• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifYou Need Mini-CuPampered Chefakes in a Hurry...

In summary, the speaker shares their experience of making a mini-cupcake birthday cake for their daughter using a microwave coffee cup cake mix and a saute pan. They also mention that the cake can be topped with white chocolate chips and caramel or butterscotch ice cream topping. The speaker also mentions using a small scoop to make 12 mini cupcakes and decorating the cake with pink buttercream and fondant flowers. They explain that they get ideas from books and Google searches and that they do not showcase their cakes at shows. Other speakers admire the cake and express their inability to do such professional-looking decorations.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
So I was up late on Saturday night making my daughter's birthday cake, when I realised my original plan wasn't going to work, and I needed mini-cupcakes in a hurry! And I also didn't want to make a whole huge batch from a whole cake mix as well as the rest of her cake...

But along came PC to the rescue!!

A few weeks ago I decided to try to make a mini-skillet cake, so I started with the microwave coffe cup cake mix (1 box of cake mix, one box of pudding mix) and I took one cup of the mixture, 1 egg, 2 Tbsp Oil and 4 Tbsp water, and it worked perfectly in the 8" saute pan, baked for about 15 mins at 350F. This is a great size cake for my family, not too big.

This is AWESOME topped with a mixture of white chocolate chips melted with a caramel or butterscotch icecream topping, and then some SC sprinkles or chopped pecans. Yum! But I digress... :)

Anyway, I suddenly realised that I could use this to make a small batch of mini-cup cakes, and it worked really well! I used the small scoop and got exactly 12 cupcakes, they are so cute!

So, here is the end result...

Attachments

• ButterflyCakeAbbie5thBirthday.jpg
    ButterflyCakeAbbie5thBirthday.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Abbie&CakeCropped.jpg
    Abbie&CakeCropped.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 345
wow! thats beautiful..looks like she loved it too!:balloon:

Wow! That is so cute! I wish I could do cute fun stuff like that for my kids cakes! :) What do you use to do the decorating? Wilton bags with different tips? Where do you get your ideas?

Annie, you win the creativity prize today! Very cool.

I can't write anything, because I'm totally speechless at how awesome that is!!!

So, do you demo these cakes at your shows?

babywings76 said:
Wow! That is so cute! I wish I could do cute fun stuff like that for my kids cakes! :) What do you use to do the decorating? Wilton bags with different tips? Where do you get your ideas?

The cake was covered with pink buttercream, and the purple and green are buttercream piped with a bag and a star tip. The flowers were actually left-over from a fondant covered birthday cake that I did for my neighbor (check out my album if you are interested, that is one of my favourite cakes)! They are made of fondant with some luster dust on bits of them, I was glad to have them already made, because I really didn't know how I was going to decorate the cake, then I thought of those and just stuck them on :).

For ideas, I have some great books that I get ideas from, sometimes I do google searches, and sometimes ideas pop into my head! But really, I can't do the fancy stuff that the professionals do, although I'd love to learn that someday!

And no, I do not do these at shows!

AnnieBee said:
But really, I can't do the fancy stuff that the professionals do, although I'd love to learn that someday!

And no, I do not do these at shows!

In my opinion, you just did the "fancy stuff that professionals do"! I certainly couldn't do that myself!

Thats exactly what i was thinking!!!

pcchefjane said:
In my opinion, you just did the "fancy stuff that professionals do"! I certainly couldn't do that myself!

wow! can you make my birthday cake next year?!? LOL Amazing!

1. How long do the mini-cupcakes take to bake?

The baking time for the mini-cupcakes varies depending on the recipe, but on average it takes about 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven.

2. Can I use a regular cupcake recipe to make mini-cupcakes?

Yes, you can use a regular cupcake recipe to make mini-cupcakes. Just adjust the baking time accordingly and check for doneness with a toothpick.

3. Are there any special tools needed to make mini-cupcakes?

No, you do not need any special tools to make mini-cupcakes. However, using a mini-cupcake pan makes it easier to evenly distribute the batter and gives the cupcakes a uniform size and shape.

4. Can I freeze the mini-cupcakes for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the mini-cupcakes for up to three months. Just make sure to let them cool completely before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag.

5. How many mini-cupcakes does one batch make?

This depends on the recipe and the size of the mini-cupcakes, but on average a batch makes about 24 mini-cupcakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mombird4
  • Intrepid_Chef