• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell"

In summary, the patient is feeling overwhelmed and unsupported by her peers and management. She is trying to make sense of what is happening to her, but is having difficulty doing so. She is on a low iodine diet and has been ordered to stay in isolation for a week. She is looking forward to trying out some new comedy movies.
pjpamchef
Silver Member
It's been 4 weeks since my surgery to remove my entire Thyroid, and things are starting to get pretty foggy!(I feel like I'm walking thru Jello) My Director keeps telling me I need to make phone calls, and get something going! Are you kidding me, the perfect job for me right now would be to watch cement dry!! I try to talk to people, but they don't make any sense! They keep skipping around and I can't follow their conversation! They need to talk slower and use smaller words!!
I've been on the LID (Low Iodine Diet) now for 12 days with 1 more week to go before my treatment! I'm eating no-salt Matzo bread!! (It's the only thing I can figue out to eat with my guacamole!) I decided to make a double batch of the Banana muffins from their cookbook (used the silicone pan!), and that went so well, made a double batch of the Turkey Breakfast Sausage, OK, well, I doubled everything except the meat!! 4TBS SAGE!!! OMG it sticks to the top of my mouth! But I"m going to eat it anyway!
Because of all the rain, I go rent a couple movies for my DD, Nim's Island, and Bridge to Tarabithia. I CRIED and CRIED thru both those movies, there should be a warning on the label "do not watch if your hormones are out of wack!!"
This is what I need:
I will be in isolation for apox 1 week, begining next Wed, I am thinking I will rent COMEDY!!! Right now Wedding Crashers has been suggested, I need funny movies guys! So let's hear it, What is your favorite COMEDY. I have also decided this will be the perfect time to learn Saduko, maybe I can finally master that stupid Rubic's cube!!

I love "Hitch." Will Smith is always a good movie bet, but Kevin James is hilarious in it, too. Very much the movie to watch if you need a pick-me-up. Good luck with everything!!!

Have you seen "Last Holiday"? It is too hilarious!
The Pink Panther with Steve Martin
The Nutty Professor with Eddie Murphy
Also The Klumps with Eddie Murphy
Any of the old Three Stooges or Abbott & Costello movies
Georgia Rule
Beauty Shop
Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman
Mrs. Doubtfire with Robin Williams (just about anything that is a comedy with Robin Williams is hilarious)

Hopefully this will get you started. Do you subscribe to NetFlix? We've switched from Blockbuster because of the rising costs. We also found out that we are one day mailing distance from a major distributor so we get our movies in one day from returning them...so it is like the store only better!

I will keep you in my prayers! Don't watch any more dramas! LOL!

You need to watch Legally Blonde! Those movies always pick me up!

Redbox is GREAT too! They are at most Walmarts and grocery stores. Yoiu rent them for just a buck and return them by 9om the next night or they'll charge your card another buck. New releases and Monday and Wednesday they were offering free movies on those days. It is redbox

And "The Princess Bride". And (though I'm alsmost ashamed to admit it.... "Wedding Crashers". Totally crass, and not my usual type of movie, but I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life as when I watched that movie. And I'm a PRUDE!

Failure to Launch
Without a Paddle (sooooooo funny!)
Overboard (with Goldie Hawn)
There's something about Mary (crude...not my style, but I about peed myself laughing!)

KellyTheChef said:
Failure to Launch
Without a Paddle (sooooooo funny!)
Overboard (with Goldie Hawn)
There's something about Mary (crude...not my style, but I about peed myself laughing!)

Love this one! Also:

Captain Ron (makes me laugh everytime!)
The Jerk
How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days

and as already mentioned - The Princess Bride!

I LOVE "The Jerk". It's a classic. And "Overboard" cracks me up. People are hard on "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" I think it's hilarious!

ChefBeckyD said:
Love this one! Also:

Captain Ron (makes me laugh everytime!)
The Jerk
How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days

and as already mentioned - The Princess Bride!

What are Mommy and Daddy doing? Oh, they're playing hide the salami in the shower...

Anybody want a peanut?

So, it's down to you and it's down to me...

Jump in after her!
I can't swim.
I only dog paddle.
AGGHH!

I donna suppose you could speed things up?
If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you.
That does put a damper on our relationship.

