• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy but Impressive Side Dishes?

In summary, someone is looking for ideas for food to take to upcoming events. They think deviled eggs, colossal chopped salad, orzo salad with olive oil and garlic would be good choices.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm looking for some ideas on what to take to some upcoming events this week/end. Things that will be good sitting out for a few hours. I do have a C&S Tray, so I also have that as an option. Any ideas on side dishes or salads?

Greek Cheese Torta. Use the tray to serve it on so it stays cool. Put it in the middle with the bread or crackers around it. Super easy to make and so yummy!

Oh, I forgot to mention that it's buffet style eating with lots of kids. ;)

wadesgirl said:
Greek Cheese Torta. Use the tray to serve it on so it stays cool. Put it in the middle with the bread or crackers around it. Super easy to make and so yummy!

I've never made this before and I really should try it sometime. :)

Deviled Eggs, Broccoli Salad, 7 layer salad???

How about the Colossal Chopped Salad? You can cut up all the ingredients ahead of time and just combine right before. Don't combine the lettuce until the last minute, though.

I cooked the pasta and cut up all the other ingredients the night before and threw it together at work for a luncheon. It makes a lot.

Colossal Chopped Salad
1 pkg (16 oz/450 g) uncooked penne pasta
1 head romaine lettuce
1 large carrot
1/2 medium red onion
1 small head broccoli
2 plum tomatoes
1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced pitted ripe olives
2 oz (60 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup/125 mL)
1 cup (250 mL) Italian or ranch salad dressing

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold running water. Spoon pasta onto large serving platter.
2. Meanwhile, using Forged Knife - Chef's, thinly slice lettuce, carrot and red onion. Coarsely chop broccoli. Slice tomatoes into thin wedges.
3. Top pasta with lettuce, broccoli, carrot, onion, tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle
Parmesan cheese over vegetables. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.

Yield: 16 servings

I'll try that Colossal salad. That sounds good! Thanks! :)

babywings76 said:
I'll try that Colossal salad. That sounds good! Thanks! :)

It is a PC recipe too! It's in Use & Care. It's like a cross between a pasta salad and a regular salad.

babywings76 said:
I've never made this before and I really should try it sometime. :)

It's so yummy. If you want to do it you can layer it in the 2 cup prep bowls and serve it on the bamboo platter.

I make a potato salad with olive oil and garlic w/some chopped parsely, salt and pepper. It can sit out without going bad.

Also, I make Orzo Salad with cut up olives, garlic, olive oile, salt, pepper, shredded carrots, sliced radishes, red onion, tomotoes and whatever else is in the fridge if it goes. Instead of just olive oil, you can use Italian salad dressing or something like that.

These can sit out longer because there's no dairy or mayo.

Just remember the rule of thumb is two hours, though. After two hours, wrap it up and put in fridge or you risk bacteria setting in.

1. What are some easy but impressive side dish ideas for a dinner party?

Some easy but impressive side dish ideas for a dinner party include roasted vegetables with balsamic glaze, quinoa salad with fresh herbs and feta cheese, garlic and herb mashed potatoes, sautéed green beans with almonds, and baked sweet potato fries.

2. How can I make a side dish that looks fancy but is simple to prepare?

One way to make a side dish that looks fancy but is simple to prepare is by using a spiralizer to make zucchini or carrot noodles, then tossing them with a homemade pesto or marinara sauce. Another option is to stuff roasted bell peppers with a quinoa and vegetable mixture, then top them with a sprinkle of cheese before baking.

3. What are some quick and easy side dishes that pair well with grilled meats?

Some quick and easy side dishes that pair well with grilled meats include grilled corn on the cob, a simple garden salad with homemade dressing, grilled asparagus with lemon and parmesan cheese, roasted sweet potatoes with a maple glaze, and a fresh fruit salad.

4. How can I make a side dish that is both healthy and delicious?

To make a healthy and delicious side dish, opt for using fresh, seasonal vegetables and incorporating herbs and spices for flavor instead of heavy sauces or dressings. Some ideas include roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic glaze, quinoa and black bean salad with a lime vinaigrette, grilled vegetable skewers with a homemade marinade, and a Mediterranean-style cucumber and tomato salad.

5. What are some impressive side dishes that are also budget-friendly?

There are many budget-friendly side dishes that can still impress guests. Some ideas include a simple caprese salad with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil, roasted root vegetables with a honey glaze, black bean and corn salsa with homemade tortilla chips, couscous with roasted vegetables and feta cheese, and a classic macaroni and cheese with a breadcrumb topping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • HealthNut
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • chefheidi2003