing event. But that did not stop each from donating cash. Now to make the cash work, I simply told each donor that I was going to go to double their total donation amount which was $2000. My goal then became $4000 in sales. I GAVE EVERY GUEST 50% off their order witha $100 plus order. My donors had no problem with that. There is a catch though. First understand that the total donation from the fundraiser was $1065. Add the few HWC products and that came to $1098. Now, the catch, I had to make up the difference from the $2000 to the $1098. So I personally bought a money order for ACS yesterday for $902. I gave it to one of my $500 donors and he sent it out for me. (I did this on purpose to CYA with everyone.) My entire commission plus a few cash donations from guests made that work. I mean why not? It did what I wanted it to do, I didn't Fake anyone out and all the proceeds went to where I and my donors wanted them to be.
So I ended up making a huge donation which the most important part. The rest sortta fell into place after that. I had to beat my previous May's and the $4000 did that. Then I managed to cross the $100,000 career sales mark.
The hardest part of all this was that I didn't even do it until May 23rd! That is when it first dawned on me to ask for finacial help rather than "party" help. I literrally did it in one week!

Last edited:

1. What is "So... Where Did Your Sales Go???"

"So... Where Did Your Sales Go???" is a popular training program offered by Pampered Chef to help consultants increase their sales and grow their business.

2. Who can participate in "So... Where Did Your Sales Go???"

Any Pampered Chef consultant can participate in "So... Where Did Your Sales Go???" regardless of their level or experience. The program is designed to help all consultants improve their sales techniques.

3. How long is the "So... Where Did Your Sales Go???" program?

The program is typically 6 weeks long, with one training session per week. However, the exact duration may vary depending on your consultant's schedule and the pace at which they complete the program.

4. What topics are covered in "So... Where Did Your Sales Go???"

The program covers a variety of topics related to increasing sales, such as effective communication, hostess coaching, upselling techniques, and building customer relationships. Each week focuses on a different aspect of sales and provides practical tips and strategies for improvement.

5. How can I sign up for "So... Where Did Your Sales Go???"

You can sign up for "So... Where Did Your Sales Go???" through your Pampered Chef consultant. They will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to participate in the program and help you track your progress along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
Replies
Views
lauradahl