• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Sale? No Turquoise Shaw or Choc Jac 4 Me?

In summary, Lisa ordered on Tuesday, and has not received her order yet. She is worried that the shirts will run out before she receives her order.
What you're seeing on your card is most likely an authorization. Merrill will authorize your card for the full amount of your order when you place it, to make sure you can cover the whole charge. They will then authorize your card as they ship items for the actual amount of whatever ships.

For example, you could have a $60 order, but $20 is on backorder. You would see a $60 authorization as soon as you place the order, and then a $40 authorization in a couple of days. Then when the backordered item ships later, you'll see $20. The $60 authorization will fall off in about 7 days.

The $1 authorizations are generally created by the system they use to verify that your address matches the address on your card (and will also fall off).

ok I ordered the xl red jacket, the turquoise shawl, $30 worth of stickers, a making strides tshirt & 2 of the 3/4 sleeve snap shirts the second we got the email..... Last night I got an email saying my jacket was not available and checked the Merrill site nothing in my cart has been processed and no charges to my ccI HATE Merrill why can't we get a reliable (size wise) vendor loved it when Jay owned A Visible Difference Everything fit and was a great price

Maybe something is in the wind, that's why Merrill is dumping product.

Teresa Lynn said:
ok I ordered the xl red jacket, the turquoise shawl, $30 worth of stickers, a making strides tshirt & 2 of the 3/4 sleeve snap shirts the second we got the email..... Last night I got an email saying my jacket was not available and checked the Merrill site nothing in my cart has been processed and no charges to my ccI HATE Merrill why can't we get a reliable (size wise) vendor loved it when Jay owned A Visible Difference Everything fit and was a great price
:confused:What do you mean by that? If you completed the "check out" process, there wouldn't be anything in your cart anymore.
I don't know of any way to check shipping status or even Order Status, etc. I just see Order History for submitted orders showing what I ordered. (which- what company these days DOESN'T have a way to check your order status/shipping/tracking, etc...how ancient is that??)

Judybabe said:
Maybe something is in the wind, that's why Merrill is dumping product.

No, they traditionally get rid of stuff for a new season. I just think some of these things haven't sold as well as the planned so they have to dump the prices to get business.

sorry it was a typo, not the site the customer service rep said it wasnt processed

NooraK said:
What you're seeing on your card is most likely an authorization. Merrill will authorize your card for the full amount of your order when you place it, to make sure you can cover the whole charge. They will then authorize your card as they ship items for the actual amount of whatever ships.

For example, you could have a $60 order, but $20 is on backorder. You would see a $60 authorization as soon as you place the order, and then a $40 authorization in a couple of days. Then when the backordered item ships later, you'll see $20. The $60 authorization will fall off in about 7 days.

The $1 authorizations are generally created by the system they use to verify that your address matches the address on your card (and will also fall off).

I kinda get that except that authorizing the full amount and authorizing almost double are two different things and can wreck havoc on one's budget.

PamperedChefLayla said:
So far no e-mail or phone call so maybe my items are coming

Ditto!

And the minimum length of messages is really annoying sometimes :p

Yes, it stinks with debit cards. The system was created for credit cards (where it doesn't really matter that much), and has not been changed to accommodate debit cards which draw on your checking account.

Ok, I just checked my bank account and my balance and available balance are about $81 shy of eachother, which was the amount of my Merril order, but the Merril charge is not showing up on my account yet, and I placed my order almost a week ago. I did get an email confirmation of my order but haven't rec'd anything saying any of my items weren't available... so I'm wondering what exactly is going on?I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what's up. I'm worried after seeing everyone else's posts :(

kdangel518 said:
Ok, I just checked my bank account and my balance and available balance are about $81 shy of eachother, which was the amount of my Merril order, but the Merril charge is not showing up on my account yet, and I placed my order almost a week ago. I did get an email confirmation of my order but haven't rec'd anything saying any of my items weren't available... so I'm wondering what exactly is going on?

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what's up. I'm worried after seeing everyone else's posts :(

I had to call to find out what was going on!

If you haven't gotten an e-mail yet, you may want to call. I hadn't received anything - no email or charge on my card - and I called today. Apparently, there was one item one my order that was not available but the rest were. They were holding my order b/c of the one item not available. Once I called, they removed that item & released the order.

Interesting....I placed my first order about 3 days before the 2nd order & got the 2nd order, but not the first one???

Those who wanted the xl brown micro saude jacket. Got it, love it---but only about 4" away from zipping up. Figured I'd see if someone local wanted it. Does anyone know if it can be returned? If not, have one for sale. BUMMED b/c it looks very nice and normally wear an xl. PM me if you want to make a deal as I'm not on here all the time.

flemings99 said:
Those who wanted the xl brown micro saude jacket. Got it, love it---but only about 4" away from zipping up. Figured I'd see if someone local wanted it. Does anyone know if it can be returned? If not, have one for sale. BUMMED b/c it looks very nice and normally wear an xl. PM me if you want to make a deal as I'm not on here all the time.
That's so strange. Their sizing is so off. I normally wear a Lg on top - but my Lg chocolate m/s jacket is too big!

flemings99 said:
Interesting....I placed my first order about 3 days before the 2nd order & got the 2nd order, but not the first one???

PM'ed ya on the jacket :thumbup:

flemings99 said:

Spoke with Merrill this morning. My first order shipped yesterday, but didn't get the totes either :( Was going to gift them to my team.

You are able to return items that don't fit--you pay return shipping, they pay shipping to send out the corrected item. However, they can't guarantee that the replacement item will still be avail. when they get the return. Guess you're better off reordering the next size & paying the shipping if you really want it.

Argh! Decided to call this morning since I haven't heard much. I had gotten an email saying I wasn't going to get the Director 3/4 Sleeve Crew Neck Shirt in Pink. No other communication.Today's call let me know the rest will be here tomorrow (Thursday) minus THREE other items; Diaper Bag/Tote Bag, Notepads and Promo Clips. Would have been nice to know that HALF my order isn't coming! On a positive note, it looks like I am getting the turquoise shawl.I really wish they had more ability to track or check on or orders online instead of having to call.

Last edited:
I also called this morning and found out that my order shipped (yay!) with everything BUT the 7 jotters I ordered as gifts for my team (and future team and DH!) boo.... Oh well, it saved me some $$ and explains why my account hasn't reconciled fully yet as they had to adjust the amount they charged me to deduct the $14 for the jotters and adjust the shipping charges. Hoping I can find something else cute for my team for the holidays.

At least DH and I got our travel document holders!

I got my honey jacket today, but it's damaged on the right chest area. Just opposite the monogramming. rats. Hate to call Merrill to return it since they are so busy...I just called them, they are sending me a new jacket. This one I'll cut up and use in that pampered chef tabletop quilt I'm making. They were super nice, Thanks Merrill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...so here's a wierd one. I got my FIRST order today. (I ordered a couple bags, and then went back and did a third order to get a different size microsuede jacket). I had been emailed that my XL Choc. Jacket and one of the Youth T-shirts I ordered was no longer available...so that's why I placed a 3rd order with a diff. siz/color jacket. I got my first order today _WITH THE JACKET AND THE T-SHIRT!!! I have no way to go online and check my credit card order charged.So now we'll see what comes in the rest of my orders. Goofy people! :) But I'm happy- but I have to go check and make sure if they fit and any damage etc.

This one I'll cut up and use in that pampered chef tabletop quilt I'm making

I'd love to see pics, either in progress, but for sure when done.

Do you do these to sell??

I want to learn to quilt so bad, wish we lived closer.

Lisa

I'm so jealous of everyone that has their order...I guess antsy is a nicer way to say how I'm feeling.

I guess I will be calling as well. They have not charged my account, I have received no emails regarding items not available, and I haven't received anything. This is frustrating!!!

I haven't received my order either ... but I was told it should ship on Monday, and it's coming from Minnesota. I really hope it comes by Friday. I have a booth.

I got my order today! Got the blue "sweater" shirt. Should have maybe got a size larger, runs a little small but I am loosing weight so it should fit better soon. Got the 3/4 length black shirt with sleeve accents. Cute and fits good. Had ordered the brown and pink shirt but it's no longer available. Bummed about that one, it's the one I wanted the most.

I like the HWC T-shirt- it's black with Pink lettering (it wasn't the Dollar deals- but I got it with the other stuff), and what I like most is the Logo is really large on the BACK of the T-shirt. I bought it so I could wear it to the gym. :) People would see my BACK. And I too wish the sweater was a little looser, but like you Wadesgirl, I'm trying to get back into shape and my DH is helping me with weights, etc...to tone up the upper parts more! :D

esavvymom said:
I like the HWC T-shirt- it's black with Pink lettering (it wasn't the Dollar deals- but I got it with the other stuff), and what I like most is the Logo is really large on the BACK of the T-shirt. I bought it so I could wear it to the gym. :) People would see my BACK. And I too wish the sweater was a little looser, but like you Wadesgirl, I'm trying to get back into shape and my DH is helping me with weights, etc...to tone up the upper parts more! :D

See now if I had known the brown and pink shirt was gone I would have ordered the HWC shirt. I almost got it instead of the blue one but decided to get the blue one while I could. I was trying to max out my shipping cost as well as I could.

Never thought about selling a tabletop quilt! maybe should wait to ask until you see it! HA, might not be something anybody would want!haven't been able to find a quilt guild out here, but try finding one in your neighborhood. PA should have lots. They will explain and teach stuff and offer classes that you can get involved with. wonderful groups.when I get it designed and/or finished I'll post a pic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AFWife34
  • ragschef