• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's a Simple and Tasty Side Dish for a BBQ?

In summary, easy side dish options to bring to a BBQ include pasta salad, fruit salad, coleslaw, potato salad, and grilled vegetables. To please a crowd, consider making a large batch of a classic dish or offering a variety of options. For healthy options, consider a quinoa salad, grilled vegetable skewers, or a fresh fruit platter. Make-ahead options include cold or room temperature dishes or marinated grilled vegetables. Desserts can also be brought as a side dish, such as fruit salads, brownies, cookies, or grilled fruit skewers.
babywings76
Gold Member
This Saturday we're going to a BBQ/pool party. I'm supposed to bring some sort of side dish. What is a low fuss recipe that would be good to take? We are having hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad and chips, so far.

This is one of my summer-time Favorites! Home-grown Tomatoes especially delicious in it! And it doesn't have to stay cold to be safe to consume at your party.

Tomato Cucumber Salad
Another GREAT recipe that is PC- is the Green Bean/potato salad in the front of the Spring-Mini catalog. It's really tasty and also doesn't have to be cool to stay safe at a party!! If you don't still have that recipe, I can get it for you.Both are simple to put together, IMHO. The PC recipe takes a little longer just because you have to cook the potatoes [oven (or microwave maybe) ]

Greek Cheese Torta is my all time classic take along dish.

How about the Pineapple Salsa? It's so delicious, and guests can eat it with chips as an appetizer and/or they can put it on the hamburgers or steak as a topping. I love this recipe!

Hi there! How about bringing a delicious and easy-to-make pasta salad? You can mix cooked pasta with your choice of vegetables, like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers, and toss it with a vinaigrette dressing. You can also add some protein, like grilled chicken or shrimp, for an extra filling dish. It's a great side to complement the burgers and hot dogs, and it's also perfect for a pool party because it can be served cold. Let me know if you'd like the full recipe, and have a great time at the party!

1. What are some easy side dish options to bring to a BBQ?

Some easy side dish options to bring to a BBQ include pasta salad, fruit salad, coleslaw, potato salad, and grilled vegetables.

2. How can I make a side dish that will please a crowd?

A great way to please a crowd with a side dish is to make a large batch of a classic dish, such as mac and cheese or baked beans. You can also offer a variety of options by bringing a few different dishes to choose from.

3. Are there any healthy side dish options for a BBQ?

Yes, there are many healthy side dish options for a BBQ. Some ideas include a quinoa salad, grilled vegetable skewers, or a fresh fruit platter.

4. What are some good make-ahead options for a BBQ side dish?

Make-ahead options for a BBQ side dish include dishes that can be served cold or at room temperature, such as potato salad, coleslaw, or pasta salad. You can also prepare and marinate grilled vegetables in advance and then cook them on the grill at the BBQ.

5. Can I bring a dessert as a side dish to a BBQ?

Yes, you can definitely bring a dessert as a side dish to a BBQ. Some popular dessert options for a BBQ include fruit salads, brownies, cookies, or even grilled fruit skewers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • Brenda K.