• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Recipes Can Be Made in the SA Tiles Small Bowl Gift Without Nuts?

In summary, the SA Tiles Small Bowl comes with a glazed nuts recipe. Anyone have any other recipes to do for that that do not have nuts in them? I think it's a cute idea! Any small cookies would work. Someplace when I was in College I saw a recipe for cream-cheese based mints that came out like buttermints - you know, those little pillow-shaped ones that everyone serves at baby showers. You could probably find a recipe for those on the internet. SA Bowl recipes
supergirljennie
In the mini holiday catty, they have the SA Tiles Small Bowl as a gift with the glazed nuts recipe. Anyone have any other recipes to do for that that do not have nuts in them? I think it's a cute idea!

Any small cookies would work. Someplace when I was in College I saw a recipe for cream-cheese based mints that came out like buttermints - you know, those little pillow-shaped ones that everyone serves at baby showers. You could probably find a recipe for those on the internet.

SA Bowl recipesI think any cookie recipe would do.

I think that also a recipe for any type of easy dip (dill mix dip, fruit dip, etc) would work. Along with a packet or container of our seasonings.

Chocolate covered strawberries. I love those!!

There are so many possibilities!!

Debbie :D

You could also but bags of holiday candy and put in them for a no bake idea.

chocolate truffles (sort of)I saw a recipe about a month or so ago...Don't remember where.

Oreo cookies
Cream cheese
Melting (candy making) chocolate

Crumble the Oreo cookies into dust

Soften cream cheese in microwave until pliable but not runny.

Roll in cookie dust.

Dip in chocolate until covered

Let harden on wax or parchment paper.

OMG!! These are awesome!

ChefMommyinOC said:
I saw a recipe about a month or so ago...Don't remember where.

Oreo cookies
Cream cheese
Melting (candy making) chocolate

Crumble the Oreo cookies into dust

Soften cream cheese in microwave until pliable but not runny.

Roll in cookie dust.

Dip in chocolate until covered

Let harden on wax or parchment paper.

OMG!! These are awesome!

They sound great! I'll have to try those. Yum!

I made that "gift" up for a fair recently and used a candle instead of food. Now I'm taking it to all my shows.

I was thinkin cookies for my daugthers teachers or doing one of those gourmet apples (since it's a teacher) gift!

Jacques Torres did a Chocolate demo for my store a couple of years ago, where he made Chocolate Corn Flakes-- they were amazing, and I make them as gifts all the time! (But I call them Happy Flakes, because when I eat them, they make me SO HAPPY!http://img90.exs.cx/img90/7870/b7ydance.gif)Here's the recipe:Chocolate Corn FlakesNote:
Crispness is important, so use a fresh box of corn flakes. You will need to have tempered chocolate ready before you begin. Use the best-quality bittersweet chocolate that you can find.
ingredients * 4 cups corn flakes
* 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, tempered directions 1. Pour the corn flakes into a large mixing bowl, then pour about half of the tempered chocolate over them. Use a rubber spatula and mix until evenly coated. The tempered chocolate will immediately begin to set. Once the chocolate has set, repeat with the remaining chocolate to give a second coat.
2. Quickly scoop small mounds of the chocolate corn flakes onto a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. I find it easiest to use one spoon to scoop and another spoon to scrape the scooped mixture onto the baking sheet. It is important to work quickly because the mixture is easier to scoop before the chocolate hardens. If your kitchen is very hot, you can place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Do not leave them in the refrigerator for more than 10 minutes; if they get too cold, condensation will form on them when they are removed from the refrigerator due to the difference in temperature between the cold chocolate and the warm air. This will cause the chocolate to turn white. While this doesn't affect the taste, it does ruin the appearance. (Recipe courtesy of Dessert Circus, Extraordinary Desserts You Can Make At Home by Jacques Torres.) MAKE AHEAD Store the cornflake mounds in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. They will keep for 2 weeks, if you can resist eating them.

How do you temper chocolate? Or do you buy it already tempered?

How do you temper chocolate? Or do you buy it already tempered?

This site looks like it has great directions on tempering http://sallys-place.com/food/columns/williams/choc_tempering.htm

Jacques told me to put 2/3 of it in the microwave (watching it carefully), then stir in the remaining third. Works for me every time!

I think that this must be how someone made chocoloate covered chex cereal..and then covered them in powdered sugar...although those were somehow individual pieces....not all clumped together at all...does anyone know that recipe? that would be great for these bowls...

The Chex site has a ton of recipes for different mixes http://www.chex.com/Recipes/RecipeIndex.aspx

these are the ones!! yummmmyyy http://www.chex.com/Recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=19919&CategoryId=342

There is a recipe on there for apple cinnamon chex that looks good also. I tried to email both the muddy buddies, which is the recipe Jennifer is talking about and the apple cinnamon one, so I could post them on this thread and save them in my recipe file. I still have not recieved the email.

chefann said:
Any small cookies would work. Someplace when I was in College I saw a recipe for cream-cheese based mints that came out like buttermints - you know, those little pillow-shaped ones that everyone serves at baby showers. You could probably find a recipe for those on the internet.

Here's a recipe I've been meaning to make.... could do mini-divinity ones too; use EAD

Attachments

• Cream Cheese Mints.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 305
  • ;-)Easy Fudge.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 357
  • ;) Mint Kissed Meringues.doc
    20 KB · Views: 273
Peanut brittle might be nice, too. I know you asked for no nuts...my mom used to make peppermint ice, too. I think it was just melted white chocoate with crushed mints in it...I'll have to ask her for the recipe...Any chex mix or trail mix or anything of the sort...maybe some of that caramel corn that everyone is raving about!

speedychef said:
..maybe some of that caramel corn that everyone is raving about!

The caramel corn is a great idea, because it makes a LOT! And I don't know a single person who doesn't love it.

And maybe you'll get a booking when they ask and you tell them you made it in the roaster. :)

The Oreo Truffles are amazing!!! I would do those~ you could drizzle white or colored candy coating (stuff) over the tops to make them seasonal...
YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

Momma23boys said:
The Oreo Truffles are amazing!!! I would do those~ you could drizzle white or colored candy coating (stuff) over the tops to make them seasonal...
YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have to have melting pan this? double boiler?

1. What are the dimensions of the Simple Additions Bowls?

The Simple Additions Bowls measure 5.5 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches in height, making them the perfect size for serving individual portions or side dishes.

2. Are the Simple Additions Bowls microwave and dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Simple Additions Bowls are both microwave and dishwasher safe for easy and convenient use. They are also oven-safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. Can I use the Simple Additions Bowls for hot and cold foods?

Yes, the Simple Additions Bowls are versatile and can be used for both hot and cold foods. They are made of durable stoneware that can withstand a wide range of temperatures.

4. Are the Simple Additions Bowls sold separately or in a set?

The Simple Additions Bowls are sold as a set of four, making them a great gift for yourself or a loved one. They also come packaged in a beautiful gift box for easy gifting.

5. Can I personalize the Simple Additions Bowls with a monogram or design?

Yes, the Simple Additions Bowls can be personalized with a monogram or design using our custom engraving service. This makes them a unique and thoughtful gift for any occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vick
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
skmartin41
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies