• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Renting vs Purchasing: My Isolation Viewing Plan

In summary, the person decided against renting movies due to concerns of contamination. They went to a local used store and purchased several comedies for a low price. They also plan to watch some old VHS tapes and DVDs, including Pirates of the Caribbean. They will be isolated for a few days due to a medical treatment for thyroid cancer, and have prepared a spare bedroom with a TV and DVD player. They will also have to be careful with their trash and keep it separate for three months. The person's friend went through a similar treatment and is now cancer-free. The person is hopeful for the same outcome and mentions that different treatment centers have their own safety standards. They also mention the need to keep their cat away during this time.
pjpamchef
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone who repsonded! I decided renting was not a good idea, as I could contaminate the dvd, I'm suppose to let things that I touch "degrade" for something like 3 months!! So, I went to our local used and purchased.
Here is my expected viewing while in isolation:
Dr Strangelove (figure the Kitchen Guy can't be wrong!)
Hitch, Wedding crashers, Wild Hogs, How to loose a guy in 10 days, Nepoleon Dynamite. They were each only $4!! They didn't have Captain Ron!!
I'm also going to dig out some of my old VHS, I have Young Frankenstien, Princess Bride and What about Mary, plus look thru my collection of dvd, I'm sure Pirates of the C is in there somewhere! That should hold me.
Tomorrow I start working on getting my meals ready. And my family ready!

Re: Comedies!How are you supposed to not contaminate the remotes and other things you touch...can you seal them in a ziploc bag?

I don't remember what you said you were having done that you are quarantined.

Re: Comedies!You are going to be laughing and laughing and laughing!!!! Enjoy!!!

Re: Comedies!To treat Thyroid Cancer they starve the body of Iodine and get your body in a deep state of Hypothyroidism. Thyroid cells absorb iodine. On Wed I will go into the Hospital and they will give me a radioactive iodine pill. Thus tricking the remaining thyroid cells into absorbing the radioactive material, then they die!! I will be in isolation there for 24 -48 hrs, and then they send me home. They will tell me then how long I have to stay in isolation at home, usually 4-7 days. I spent today setting up the spare bedroom. Luckily I won a TV at the Women's fair earlier this year, had purchased a cheap DVD player and set it up in my office to watch PC dvds! I just moved it into my new space, and yes it and the remotes etc will be considered contaminated for at least 3 months. So I will just kinda shut that room off when I'm done, and hope for no guests!!! I'm sending my girls to stay with MIL, she will get them off to school etc. Good thing we have 2 bathrooms, no one can use the one I will be using. Last thing I have to get ready is my food, I'm thinking lean cusine, then just trash containers. Of course I have to keep my trash seperate, and hold it for the 3 months, (I need to re-read those instructions to make sure).

Re: Comedies!Interesting... my best friend was treated for Thyroid Cancer this way this past January and she didn't mention anything about stuff being contaminated for 3 months. In fact, her entire family was able to stay home, she was just quarantened to a seperate bedroom and bathroom. On the plus side she is now cancer free, so here's hoping you get the same result!

Re: Comedies!I pray that this is the solution to being CANCER FREE! I have never heard of a treatment like this before...but then again, never knew someone with thyroid cancer. Good luck to you and to your family through this time!

{{{HUGS}}}

Re: Comedies!Definitely - my prayers will be with you.

Re: Comedies!The one thing I have learned from doing a lot of research is each treatment center has their own "Saftey Standards". Ours here is one of the strict ones. Some don't even have you stay at all in the Hospital, they do it as an outpatient! It's crazy when you think about it!

Re: Comedies!Make sure you leave your cat in the other part of the house.

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/08/funny-pictures-your-radioactive-cat-must-be-contained.jpg

Related to Renting vs Purchasing: My Isolation Viewing Plan

1. What is the difference between renting and purchasing a Pampered Chef Isolation Viewing Plan?

Renting a Pampered Chef Isolation Viewing Plan allows you to use the plan for a set period of time, while purchasing gives you permanent ownership of the plan.

2. How long is the rental period for the Isolation Viewing Plan?

The rental period for the Isolation Viewing Plan is typically 24 hours, but may vary depending on the specific plan.

3. What are the benefits of renting the Isolation Viewing Plan?

Renting the Isolation Viewing Plan allows you to save money upfront and only pay for the time you need the plan. It also gives you the flexibility to upgrade to a different plan if desired.

4. Can I purchase the Isolation Viewing Plan after renting it?

Yes, you can purchase the Isolation Viewing Plan at any time during or after the rental period. The amount you have already paid for the rental will be deducted from the purchase price.

5. Are there any additional fees associated with renting or purchasing the Isolation Viewing Plan?

No, there are no additional fees associated with renting or purchasing the Isolation Viewing Plan. The price you see is the total cost.

Back