You seem a decent fellow... I hate to kill you.
You seem a decent fellow... I hate to die.

You mock my pain.
Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Get back, witch.
I'm not a witch, I'm your wife. But after what you just said, I'm not even sure I want to be that any more.

Have fun stormin' da castle.
Think it'll work?
It would take a miracle.

Oh, I forgot...Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...

The original Pink Panther series with Peter Sellers...The Pink Panther
A Shot In The Dark

Speaking of Peter Sellers...two classic comedies that might be a little dated or too highbrow for some to me are just hysterical...Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb
The Mouse That Roared

In the mi '60s, there was a massive comedy project that is actually a very interesting study of human nature and starred everyone who was anyone in Hollywood...It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad WorldZucker Abrahms and Zucker:AIRPLANE!
The Naked Gun
Naked Gun 2-1/2: The Smell of Fear
Naked Gun 33-1/2: The Final Insult
Silver Streak (Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder at their best)The Mel Brooks franchise:Blazing Saddles
History of the World Part I
The Producers
(The newer musical version is even funnier than the original 1969 version!)
Young Frankenstein
High Anxiety
(It helps if you're a fan of Hitchcock to get the references in this one)
Spaceballs

(You might want to skip Silent Movie - it's comedy on a different level)Or...You could just check the American Film Institute's Top 100 Comedies

smspamperedchef said:
Redbox is GREAT too! They are at most Walmarts and grocery stores. Yoiu rent them for just a buck and return them by 9om the next night or they'll charge your card another buck. New releases and Monday and Wednesday they were offering free movies on those days. It is redbox

We LOVE Redbox...if anyone wants a free trial, you just enter DVDONME on the kiosk and it should work for a free rental (new users only). Very cost effective, and easy to find kiosks (McDonald's has them, too).

I'm so sorry and COMPLETELY understand what you're going through. My hormones are STILL out of whack and cry EVERYTIME someone is crying on TV and it's been 3 yrs since my surgery.

How about
The wedding singer
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
13 going on 30
Liar Liar

I resisting watching this movie for so long, but once I did I couldn't stop laughing--Napoleon Dynamite.

DebbieJ said:
I resisting watching this movie for so long, but once I did I couldn't stop laughing--Napoleon Dynamite.

I'm still resisting that movie but maybe I should watch it!

My favorite comedy is What about Bob, with Bill Murray.

My New Favorite Comedy is WILD HOGS!!! You have to see this. My stomach hurt from laughing so much!!!! Plus I love John Travolta!!!

For me.. anything Monty Python... anything Mel Brooks...
I have a twisted sense of humor so movies like Beetlejuice make my day. I'd recommend Harold & Maude but the ending will make you cry, yet fill your heart with hope. The Princess Bride definitely... Miss Congeniality, Hot Rod was funny too... didn't expect much from it but got some great laughs... can't think of any others at the moment though.

mrssyvo said:
My favorite comedy is What about Bob, with Bill Murray.

OH! How did I forget this one? I LOVE this movie!

Baby steps......

is over my dead body out yet ??? i loved it and the steve martin series of cheaper by the dozen

Related to Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell"

1. What is "Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell"?

"Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell" is a delicious and easy-to-make dip recipe that is perfect for parties, potlucks, or snacking at home. It is made with cream cheese, shredded cheese, bacon, and green onions, and is served hot with crackers or chips.

2. How do I make "Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell"?

To make "Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell", you will need 8 oz of cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheese (such as cheddar or Colby jack), 6 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon, and 1/4 cup of chopped green onions. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, then transfer to an oven-safe dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

3. Can I make "Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make "Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell" ahead of time by preparing the dip and storing it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the dip is chilled.

4. What are some variations I can make to "Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell"?

There are many variations you can make to "Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell" to suit your tastes. Some ideas include adding diced jalapenos for a spicy kick, using different types of shredded cheese, or topping the dip with crushed crackers before baking.

5. Can I use low-fat or fat-free ingredients in "Slowly Slipping Into "Hypo Hell"?

While you can certainly use low-fat or fat-free cream cheese and shredded cheese in this recipe, it may alter the texture and taste slightly. You can also try using turkey bacon as a healthier option. However, we recommend using full-fat ingredients for the best flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies