• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Side Dishes for DCB Chicken: Delicious and Easy Options

Christy - if you don't have Rosemary-herb, it's also good with some freshly ground sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.
erinb
Gold Member
I have a host that would like to make a side dish that would go good with the 30 min. chicken in the DCB. Any ideas? I've not made this yet to know what the flavor is like and what would go well with it.

Garlic Bites in the saute pan.

She wants more of a veggie side dish.

Hmm...vegetables seasoned with the garlic oil and with Italian seasoning in the grill pan?

That sounds yummy! Thank you!

How about garlic mashed potatoes made in the rice cooker. You can cook them while the chicken is resting.

Actually I have a consultant on my team who throws fresh veggies in the DCB with the chicken. She adds little potato chunks and carrots and whatever she has on hand to use up. Everyone said they tasted really good. They don't get over done so there is still a little crispness to them. It adds flavor to the chicken too!

me too----See the side note for the recipe----so easy----

I've done a rice dish with peas in the microwave while the chicken is resting. Real easy and tasty too!!

Thank you all so much!

I'm still looking for an Atkins friendly meal to make for my son's teacher, and have settled upon the chicken, but am really struggling with a side that doesn't have potatoes (DH NEEDS spuds at every meal it seems like!) More details on the roasted veggies. Seems to me someone posted a while back about doing veggies in the bar pan. Details anyone?

I have a host that would like to make a side dish that would go good with the 30 min. chicken in the DCB. Any ideas?

Rice pilaf would be good. Easy to do in the rice cooker. I love the Zatarain's. I hate to admit it but it's better than I can make homemade. lol

More details on the roasted veggies.

I toss mine with a bit of oil and a package of onion soup mix and roast them on the bar pan. Potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms. They're yummy but I'm pretty sure that's not Adkins friendly. lol

RebelChef said:
I toss mine with a bit of oil and a package of onion soup mix and roast them on the bar pan. Potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms. They're yummy but I'm pretty sure that's not Adkins friendly. lol

I guess that's why I'm still "fluffy" everything that sounds good is fattening!!

I guess that's why I'm still "fluffy" everything that sounds good is fattening!!

I can relate to that. My family thinks we have to have potatoes or rice with every meal. One of the drawbacks to living in the south. lol The food's just too dang good.

straitfan said:
I'm still looking for an Atkins friendly meal to make for my son's teacher, and have settled upon the chicken, but am really struggling with a side that doesn't have potatoes (DH NEEDS spuds at every meal it seems like!) More details on the roasted veggies. Seems to me someone posted a while back about doing veggies in the bar pan. Details anyone?

I don't know about the bar pan posting but you should be able to brush our canola oil on any vegetables, sprinkle with your favorite seasoning and grill in the grill pan or bake in the oven on a bar pan.

Roasted Asparagus is wonderful! Toss it with a little olive oil, and sprinkle just a tad of Rosemary Herb seasoning on it. Roast it at 400 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. To make it extra special and yummy.....brown a Tbls. of butter in the 8 inch skillet (if you use the SS pan, you can tell easier when it begins to brown....or when it just begins to get a nutty scent) and then add 1 teas. of soy sauce, and 1 teas. of balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus, and oh is it ever yummy! My 3 yr old even gobbles it up!

The Asparagus sounds delish! I may have to try that. Not sure if I have the Rosemary herb seasoning................hmmmmm I'll have to call around and see if I can nab some!

Christy - if you don't have Rosemary-herb, it's also good with some freshly ground sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.

When I worked as a personal chef - this was a most requested side-dish! If you only roast it for about 7 minutes, you can drizzle it, cool it, and freeze it. It freezes beautifully this way.

What are some good side dishes to serve with DCB chicken?

Some popular options for side dishes to serve with DCB chicken are roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, quinoa salad, and a green salad.

Can I make a vegetarian side dish to serve with DCB chicken?

Yes, there are many vegetarian options for side dishes to serve with DCB chicken. Some ideas include roasted vegetables, quinoa salad, couscous, or a mixed greens salad.

How can I make a gluten-free side dish to serve with DCB chicken?

There are many gluten-free options for side dishes to serve with DCB chicken. Some ideas include roasted vegetables, quinoa salad, rice pilaf, or a gluten-free pasta salad.

What are some quick and easy side dishes to serve with DCB chicken?

If you're short on time, some quick and easy side dish options for DCB chicken include steamed vegetables, a pre-made salad mix, instant rice, or pre-packaged seasoned potatoes.

Are there any side dishes that pair particularly well with DCB chicken?

Some side dishes that pair especially well with DCB chicken are honey glazed carrots, roasted sweet potatoes, garlic green beans, or a summer vegetable medley.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Brenda K.
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • lesliebakes